Captain obvious

Love square.

Jangmi pov

He walked towards a bench that was two feet away from where we stood. He sat down, patting the spot next to him. I walked up to him and sat down, still keeping my distance.

"How are you?" He spoke, breaking the silence.

"I'm good. You?" I asked with hope, tilting my head to face him. He looked at me and gave me a crooked smile.

"I'm trying." He mumbled. I stared at him, taking in his words. It hit me, making me want to just give him a bear hug and cuddle up with him in a big blanket. His face suddenly turned sorrowful, the creases between his eyes appeared, as the ones on his forehead came into view as well. The look in his face showed how confused, uncertain, and forlon he was.

I let out a tiny sigh before relaxing my shoulders. My arms spread out, offering him one thing I thought I wouldn't have to do in the future. He leaned in, wrapping his arms around my waist, while my arms hooked around the back of his neck.

He let out a contented sigh, resting his head on my shoulder further.

"I missed this." He whispered into my ear, sounding like he already knew how I was going to reply.

"Jin.." I got cut off.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that.." He paused, then continued, "Why am I so stupid? Those three words just triggered all the memories. I'm sorry." He stammered, letting go of my grip.

"Stop apologizing, will you?" I nudged his shoulder, giggling at him.

"I'm sorry." He replied, then noticed he said it again.

"Um. My bad?" He rubbed the nape of his neck, chuckling. I laughed at his embarrassment.

"I missed you.." I mumbled.

"I did too." He smiled back at me. We shared a short staring contest, smiling at eachother before leaving to go find the rest.

We found all of them in the foodcourt, seated at one of the big tables in the middle. Jin and I walked over to them, taking the two free spots which were right in front of eachother. All of them were in a conversation with eachother, so they didn't really acknowledge our arival.

"Hey." The person beside me poked my arm. I turned to see the boy from earlier today, that bumped into me with a skateboard.

"Oh. It's you." I pointed out.

"Yeah it is Captain obvious," He chuckled. I laughed with him.

"So, you and hyung?" He nodded his head over to Jin. I smiled at him, reminiscing all the memories I had with Jin.

"Kind of." I tried to hide my smile. I know Jin heard us. I saw in the corner of my eyes, his head jerked my way.

"What happened?" His eyebrow raised.

"Nosey much?" I playfully asked.

"Sorry." He sincerely felt bad for bugging into my business.

"Hey, I'm joking. Lighten up." I nudged his arm, grinning at him. His lips curved into a smile, as a red blush crept upon his cheeks.

"I'll tell you next time. Right now isn't a very good place to talk about this. Besides, I'm pretty sure we'll be meeting more often, now that we actually knew your friends" I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear. "Oh, by the way. What's your name?" I laughed, since we met earlier already.

"I'm Kim Taehyung, but you can call me V." He stretched out his hand. I took his hand into mines and shook it.

"I'm Kim Jangmi. Nice to know a person who shares the same last name as I do, other than my brother." I pointed at Kai with my head. He turned to look who I was speaking of, then he turned back around with a curious face.

"He's your brother?" He cautiously asked. I nodded my head and relief rushed through his eyes.

"I thought he was your- because I saw you two- ummm." I caught onto what he was talking about and I laughed.

"He's a little protective.." I slowly stated the situation. "So, are you knew here? I didn't see you last year at Seoul High with them." I asked.

"Oh, yeah. I came here during the summer and I met these guys. They were, I guess what you call really nice." He replied.

"They sure are." I smiled at him. I turned to the whole group, "So, since we're together. We should all just hang out." I suggested.

Everyone smiled and nodded replying with sure's and okay's. We all ended up going to the apartment and hung out at their room. All the boys were fighting over what action or scary movie to watch, while Hyunjoo was yelling at them with a romance movie in her hand. I was in the kitchen microwaving popcorn. As I was sitting down on the chair of the table, Jin came through the door way.

"Hey" He smiled.

"Hey." I smiled back. He took a seat infront of me, grabbing a two bottles of water. He slid the bottle across the table. 

"When did you move into this aparment? I never saw you around." I asked.

"I'm just hanging out with them. I have my own place." He replied. I nodded, not wanting to reply.

"So, what are you majoring in?" He asked.

"Ummm, Dance and Physics." I replied with a shy smile.

"I knew it, you were always so passionate about dancing." He complimented. "Physics though? I never knew you liked physics." He continued.

"Yeah. I actually switched from ap chem, to ap physics in the beginning of senior year. I thought it would be more fun and it actually was." My lips curled up into a smile. "What school do you go to?" My head tilted to the side.

"I'm actually transfering to Seoul National University from the college I was attending last sem at USA." He explained.

"Oh, really? Hyunjoo, Kai, and I are attending there too. L.joe is too, Hyunjoo's cousin." I smiled. His lips curled up into a huge grin.

"Then I guess we'll be seeing eachother more often." He said. The microwaved beeped, signaling that the popcorn was done. 

"You should pop another bag. That one isn't gonna fit them." He chuckled. After finishing popping another bag, we walked to the living room. Jin and I sat on the ground, infront of the couch since all the seats were taken. I looked at everyone laughing and sitting together, then smiled to myself,

*I hope everyday is like this*

They ended up choosing an action movie and by the time it was done, it was already 10pm. I looked at Jin and he looked back at me smiling, "You're tired huh?" he asked. "Yeah, I think we're gonna head back now." I responded.

I grabbed all the snacks and trash that accumulated during the movie and cleaned up while Jin grabbed the rest and followed me into the kitchen. While we were both in the kitchen, I could feel Jin staring at me the entire time, but he finally broke the silence, "Jangmi..." Jin whispered.

I turned around and looked at his sad face. I walked towards him and grabbed his hands, which took him by surprise. I looked up at him, "Jin, I know we have a past but I hope we can all hang out often just like today without it being awkward. What happened in the past is done even though I do wish that the stuff that happened never occured." I looked down. Jin put a smile on his face and nodded. I could tell that he was sad and broken but we can't change the past.

I let go and walked into the living room where everyone was at. I then walked to Hyunjoo, Kai, and L.joe letting them know that it might be time to head back since it's so late already. We all greeted everyone goodnight and exited their apartment. Right when I was about to close the door to their apartment, V suddenly said, "BRB" and followed us. 

Hyunjoo, Kai, and L.joe looked at him right before they entered our apartment and I looked at them saying, "I'll be right there."

V and I were in the hallway of our apartment complex alone when he suddenly spoke, "Are you busy tomorrow?"

I looked at him and chuckled, shaking my head, "Yeah I am, I'm leaving at 8:30am for my 9am class."

V smiled with his eyes, "Okay, I'll be right out here at 8:30am sharp to take you to class." He turned around quickly and opened his door to go back into his apartment.

I scrunched my eyebrows, "Uh why?"

He turned around and smiled, "Just cuz." then closed the door.

I stood there puzzled. *What just happened.*