The Cornucopia

The Games

We woke to the bright sun in our faces, blinding us. Today was most likekly the last day and we all knew it since we were eating more than usual. At least we were eating the rest of the food that we had which wasn't much. Beef jerkey, an apple, and berries that I had picked earlier in the morning. Our supplies had been blown to bits and we were dehydrated, having not taken in any water since yesterday morning.

We kept glancing between each other, wondering if we would have to kill one another. THings were getting uneasy as we all had our weapons close.

The announcement startled us. "Attention tributes, there will be a feast in a few hours. There are things that each of you need desperately. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor."

We looked at each other with smirks. We could dominate this and take the other tribute's bags, making their chances of survival even slimmer and the work that we had to do in the end a little less.

 

 

It was time of the feast, a table rising in front of the Cornucopia. Five bags sat on them with the numbers, 2, 4, 7, 10, and 12. We had made a plan, I would grab the bags, Vera would wait for Xia to show up and take her out while Kai scoped things out for us.

Suddenly, there was a flash of black and then the female from Four was gone along with her bag.

"Dammit!"

"What the hell is Kai doing!? That idiot," hissed Vera. Now we were in the game, we were going to take out as many as we could.

I nudged Vera to go, seeing that Xia had arrived and grabbed her bag. We were behind her so when she turned, Vera threw a knife and caught her on the bicep. I blew past them, going for the bags. Behind me I could hear Vera taunting Xia and I knew that it would soon be over for 12.

I grabbed our bags and turned to a bump.

There was a small scream and then another thud. Vera's voice was heard and I shot forward.

I turned the corner of the Cornucopia, sprinting with the bags for her as she was slammed against the side of the metal. Xia had gotten away and Vera was pinned at her neck against the side of the Cornucopia.

"KAI! KAI!"

"VERA!" I yelled at her.

She spotted me coming at her. "MAYA!"

She was thrown onto the ground right as she had screamed for me, her head snapping backwards. I could tell that whe was dazed, her eyes growing dull. There wasn't any time to pull out a knife before the large teen hit her, snapping her head in a painful angle. She gurgled something before going silent. Her cannon went off and I knew that she was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After being gone so long, here is another chapter for you, my beautiful subbies!! ^^