Chapter Two

Unluckily Stuck With You

Chapter Two

At that day, I am totally confused. I hate you, then I love you. It's like I want to throw you off a cliff, then rush to the bottom and catch you.

 

[Jongin’s POV]

20 March 1866- Injeong Hall [Changdeok Palace]

A month had passed since the ‘marriage’ was announced to me and the public. Within that number of days, I was still not able to convince neither my father nor my mother to change my bride

“She is the perfect fit.” they said. She wasn’t, I know and I have never been so sure in my whole life. Since I have no power by now, I accepted their decision but I’ll definitely make sure that girl will not survive the palace.

 

My thoughts were cut off when I heard my father hissed “Bow! *Byungshin!Right! I was in my wedding. I totally forgot. Who would not? Even though everyone is eyeing me I still didn’t. Why would the future king bow? Plus, the little brat (“then act like one” girl) is bowing at me. I wish they could capture an image of this. I smiled still not bowing but when I caught my mother’s disappointed eye, I know I have to do this. I bowed.

 

After bowing, which is definitely not the last part of the wedding, the servants weave the red and blue threads that signify prosperity in the yin and yang, my mother lit the candles that goes off every now and then, my mother and father offered a wild geese, someone danced and played the gayageum. Lastly, the paebaek, it is an after-party.

 

She didn’t talk.

I didn’t talk.

And then I decided to piss her off.

 

“Even though they put expensive powder in your skin, you still don’t look beautiful” I smirked.

“Don’t talk to yourself.” Mwo?!

“What did you say to me?”

“Don’t talk to yourself.” she repeated.

You really have no respect for the future king” I stressed the last word.

Future.”

“You are definitely not and never will be my queen”

“It’s not you that I will serve, it’s your people

 

I was about to storm away but before I did, she said “Your highness, please do not always walk away when you are in an argument, it means only one thing, you lose.” Then I decided to stay. I will not let her win.

 

Why are you doing this to me?”

“I didn’t do anything to you. Your parents did.”

“M-my parents? Didn’t your parents plan this whole thing? So that you can be a queen?!”

“I wish they could, but even though they could, they wouldn’t let me marry someone like you.” And then I realize, my mother lit the candles alone, the one who offered the wild geese are both my parents and there was no letter reading from her family.

I’m sorry.”she raised an eyebrow

Are you really the same person who I just talked 2 minutes ago?”

Well, I .. I am normally like this…” I paused for a moment and continued “I was just acting different to you because I hate being tied down and I know you hate me too.”

“I don’t hate you Jongin, I just don’t have any reason to like you …for now”. f..for n..now?

So, what is your favorite thing your parents did to you?” I said quickly changing the topic.

Well, they used to read with me some Western books” and that’s where I first saw her smile.

We will do that”I hate reading.

 

We didn’t realize, we were having our first normal conversation and for a moment, I wasn’t the future king and she wasn’t the “then act like one” girl. It was peaceful but then…

Your highness” one of the servants called my attention.

Yes?”  We both faced her and waited for her announcement.

Prince Oh is waiting at the Hyangweonjong Pavilion” h..him? what the hell is he doing here?!

 

Hyangwonjeong Pavilion

Since I can’t leave Jayeong alone, I asked her to accompany me in the pavilion. It was 15 minutes after we got there that Sehun, my dear half brother showed. I was about to greet him when surprisingly…

Orabeoni?” 

 

--------

sorry again for the bad english

hope you'll comment (tell me what to do?), subscribe or upvote or do everything lol :DD

P.S. I'm planning to make Sehun's character here like Jung Il woo's in Moon embracing the sun. They would really hate each other here and the thing is, Sehun will be older than Kai. LIKE WHAT?