Chapter One

Unluckily Stuck With You

NP: First Snow-EXO

 

Chapter One

It’s snowing again. It reminds me of you- your pale skin, your cold attitude yet you are very fragile and of course, it reminds me of our first meeting. The meeting I’ve never knew would change me.

 

[Jongin's POV]

1866-Gyeonghoeru Hall [Royal Banquet Hall]

“Cheers!” I screamed like a fool before drinking the whole glass of soju in one shot.

“Wahh! Another one!” I clapped my hands as the gisaengs by my side giggled and served me another glass.

“Orabeoni is jjang!” one of them chimed as she kissed my left cheek.

“Of course! I am king!” everyone laughed. Sometimes I wonder why they laugh whenever I tell them that I am going to be the king. Am I not worthy?

 

Of course I am.

 

Our celebration was cut off as my father, the ‘current’ king entered.

“Jongin! Drinking again?  Go to Jaseondang (Crown Prince’s and Princesses’ Quarters). Your mother and grandmother are waiting for you there.”

The ancient kill joy.

“It’s my birthday today. Am I not allowed to have fun?” I asked while sipping the remaining alcohol in my glass not avoiding his eyes.

“You experienced too much fun.. even if it’s not your birthday.”  I am disgraced again. I stood up and tried to maintain my equilibrium.

I opened the door and exited without looking where I’m going and ended up falling on something.. or rather someone. I slipped because of the snow. Damn it.

She. Yes, it’s a she, pushed me- the future KING.

“Why did you push me?!!” I exclaimed. *Well, why wouldn’t she? We almost kissed. I looked deeply into her eyes. She looks fragile. Her white complexity really resembles the snow falling on her. She’s not beautiful… she maybe, but she did not pass my standards. Why am I even checking her out?* She just walks away.

That angers me.

What I did next surprised me but brought a smile to my face. I throw a snowball at her.

Seriously I respect girls, but in her case…. Well she didn’t respect me.

I gulped before shouting at her. “Didn’t you recognize me?! I am the future king”

I saw her ‘bit’ shocked expression but turned around facing me confidently.

“Then act like one.” She whispered but enough for me to hear. She then bowed and walked away leaving me jaw dropped. *Then act like one?* I thought. I’ll sentence her to death! Aissh! I angrily stormed away and went to my quarters.

As soon as I entered the room, my mother and grandmother greeted me with their smiles “Jongin” , my mother said. I bowed and sit opposite to them.

“Why am I called eomeonim? Halmeonim?” they both didn’t speak which leads me to a conclusion that that the news they wanted to tell me must be shocking. *Is father sick? Am I going to be king? …. * But then I remembered what the girl back there said.. ‘then act like one’.

My thoughts were cut off when my father entered “Jongin, you are going to be betrothed.”

“Betrothed? You mean engage? Being tied to some random girl? No way.” I quickly replied.

“Silence! If you wished to be a king then you need a queen” This is impossible.

“What now? My birthday gift is to be tied to someone I barely didn’t know? No. thanks.”

“At least look at her. I’m begging you” With that, I know I’m not going to win this. When abeonim commands then it should be and it would be obeyed.

“Where is she?” I asked coldly.

“She’s at Jibokjae” *Jibokjae? There is something like that?*

 

Jibokjae-Private Royal Library

I went to the jibokjae guided by two guards. Why? Because I don’t have any idea that this library exists. We arrived there not later than the sunset. There were lots of shelves full of books and by the end of the hall, there stood a young woman. Her back is facing me, her long silky hair was not tied like other Korean women do, it covers most of her hanb--- that Hanbok?! No, it can’t be.

“y..you?” I mumbled as she turned around and face me. The ‘act-like-one’ girl. That’s why she’s not familiar to me even though she’s in the palace.

She bows innocently and went towards me. “It’s nice meeting you, Crown Prince Jongin. I am Min Jayeong of the Min clan.” She faked a smile.

“That’s it? No sorry?” I hurriedly said. She didn’t move a muscle so I pinned her on the wall. “You are not even beautiful” I whispered to her but she really didn’t care to any words I said. I looked at her eyes. “You will never be the queen. I hate you”

“Love me or hate me Kim Jongin, both are in my favor. If you love me then I’ll always be in your heart. If you hate me then, I’ll stay in your mind”

 

 

--

Sorry for the bad english!

Merry christmas everyone \o/