Finale

The Games

We took off and broke out of the woods, my beaded bangs knocking against my collar bones with the flames right on our heels. We sprinted faster towards the big mets, Cornucopia in the middle of the arena as the fire stopped at the tree line. Suddenly, Kai wasn't at my side anymore, being jerked out of my grasp. Instead, he had been knocked to the ground, rolling with the biy from Ten on top of him. They were locking in a brawl, neither if them getting anywhere.

Kai shoved the boy off of him, throwing a punch that broke a few bones for sure. The boy from Ten had blood running down his nose and chin. Then he had tackled Kai before he had a chance to draw his sword and they were on the ground again. 

Xia burst from the woods, patting out flames that had ignited at the bottom of her pants. She kept looking back into the woods that had the fire at the limbs and branches. Jacob must have been the one that the cannon had shot for.

I turned my attention back to the pair a few meters away, grabbing into the hilt of my axe. I ran towards them when the boy had Kai pinned beneath him and began to pull the sword from his belt. Kai kicked the biy off if him but not before the blade had been ran through his stomach. My heart dropped at the sight of the blood that poured from the newly inflicted wound. Kai stumbled back, ripping the sword out if his stomach and away from the boy's grasp. He was about to swing when an arrow came flying at him, lodging itself into his muscular chest. He slowly looked down,  blood covering his torso and dipping into the ground at his feet. Our eyes met and it seemed like my feet couldn't move fast enough as his knees buckled from under him.

"KAI!" I screamed.

Ten rushed over towards where Xia stood and stopped meters away, their eyes met and they seemed to stare at each other. They were allies.

I ran and caught him before he hit the ground. I placed his head gently in my lap as my knees came crashing into the ground. I broke off the end of the arrow and he let out a groan as he stared up into my tear filled eyes. My shaking hands brushed his hair from his face as the tears that streamed down my cheeks landed on his tanned skin. He gave me a small smile, reaching up slowly to wipe the tears from my face. I caught his hand without a word as his eyes slowly faded and they fluttered closed. I placed his limp hand at his side before sliding out from beneath him. I gave his lips the first and last kiss and then pecked his forehead. It felt like a heavy weight had been placed on my shoulders and there had been a huge loss that my ravaged heart couldn't take. My whole world had just shattered in a matter of moments. My sadness turned into pure rage.

I stood and turned to Xia as his cannon went off. He was gone, never coming back to me. I would never hold him again, never look at his face or ever hold his hand. I had just lost a part of me, Kai had been a good part of my painful life and now he was gone.

I let out a growl as I charged Xia, blowing past the other boy and barely dodging an arrow that was shot at me. I threw myself at her, landing near the edge of the trees where the flames at them greedily. I got my hands around her neck, straddling her stomach as I raised the axe that would end her life.

"You , you killed him!"

Suddenly I was jerked off of her before I could bring the axe down and I was slammed into the ground. My head snapped back and little black spots flashed across my vision as I tried to pull myself up. I was disoriented as I ran at her once again, this time the boy met me and threw me near the flames. The axe slipped out of my hands and skidded into the burning woods.

Growling, I got up and swung a fist at the boy. I made contact with his jaw and he stumbled back and I followed through with a roundhouse kick to his chest. I'm sure I was putting on a pretty good show for the Capitol, vesting the large boy from Ten. Quickly, I straddled his waist while he was down. Taking the dagge from my belt, I held it to his neck.

"Ready to die, Ten?"

There were thundering footsteps behind me and I looked over my shoulder, knowing that Xia was coming. She aimed an arrow at me which I ducked as it sized past my ear, barely missing me. I twisted around, still having Ten pinned my the neck. I hurled the dagger at her, going for a kill but hitting her right shoulder instead. She let out a scream as the baked lodged itself into the soft flesh. I was hoping for someplace better but the shoulder was good since she could no longer draw her bow.

I smirked, that should keep her occupied for a while. I turned back to Ten and whacked the side of his head with my fist, making a bruise that added to his already bloody nose and lips.

Soon I learned that turning my back to Xia was a bad idea. I had forgotten that I had left her with the dagger that I had thrown at her. There was a searing pain in my chest, it was so hard to breathe now. I stared down into Ten's wide eyes as my body went limp and my vision faded to blackness. The pain engulfed me as I fell to the side and then everything seemed to disappear. This was it....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for making them die but that was the plot all along. But don't worry, because I couldn't just leave them like that. There is still one more chapter until their story is truely finished.