Final Four

The Games

I realized that I haven't updated this in so long, my apologies everyone!

~~~~~~~~~~

Half way thought the night, I woke because it was so cold. The thin lairs of clothing did almost nothing to keep me warm. I shivered, gaining nothing out of it. If I didn't do something soon, I would freeze to death. Just figuratively.

I climbed down to the lower branch that Kai was asleep on, his legs dangling off the side of the branch. I sat on the branch in front of him. I wanted to curl up against him but I didn't want to startle him or wake him up. He was so beautiful, perfection was evident, even with the dirk caked into his skin. I slid forwards slowly to get a better look at him.

His eyes shot open, making me flinch.

"What are you doing, Maya?"

"Um..."

"Are you cold?"

I gave a small nod. Suddenly, his arms ewe open, as if he wanted a hug. I crawled over to him on the branch and he pulled me into his strong chest. I blushed as I leaned against him, settled between his legs. My face was nuzzled into his neck. He actually smelled good and I inched closer to him, melting in his warm embrace. He wasn't like I thought he was, he just wanted to survive like the rest if us.

With the new warmth, I fell asleep in Kai's embrace.

 

We woke to a single cannon being fired. Both of us looked at each othe, nobody knew who's cannon it was, it could have been anyone's. 

We jumped out of the tree, me landing gracefully in a crouch and Kai landing, not so gracefully. More like on his . I let out a small laugh and earned a glare from the large male sitting on the ground. I offered him a hand and helped him back to his feet, almost falling in the process.

It was a wonder his hard I had fallen for the boy from D strict Two when I knew that I was better off staying at a distance. But I couldn't help myself, it was like he had a magnet strapped to him that pulled me in. What would happen if it came down to the two of us? I didn't want to think about that.

We tracked the male from Ten until it was almost dark. So far we were having no luck and had found next to nothing.

I bent down to investigate an extremely disturbed area. "Kai look, the laces are really messed up here, I think he went this way," I said, pointing to the left of us.

"All right."

It suddenly got dark very fast, making the both of us stand on full alert. There were big blazing sounds that sounded very unnatural. I sniffed the air, filled with smoke. There was a scream that pierced through the darkness that startled both of us. It went in for a while, the endless screams that came from a male. And then the cannon shot.

Everything went silent.

"What was that?" I whispered to Kai.

"It's the finale, there are only four of us now."

I looked at him and then back to the woods. Now there were rushing sounds that were starting up again along with a dim light in the distance. They were getting closer and closer to us.

"Um Kai I think we should-"

"RUN!" He yelled, grabbing my hand.

We sprinted back the way we came as fast as our legs would carry us. The fire blazing on behind us was spreading too fast to be natural. This was made by the game makers to force all of us to the center of the arena. To where the metal cornucopia stood alone against the outline of the sky.

"Come on!" I yelled as I gripped his hand tighter.