Party Until The Dawn

The Unofficial Couple & the -Blocking Siblings!

 

A/N: Very Long Read!
 

 

 

Today was the day of the party and Sungmi took two hours in order to prepare. It had been a while since she's ever wore full out makeup and she wanted to dress her best to see her really good friends.

She and G.Na haven't spoken since the incident of her walking in on the makeout session. And she didn't even come home that night prior. She was worried until she received a text saying that we she went home to her parents for the weekend. Sungmi was honestly relieved and believe G.Na went home with the purpose of avoiding her & honestly Sungmi would have done the same.

She looked at herself in the mirror and winked. "Hmm, not bad, Not bad." After applying mascara she was finished and decided to wear a short red tight dress with walkable sized heels.

She looked at herself in the mirror and winked. "I look good," She grabbed her clutch and began to pack her essential & left the gifts for each of her friends by the door.

On the other hand, Jonghwan was already awake. He wore a sweater vest and skinny jeans. He glanced at the mirror and wondered, "Is this too nerdy?"

He tried on about 7 other outfit ideas until he finally decided to keep his "nerd" outfit. Why am I even doing this? He asked himself.

He glanced around the room and saw Jin sleeping on his bed and made a sour face. I can't believe I'm sleeping in the same room as the guy who tried to get at my girl. And I can't believe he's that good looking.

Jin was good looking, he had to admit it. And it crushed his self esteem.

Grabbed his keys, he left to Sungmi's dorm. After walking he passed three mirrors and his expression grew even more sour. Why am I worrying about how I look? This is ridiculous! I don't care what my friends think of the way I look.

He stopped in front of Sungmi's dorm and knocked. The only opinion that matters is-

She opened the door, and Jonghwan nearly dropped dead. He stared wide eyed and she chuckled.

"Do you like it?" She purposely fluttered her eyes and he snapped out of his trace. "What's wrong with your eye?" She frowned.

"I can't believe I even tried!" She slammed the door and he caught the door with his foot and winced.

She sat on her bed and crossed her arms. "That hurt!" He cried. And she ignored him.

Jonghwan rolled his eyes, damn, how can she be mad at me.. It's Christmas, and she looks beautiful. He sighed and let his ego take the better of him. He grabbed the gifts and left.

She turned around to find that he already left and she scoffed. I can't believe he left! I can't believe I even tried this hard for him and he doesn't even appreciate me. I just wanted him to be happy that I tried for him.. I didn't think we'd start Christmas with a fight.. Maybe this is one of the reasons why we aren't together...

She saw Jonghwan playing with his smartphone on the door and she frowned. He didn't even come and.. She opened the door and put on her seatbelt. Before Jonghwan could say anything, she looked at the window, ignoring his presence.

He sighed and started the car. "We're going to mom's first right? Yours or mine?" He asked.

"Mine." She answered. "But we have to act like we're not in a fight, they'll be suspicious and hound me." He nodded. "Agreed, same with my mom." She nodded.

And he took off. The car ride was silent except for the radio playing Christmas songs. Teen Top's Snow Kiss came and she chuckled. I can't believe Teen Top actually ended up on the radio. I'm so proud of them.

Soon enough they both arrived at Sungmi's parents Christmas lunch, and she grabbed the bag for her parents and relatives. Little did they know, a few people were attending as well.

Sungmi held out her hand and smiled warmly. I don't know if this smile is fake or not... He looks adorable in his sweater vest.

"Wait, do you think your parents will like my sweater vest?" She rang the doorbell and turned to him.

"They already love you, okay honey. You be you, because you're perfect and I love you.." Jonghwan softened. He ducked down and gave her a peck on the lips. When he pulled away, the door swung open to....

"JIN?" Sungmi gasped. Jonghwan's eyes widened. Jin looked away red-faced. "Um, your parents are inside." He said and moved out of the way.

Sungmi nodded and walked past Sungmi as fast as she could. She ducked her head low and ran to find her parents. Jonghwan walked in calmly and avoided Jin's eye contact. He watched as Sungmi stumbled in panic and chuckled. She's so cute.

Jin but his lip and held back any emotions. Don't make a scene, not here, not now. You brought her, why are you upset she brought someone?

"OMONA! MY JONGHWANIE!" Sungmi's halmeoni exclaimed. Jonghwan smiled and gave her a hug. "How's college?" She asked. He chucked and replied, "It's great!"

"Halmeoni! You pay attention to Jonghwan but not your own grand daughter?" Sungmi jokingly teased. Halmeoni shifted gears and gave a loving gaze towards Sungmi.

"You never visit me, isn't it sad that I'm closer to Jonghwan than you? Wait, do you know each other?" She asked. Their eyes widened.

She looked at him, you didn't tell her? He looked at her, you didn't tell her?

"Halmeoni, we're actually dating." Jonghwan admitted. Sungmi stared at Jonghwan and softened. Jonghwan...

"You are?! I thought you end up Yoona, and I thought you end up with your childhood friend Jin!" She said. Jonghwan's has dropped. She knows Jin?

"Halmeoni~ Not in front of my boyfriend!" She cooed and Halmeoni hit her head, "YAH, I'm not your boyfriend, why are you doing ageyo to me and not him?" She scolded.

Sungmi pouted and Jonghwan chuckled. "You're my favorite Halmeoni." She smiled and pecked his cheek. "You're my favorite in-law honey." And she walked away.

IN-LAW?! They both reddened until they heard another voice, "MY DAUGHTER!" Sungmi looked towards the voice and brightened.

"UMMMMA!!" She ran and gave her mom a hug. "You're so big and beautiful honey, HONEY! Sungmi's here!" She called out. Sungmi handed her the presents they prepared. "This is for you and APPA and Halmeoni, there are labels." She smiled.

"AWH, thank you sweetie, you didn't have too." She smiled.

She glanced behind Sungmi and noticed Jonghwan. "Jonghwan? From the resturuant? What are you doing here?"

She's a part of the good looking couple that's related to Halmeoni.. I should have known she was Sungmi's mother.

Jonghwan raised a brow at Sungmi. "Wait, you know him from the restaurant?" Sungmi asked. She nodded.

"How do you know him?" She asked.

"He's my boyfriend Umma.. The guy I told you about.. The college guy..?"

"OH. He's the one that made you turned down all those other colleges to attend the one here?" Jonghwan gulped. That doesn't sound good.

She marched up to him and gave him a bright smile and wrapped her arms around him. "You saved our little girl! Originally I wanted her to go there. But she had the idea of overseas school which means she had to live so far away. I approve of him. There was something I liked about you since we met at the restaurant!" Jonghwan sighed in relief.

"Thank You Auntie." He said. She smiled.

"Call me Umma, we're family." Jonghwan reddened. "T-Thank you, it's an honor.. Umma."

"MY BABY!" "APPA!" Sungmi ran into her fathers arms and he squeezed her as hard as he could.

He pulled away and gave her a kiss on the forehead. "Why are you so dressed up? Where is that boy you promised to bring? Why did I give birth to such a beautiful baby girl?" He pinched her cheek.

She laughed and held Jonghwan's hand and pulled him over. "Apparently, Umma said you met him already."

"Isn't this the boy from the restaurant? You know him?"

"Mom had the same reaction, yes, he's the boy that went to school with me the college boy." She asked.

"OHHHH, hmmm.. Here along I thought Yoona would have taken you here but she took some boy with red hair instead."

Red hair? They both thought. "That may be my classmate Appa, I'm gonna go say Hi to the rest of the family!" Sungmi smiled.

"WAIT let me have a man-to-man talk with my son-in-law." Sungmi facepalmed. I'm getting tired of that phrase. "Okay APPA," Sungmi went to get a drink.

"Jonghwan-ah, you know that you're my little girl's first boyfriend.. That baekhyun boy was confusing but she considers you her first. I know she's crazy about you from the way she talks. She's never admitted to liking anyone until she told us about what happened with college. She's my little girl, and if you hurt her, you better hope I don't find you okay?" He said. Jonghwan nodded.

"Uncle, I promise to never hurt Sungmi and I love her very much."

"Do you plan to marry her?"

"YA APPA!" She yelled. Jonghwan and her father chuckled.

"Honestly, Uncle, yes I am." He said. Sungmi's dad smiled and patted his back.

"You've made a great choice, welcome to the family." He whisphered. He nodded and bowed to Sungmi's dad before walking to Sungmi. Sungmi handed him some Juice. And avoided his gaze.

"Sorry about everyone and ..the whole in-law marry thing.. It's just that we're out of high school and ya know. They want me to get hitched like ASAP." He chuckled and directed her chin towards him.

"It would have been uncomfortable if I didn't think about it." He pecked her lips. "I love you.." He cooed. Sungmi softened.

"Look at them.. They're so in love.. You can tell the way Jonghwan looks at her that he's head over heels for our girl. And you can tell that the way Sungmi smiles and acts she feels the same." Sungmi's mom said to her Father. "It's sounds like us when we were young.."

"YAAAAAH. Jo Jonghwan, who have you permission to be all kissy kissy with my cousin?" Someone asked.

They turned around and was face to fade to pissed of Yoochun. "You think that I don't work for us and then you do whatever you want?" He snarled.

"Hyung! Mianhae I-"

"I'm kidding," He drastically changed to a smile. "Hi Mimi," He said and Sungmi waved.

"How have you been oppa?" She smiled. "Great! Ya know, single as always but great!" He sarcastically remarked.

Sungmi rolled her eyes. "Maybe Jonghwan can hook me up with someone, I mean, he has a thing for getting pretty girls to like him."

Jonghwan reddened. "You do? Oh wait, I remember." She said.

"Oppa, I can hook you up too!"

"Nah, Ill take Jonghwan. & maybe I'll take him on double dates with me too." He winked. Their eyes widened. & Sungmi wrapped her arms around Jonghwan.

"Don't you dare Oppa. He's-"

"Looks like you guys finally tied the knot." Someone commented. Their heads all turned towards a red-haired boy with a goofy smile on his face.

"L.Joe!" She let go of Jonghwan and ran to L.Joe and gave him a hug. "OMO! You look so well! And your hair?!?"

"Yeah, I changed it, do you like?" He asked.

"I like your blonde better, honestly." She chuckled. He gave her a sour look. "YAH. I worked hard to work this."

"Looks like you've been forgotten," Yoochun whispered to Jonghwan. Jonghwan shook his head. "We're all friends from the same high school."

However, Jonghwan couldn't help but feel a little jealous of L.Joe. They did have somewhat of a past together where L.Joe was crazy over her.

"Look at you in your little red dress, you match my hair! Maybe you should have taken me to this party instead?" He winked.

Jonghwan was about to step in until, Sungmi laughed. "You? And me? Sorry L.Joe that's not gonna happen, especially since Yoona is in your life."

He shrugged. "Can't blame a guy for trying. " he chucked. "Plus, Dw, I'm happy with Yoona. So don't you dare go stirring with my heart again." He said playfully. Sungmi took it as a joke and replied, "I'll try." And smiled.

"Damn, Mimi, every guy has a thing for you don't they. L.Joe, Jin, Jaejoong, Jonghwan?" Yoochun said.

"Jaejoong? Your best friend?" She asked.

"Yeah, he thought you were really cute. And asked for your number." Her eyes widened.

"Did you give it to him oppa?" yoochun shook his head. "I think would have to have permission from Jonghwan."

"Nononononono. No one be getting my lady except me." Jonghwan wrapped his arm around Sungmi. And Sungmi blushed at "my lady".

"Damn, Jonghwan who knew you had the guts to do that. " Someone said. All their heads turned towards a voice and Sungmi's expression softened.

"Hi Yoona," she said. Yoona smiled and pinched her cheeks.

"Hi Cuz, how's everything?"

"It's alright, how's senior year? I wish I was there with you guys." Sungmi frowned sadly.

Yoona raised a brow, "No way, Senior year is terrible. I'm waiting just to go to college. You have it lucky."

Sungmi shook her head, "If I didn't have the opportunity to go to college, I would have loved senior year. It's the year to say goodbye and make he best memories." She said.

"I guess, how are you and Jonghwan?" She asked. Sungmi blushed. "We're fine,"

"Has he popped the Question yet?" She asked.

Sungmi shook her head then grabbed his hand, and held it up loud and proud. "But I don't care, we're basically a thing."

Yoona chuckled and winked. & kissed L.Joe on the cheek. "I understand, have fun!"

Jonghwan stared at her. Is that really how you feel? Do you just want to jump into a relationship?

Sungmi bit her lip and avoided Jonghwan's gaze. There's nothing I want more in the world than to be with you. But if you're not ready, I won't push you.

After a few words exchanged with a few of their relatives, Sungmi excused herself to go to the restroom. Jonghwan was grabbing her a few snacks before they attend his family party. While Sungmi finished washing her hands, a figure stood outside the restroom door waiting for her.

I can do this.. I have to talk to her.

"Honey! What are you doing here?" Someone called out. Hyuna appeared out of nowhere and handed him a glass of punch. "Here's your punch," She cooed.

Jin? Sungmi thought. She rested her head against the door and listened to their conversation.

"I'm waiting to use the restroom, how do you like my family party?" He asked.

She smiled and hugged him. "It means a lot to me that you actually brought me here. I'm so glad and honored that you offered to let me meet your parents, espeically since we aren't even dating." She hinted.

Jin raised his eyebrow. Does she? No way.. "Hyuna, you may have misunderstood-"

She cut him off. "I'm gonna grab us a few snacks."

Sungmi softened, she felt bad for Hyuna. She knew who Jin really wanted to be with and she couldn't do anything about it. She wanted Jin to like Hyuna, even if she did confront her. It was obvious that Hyuna cared a lot about Jin, and Jin does for Hyuna.

Would it be a bad idea to set Jin up with Hyuna? Maybe I could do that for him..

Suddenly her phone beeped, she looked at her phone and recieved a text message from Jonghwan.

 

You Ready? -Jonghwan

I'm stuck inside the restroom, Jin is outside of my door and I can't face him. Please come help me..-Sungmi

I'm on it. -Jonghwan

 

Jonghwan rushed to the restroom door and found Jin waiting outside for her. He shot Jin a threatening look and suddenly the door opened revealing Sungmi. She bowed to Jin, "Sorry for taking so long." She linked arms with Jonghwan and began to search for her parents.

Jin sighed. If she's bowing, she feels awkward. Why did I have to ruin everything? Why did I kiss her? He touched his lips and remembered the sparks and fireworks that exploded in his stomach. Because I'm in love with her. I've always been.

He looked at her smiling and hugging Jonghwan. I'm not going to let you take her from me. She belongs with me and not you. His fist tightened and smirked. Let the war begin.

 

tumblr_msv6bdMpQP1rkeuyvo1_500.gif

 

 

"Bye Umma! I'll visit soon!" She hugged her parents and kissed them both on the cheek.

"Bye Mi, Bye Jonghwan, thank you for the gifts! I love my designer purse and your father loves his wallet." She smiled. Sungmi smiled and hugged her parents one last time.

"I love you guys," She whisphered. Her parents softened and gave her a loving sqeeuze before releasing her.

They handed her a box. "This is for you and Jonghwan, tell your parents I said Hi Jonghwan!" He nodded and gave them a loving smile.

They walked to the car hand-in-hand and drove off.

The car ride was silent, but calm.

Sungmi snuck a glance at him and smiled. I love you.. She thought. I was worried that the party would end up to be a diaster but it went really well. Thank you.. I promise to be perfect for your parents as well.

Sungmi looked back at the window. What if his parents don't like me? I've only met his stepdad, I've never met his mother yet. And I'm really nervous.

They've arrived at a modern house. It was a little smaller than Sungmi's house but she didn' mind. It looked comfortable and cozy. She checked herself in the side view mirror and fixed her makeup.

She looked at Jonghwan and asked, "Do I look okay?" She asked.

Jonghwan smiled and kissed her forehead. "You're always beautiful, but you look stunning right now." He admitted. She softened.

"That means you like it right?" She asked hopefully.

He chuckled. "No, I hate it." Her eyes widened. "Because other boys get to see how beautiful you really are, and I already have so much competition." She chuckled.

"Don't worry, you have no competition. I only love you." She said and pecked his lips.

He smiled, you have no idea how badly I just want to keep kissing you.

Together, hand in hand they walked to the front door. Sungmi rang the doorbell while Jonghwan carried the gifts.

Soon, a young girl girl opened the door and she smiled widely. "OPPA!" SHe jumped into Jonghwan's arms.

Sungmi chuckled and took the presents from Jonghwan while he carried his sister. "I miss you Jooyeon." He said. Sungmi was on the verge of tears. I wish I had a sibling.

At times like this, she missed Jongie like crazy. Her parents had the idea of letting her cousin take care of the dog while she went off to college. And once she returned the dog would be given back. But her grandma was allergic to dogs thus her cousin didn't dare bring Jongie to the party.

"Jonghwan? You're here?" A women in her mid forties greeted the couple. "Is this your girlfriend?" She asked.

Sungmi's eyes widened. Is this his mom? She smiled nervously and bowed. "Annyeonghaesayo, Sungmi immida, omeonim." She said.

The women chuckled and Jonghwan smiled. "I'm not his mom sweetie, you don't have to be so stiff. I'm his aunt." Sungmi smiled in relief and gave her an adorable eyesmile.

"It's nice to meet you auntie." She said. The women chuckled and pulled Jooyeon from Jonghwan.

"You made a good choice, she's cute." His aunt winked. Jonghwan chuckled. I know.

He gulped at he saw his stepfather in the living room with a figure linking his arm. Mom.. I really hope you like her. You guys and Jooyeon are the only women in my life I swear to love, protect and cherish. I don't know what you'll do if you like her.

Jonghwan grabbed Sungmi's hand and together they walked to greet his mom.

 

 

"That wasn't so bad right?" Jonghwan asked. Sungmi sighed and laid back in the car. "It wasn't bad but it was a little overwhelming." She answered.

 

Jonghwan's family was ten times worse about the whole marriage mishap. They kept asking her inopropriate questions regarding her ity and many of them yelled at Jonghwan for not proposing. Apparently, it was a tradition to get hitched right out high school, and Jonghwan would be the first to break it due to his shy nature.

Jonghwan sighed as he thought about his mom. He looked at Sungmi and smiled in content.

"Annyeonghaesayo, Sungmi immida," She bowed and Yoonhee blinked at her in surprise. Why does she look so familiar? Who is she?

Jonghwan wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her cheek. "Umma, this is her. The girl I've told you about. This is Sungmi." He smiled.

Yoonhee's eyes widened and the flashback of the night in the club played in her mind. "You're the girl from the night club last year..." She said.

Sungmi's eyes widened and she smiled brightly. "Omo! I remember! Omeonim, you taught me how to dance!" She beamed. Yoonhee chuckled.

"I like her Jonghwan, bring her by more often." She said. Jonghwan sighed in relief. I'm so glad you like her Umma..

"I have presents for you, Minwoo and Jooyeon." He said. She nodded.

"Let me show you to the present room, Sungmi you can meet the rest of her in-laws." She winked. Sungmi's eyes widened and she reddened. "Omonie-" And they fled.

Yoonhee brought Jonghwan to a room and shut the door. "Umma?" He asked.

Yoonhee smiled. "I'm so glad you brought her." He stared at her in confusion. "I met her one night at the club I work at. She's the one who reminded me how much I love to dance.. Plus girl can do a mean ." She winked. Jonghwan reddened. "Umma."

She chuckled and patted Jonghwan's head. She glanced at a package and handed it to Jonghwan. "Here are your presents from Minwoo, Jooyeon and I. I hope you guys like it." SHe said. Jonghwan stared at her.

"I can't accept this Umma, you just got back on your feet and you deserve more-"

"I want you to take it." She placed Jonghwan's gifts on the floor and gave him her gift. "When I couldn't provide for us, you stepped in and became the man of the family. I owe you my life for that honey. So I took out a little of my spending money, but it was for my son, who saved me from my depression and finacial issues. I want you to take it. I want you to be happy now, and with the girl you love. I didn't care who you brought to the party today, as long as you were happy I was."

He smiled and nearly broke down. But he pulled his mom in for a tight hug. "Thank you Umma.." He said. Thank you for my first christmas present..

 

Jonghwan began to tear up and Sungmi gave him a worried look. "Jonghwan? Are you okay?" She asked. He glanced at her and wiped his tears. "I'm fine,"

He cupped her cheek and kissed her nose. "Thank you for making me so happy.. Thank you for entering my life. Thank you for making me fall in love." Sungmi's heart nearly bursted out of her chest. She held his hand and gave him a loving smile.

This christmas has been perfect...