Hey

Love square.

Jangmi pov

I walked down the stairs of my apartment building holding a big bag of trash. The struggle was so real, when carrying this trash down the flight of stairs. Especially after you lost to a smacking version of rock, paper, scissors to see who'll take the trash out, it was much more harder to even grab something with your beat up hands.

I threw the trash onto one of the bins, having it fall a few seconds after. I grunted, picking up my feet and stomping towards the fallen trash. Grabbing it with my hands, finally settling it in the bin more properly.

I went back to the door, pulling the handle. Unfortunately it didn't budge, and that gave my brain a hint that I'm stuck outside. I huffed at the annoyance and walked around the building, having my shoulder being pushed by some boy on a skateboard. 

My fell onto the ground, as I let out a tiny scream.

"Yah! Watch where you're going!" I yelled at the boy, while my eyes were still closed from the contact of the ground. The boy halted his skateboard a few feet away from me, kicking it up. He grabbed it with his right hand, holding it beside his body. He walked toward me, leaning lower to offer his free hand.

"You okay?" I grabbed his hand. He pulled me up to my feet, only having his skateboard fall to the ground. I dusted my pants with my hands, while he bent down to pick up his skateboard.

"Yeah. Just watch where you're going next time. I could've been an old lady for all you know." I scolded, but tried to be playful to not be so rude. He chuckled and put his left hand into his pocket.

"Well, I'm glad I bumped into an old lady as beautiful as you." He complimented. My left eye brow raised up from his sudden courtesy, considering that he just bumped in to me, making me fall down.

"Now, don't go lovey dovey with me now. It's not love at first sight you know?" I giggled. 

"Where you headed?" He ignored my question. I nodded towards the apartment building in front of us.

"You live here?" He pointed to the building.

"Yeah." I replied.

"Cool, I was just heading inside." He smiled. He's actually really adorable, in consideration of his bad boy look with his black v-neck, black washed jeans, camo snapback, and Jordans.

"Sure you were." I laughed at his constant effort to make talk with me. I walked up to my floor with him still following me.

"Don't you have anywhere else to go, except be a ert and stalk me?" I turned around once I reached my door. I saw him in front of a door that was right across from my door.

"Yeap, This is me." He nodded his head towards the door that says 508. I pursed my lips together, nodding.

"Oh, Okay." I waved at him before entering my apartment.

"Yeah. See you next time." He smiled and closed his door.

I came into the room to find Kai sleeping on the couch, Hyunjoo cleaning the kitchen dishes, and L.joe on the floor watching t.v. L.joe looked up from the t.v and saw me, giving me a small smile. I smiled back at him before joining Hyunjoo in the kitchen.

"What took you so long?" She complained.

"I ran into someone downstairs." I laughed at the memory that was made a couple minutes ago.

"Oh, really? Who?" She asked, looking up from her soaping hands rubbing the small bowl.

"This boy. He bumped into me after I took out the trash." I simply replied to her.

"A boy?! You know that if a cute boy bumps into you unexpectedly, he'll end up being your soul mate." She teased.

"And this is coming from a girl who bumps into boys every week, ending the relationship after two days." I chuckled at her un-trustable idea of love at first sight. "Besides, you don't even know if he was even cute." I grabbed the clean bowl from her hand, using a towel to dry it.

"Why don't you tell the boys to get ready, while I finish up here?" I suggested, pulling the pink elastic gloves onto my hands.

"Yeah, sure. Thanks." She grinned, skipping into the living room like a happy child.

"WAKE UP!" I heard her yell, to what I assume is towards Kai. A smack then rung all the way from the living room.

"Alright lady! Sheesh!" Kai grunted. I laughed at their relationship.

They've always been like that. Non-stop bickering, endless fighting, pointless comments, stupid remarks, embarrassing moments from the past, you name it. If I were to count how many times Kai and Hyunjoo fought, I would need to fill 2 big white boards in a classroom, using tally marks. 

This had all started in the Kindergarten when Kai and I walked in our classroom. Our teacher Mr. Kim had put us into groups of fours, according to our tables. He said that we need to group into two's first to be with someone we like, then he would put us together so there wouldn't be any fighting over who is grouped with who. Kai hooked his arm right into mine once he heard the teacher, causing everyone to look our way. Mr. Kim then grouped us with a boy and a girl, who ended up being my great friends Hyunjoo and Ilhoon.

Ever since that first day, Kai has always been making fun of her, I should say. To me, it seems like he's just getting her attention because he's jealous of all the boys surrounding her. But, you know how life goes with a brother like Kai. He's very in denial of everything that is accused of him.

As I finished up the last set of dishes, I turned around, wiping my hands onto a towel. L.joe sat on the dining table, facing me.

"You okay?" I hung the towel onto the oven handle.

"Uh, yeah." He sheepishly mumbled, quickly locking his phone from his hands and pushing it inside his pocket. I giggled at his embarrassment, walking outside the kitchen then stopping after a second.

"We'll be leaving in a while. You should get ready." I giggled, looking at him from head to toe. That's when he noticed that he hasn't even gotten ready yet.

He chuckled and rubbed the nape of his neck, standing up.

"Yeah, I should go get ready." His cheeks slightly reddened. I smiled at him, then made my way upstairs.

~~~~~

As we walk into the mall, Kai's extra cautious about all the men in the mall. He 'protectively' wrapped his arm around my waist, whispering in my ear that, "If I don't do this, then all the men ogling at you right now is gonna you". I smacked his arm at his statement, but letting him do what he wants because if I don't, then he would drag me back home and not pay for my shopping.

My parents give my brother and I allowance every month, sad to say. It may seem like we're the siblings that are very independent with our well being, but no. Well, we actually are a little independent since we both decided to move out and experience the world through our own eyes. As of now though, our lives consist of counting on our parents, but I'm sure it won't stay that way and we sure aren't spoiled brats. The only thing I hate is that Kai gets so much allowance than I do. Just because he's working/training under dad's company to be the next CEO, doesn't mean he gets more than I do...

Yes. Yes it does Jangmi.

*Oh, will you shut up.* I scolded my conscience.

"So, what are you planning on buying?" Kai asked, as we walked down the pathway of the mall.

"Clothes" I simply stated.

"Of course.. Whatever, anything for the wittle baby." He teased. I elbowed him in his side, causing him to tumble sideways. He gaped at me, holding his side.

"Ouuuuchhh" He dramatically whined, catching the attention of the people around us.

"You're so stupid." I gawked at him, then grabbed his arm to wrap it back around my waist.

"But you love me." He playfully grinned at me.

"Yeah, yeah." I waved off his statement.

We entered a store that had uni- clothes since Kai and L.joe wanted to get some stuff too. L.joe walked around with Hyunjoo, while Kai... he stayed by my side with his arm around me.

"Can't you let my waist breathe?" I grew annoyed. He slowly let go of my waist, and I felt like I was finally free from jail. But seconds later, his hand intertwined with my hand, making me turn my head to him.

"Ugh." I complained, finally giving up. We all had bought three bags each of clothes from that store. I walked out with three bags on one hand and my other hand, contaminated with Kai germs. Well, it's still contaminated with his germs, since he's practically holding on to me like his life depended on it.

As we walked down the mall, I spotted a group of boys. Some looked like high schoolers from Seoul High and the others looked really familiar. The distance between us and the boys decreased, and that's when I noticed all of the boys, with one catching all my attention. He was laughing, suddenly then turning my way, finally noticing my presence.

His eyebrow knitted together, his brown eyes glued to me. Once I reached the boys, Kai beside me noticed who was in front of us and saw who they were. Kai let go of my hand then made his way towards the rest of the boys, giving them all a handshake and a greeting. I stood there staring at the boy in front of me with his usual black zip up sweater, dark washed jeans, smooth brown hair that covers his forehead, and his brown eyes that always gets me. We stood there, facing each other, not minding the people around us. I can feel Kai's and Hyunjoo's eyes on me and the boy.

"We'll leave you guys." Kai suggested, seeing the tension. Hyunjoo caught onto the situation, grabbing L.joe by the arm and dragging him away. Kai went with the rest of the boys, while the two of us were left alone. There was a couple of silence, till a voice finally broke it.

"Hey." I little smile crept up his flawless face, giving me tiny butterflies that used to be there for this boy.

"Hi." I smiled back at him.

------------------------------------

a/n~

I hope you liked this chapter... I haven't updated on this story in a while and I wanted to give you guys a nice chapter

♡support & thanks♡