A Rose's Thorns

The Unofficial Couple & the -Blocking Siblings!

After lunch, the four of them set back to the campus. The lunch went by great for everyone, except for Sungmi. She had to withstand the constant teasing of Gina and Jin, but because Jonghwan was there she was afraid to fight back. Actually, she was more afraid of scaring off her friends with her 'new' personality which technically.. Wasn't even her personality. 

"Do you have to have to study? When did you become such a nerd.." Gina pouted. Sungmi turned away with a red face. That term 'nerd' wasn't the nicest word in her vocabulary but she tried not to take it to heart. 

I've always been. You just didn't know.. 

Jonghwan frowned at Sungmi's reaction, he didn't like how Gina was being a bit rude to her but he didn't want to interfer. It seemed better off if there wasn't drama between anyone. 

Jin also noticed her reaction and elbowed Gina. She turned to him and he nodded his head towards Sungmi. She turned and noticed her friend spacing out. She realized what she had done. 

She gasp. "I'm so sorry Mimi! I didn't mean it in a bad way." Sungmi snapped out of her daze and pretended as if she wasn't hurt. 

"Oh? No! I wasn't offended or anything. I'm just very very sleepy." She rubbed her eyes and faked a yawn. 

Gina let out a giggle, "Don't do that! You scared me!" She lightly smack Sungmi's arm but wrapped her arm around her shoulder and together they skipped away. 

Protecting her like always... That's so oppa. Gina thought. 

Jonghwan and Jin began to trail behind but before he could say anything, Jin asked, "Are you and Sungmi.. together?" 

Jonghwan looked at him surprised, he had a serious expression while watching the two. He wanted to know why, but if he asked he might upset him. Plus, he lives with the guy for sake. 

His heart wanted him to say 'yes' but his mind forced him to say, "No.." It was the hardest question he ever had to answer. 

The corner of Jin's lips curved upward a bit, "That's cool. Are you good friends?" 

Jonghwan's eyes shifted off of Jin and back to the girls, "You could say that." 

Jin nodded and began to jog up to catch up to the girls, and soon Jonghwan followed.

 

"I'll see you back in the dorm room sweetie!" Gina gave her a tight hug and she turned to Jin with open arms.

He gave her a look. She pouted, “After years of not seeing me, you’re not going to at least give me a hug? I’m not asking for marriage or something oppa.” She sarcastically remarked.

Jin smirked. He began taking steps towards her with open arms, but at the last second he turned to Jonghwan and gave him a hug.

Sungmi’s jaw dropped. Gina giggled. Jonghwan froze with shock.

What the-

“Bye man,” He said and began to walk away with Gina. “Oh! And bye to you too Bearbear.”

Jonghwan stood frozen awkwardly while Sungmi crossed her hands disapprovingly. “Hmm.. I think you have an admirer oppa.” She said.

Jonghwan gave her a creped out look as she giggled. He softened a bit. She finally looked relaxed and free.

She linked arms with him and pulled him into the library. “Lego!” She announced.

They found a small corner with a large table big enough for them and their research books. Jonghwan began to set up his laptop and documents and Sungmi set her things down.

“Do you want me to buy snacks?” She asked. Jonghwan looked at her with narrowed eyes.

“Do you need to even ask?” He replied. Sungmi gave him a sour look and flipped her hair drastically.

“Well then,” She giggled. “I’ll be right back. I’ll grab some books on the US as well.” He nodded and continued to set his things up.

She found the vending machines all the way across the library and walk to it. She put a dollar into the machine and grabbed the bag of chips she purchased. Before she could put her next dollar into the machine, a hand blocked the money insert pocket.

She turned around and met eyes with a younger looking guy with pretty eyes. He was wearing white with black sweats. Metal chains were hanging from his pockets along with a bandana.

To her, he looked like a terrifying gangster. He looked at her with a deep gaze and began to lean in. Her eyes widened.

What is he doing?!

Without much thought to it, she panicked and raised her knee up hard. His eyes widened and he fell down with a thump. He held his private area in pain and watched as she ran away.

No one has ever rejected me. No one ever dare to knee me.  

He smirked.

This is new.

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

A/N: Who do you think it is? o: 

 

I'm so sorry readers! I've had school pile up on me. But this weekend I'm going to update more to make up for the past weeks of no updates.