Chapter Five

Unluckily Stuck With You

 

Chapter Five

I don't regret the things I've done, I regret the things I didn't do when I had the chance

 

[Jongin’s POV]

 

“Lady Lee is carrying your first child”

“w..what did you j..just s..say?” My eyes automatically went searching for Jayeong who is now staring back at me with great sadness.

“Lady  Lee of the Yeongbo Hall is confirmed to be pregnant. Your father requests your presence in the Main Hall” I gulped. Isn’t this what I wanted? Why am I feeling weird?

I’ll be going”

“Your Highness, Lady Min’s presence is also requested”

“We will proceed there.”

 

Main Hall

As we entered the main hall, we were greeted or rather I was greeted happily by my father and grandmother. I don’t know but if I’m in Jayeong’s place, I would definitely be depressed for three reasons. First - can I leave? No you can’t, they’re going to embarrass you first. Second - why am I not able to bear a child? Oh yeah, my husband sees me once or twice a month only .Third and last , the most crucial- where are my family members who can comfort me? Oh yeah they’re dead.

And it actually happened. 

See this, Lady Min?!”  my father said pointing at Lady Lee.

 “She is bearing the heir of this kingdom. She did not embarrass us and she is the rightful queen.” “I hereby entitled this child, the crown prince”

“You can’t be sure that the child is male” She exclaimed her tears about to fall.

“Even if it isn’t, Lady Min, you can’t bear a child.” My father smirked.

 

My father and grandmother left the hall leaving me, Jayeong and Lady Lee. They were both staring at me and they were like instructing me to choose. Even though I know that of these two girls, Lady Lee would probably be more approachable, I went to Jayeong.

 

Jayeong’s Quarter

Our walk towards her quarter was great, she sobbing and I having my conscience eat me alive. STUPID JONGIN. 
“Punch me” I suddenly said and stopped beyond my tracks.

“what?” She faced me and wiped her tears.

“I said punch me, here” I closed the distance between us and formed her hand into a fist, aiming at my chest.

“why would I do that?” She withdraws her wrist but I still held it tight

“do you always have to ask me? Just punch me. Punch me hard to your heart’s content” I looked directly in her eyes. She broke the staring contest and started hitting me lightly.

She started hitting me lightly. Hit after another 

“I hate it..

I hate that I am being foolish

I hate that I thought you’d feel something when I stay away

I hate that even if you’re with someone I was still hoping

Still hoping

That I can…

 even just for a tiny bit

..

That I can make you love me.” As soon as she said those words, my body automatically hugged her tight.

“Mianhae” I whispered and she just hugged me back.

 

------

[Gangnyeongjeon (The King's Quarters)]

"What the hell did you do?" I slammed the door open and his wicked smile welcomed me. 

"Hell, son? I saved you from that witch" he stood up, walked slowly to me and chuckled a little, "you want this didn't you? Since the day you have met her." 

It struck me. This is what I wished for. This is what i suppose to want. But why am I not feeling what I expected to feel? 

"No. No. No. Lady lee and me-- we didn't- I.." I stuttered while feelings mixed all over me.

"Well from now on, you did. No one will ever know that the child she's carrying is not yours" He whispered and pat my shoulders.

"What?! And what if it's a male? You would let him be the next king?!" My eyes widen and l looked at him furiously

"If it's a male, we'll kill it and show to the public that it's just an accident..." I clenched my fist tight ready to punch his face " or better yet, accuse Jayeong of it." That’s it. I punched his face so hard I didn’t care how he was related to me.

" what? You'll accuse my wife?!" I shouted while enduring the pain in my hand. I should have thought of it before doing it. gods my hand damn hurt I’m gonna cry

"Your wife? I'm your father, will you chose her side over me who took care of you since you were a child and until now... Until now is saving you?" He wiped the blood I caused in his face

"Don't forget who you're talking to. I'm your king, she's my wife.. That makes her your queen.. And what you just did is treason."  His jaw dropped, fist tightly clenched. "I would let this one pass, just this one. But if you speak something against my wife, I’ll make sure all your titles will be removed. " I walked away leaving him at awe and angry.

 

---

Jaseondang- Crown Prince’s Quarter

The day after, Jayeong went to my quarters wearing her pale expression again.

“Your Highness” she called and bowed.

“why are you acting like this?” I looked her in the eye but only received a mischievous smile.

“I would like to ask your permission.”

“My permission? For what?” a permission?

“Since, I believe that you, your majesty is in the right age to take over the kingdom, I would like to ask your permission for your assumption of direct royal rule and the retirement of the great archduke, the current regent of Joseon, Heungseon Daewongun” she replied smartly.

“My father?” she wants me to take over my father?!

“Yes.”

“what?”

“Your father has indeed made great things possible. He did many already and you, the real king haven’t even made one.” She really wants war.

“why are you doing this?” I said appalled of the words coming out of .

.

.

.

“I love you” 

 

 

----

My english is badd TT_TT

subscribe,comment, upvote if you like. Let me know your thoughts, kill me if you don't like it. 

thanks for those who recently subscribe my story /hugs you all/ and also for those who commented /throws hearts/