Shopping

Off Stage

Tao’s POV

“Manager, I’m going to go outside and see if I can buy something.” I say to the manager.

“Yeah sure, go Tao but be careful out there. Take the back exit as well, you know how they are.” He says.

“Thank you.” I bow. I put on a hat and sunglasses so people don’t recognize me. On my way there, I spot D.O walking as well. “Are you also going out Hyung?” I ask him.

“Yeah, just keep your head down alright?” He says.

“You too.” I say and walk out the door. It’s a good thing no one knows about this exit, it’s the only way we can get in and out without being mobbed by people. I look around just in case, and then I climb the wall and hop down from it onto the deserted street. I stuff my hands in my pockets and start walking to the music store. I look across the racks of albums and see that they have the newest SNSD album; I Got a Boy. I know that I would just have to ask the manager and he would give me an album but I want to buy one myself like a normal person would. I pay for the album and then I go to the nearest sweet shop and buy gum and those sour sugar strips. On my way to the clothes store someone knocks into me and my sunglasses fall off. I scramble to put them on when a group of teenage girls start swarming me. I can feel their hands my body and the flash of their phones as they take pictures. I try pushing them out of the way and see an opening, I start running with them pursuing me. Another group of girls appear and start running to me as well with their cameras forcing me to run around the corner. I get a burst of adrenaline and I speed up and run around another corner. I look back to see if they’re still following me when I trip on something and scrape my arm on the pavement.

“Ah! Are you alright, I’m so sorry!” A familiar voice says.

“Don’t worry, it’s nothing.” I reassure them. I slowly lift my head and look at my arm; it’s covered in blood. I look at the person and my jaw drops, “Hello Tiffany-Noona.” I say. She also looks at me surprised.

“Your arm is not okay, lets go to my place to get you fixed up okay?” She says grabbing my other arm and pulling me up.

“Thank you.” I say getting my bags.

“No problem.” She smiles warmly.