Performances and Departures

Off Stage

Tao’s POV

*A Week Later

“Let’s start again, and this time don’t trip when you’re leaving Tao.” Tiffany sniggers.

“It was only once, and you did it twice so you can't talk.” I say.

“The performance is tonight so stop bickering you two.” Taeyeon rolls her eyes.

“Okay.” We both say. We start again and this time I luckily don’t trip.

“Now it’s time to practice it on the stage, full dress rehearsal.” The manager says. We all get into the van and start the journey to the stage. Slowly my eyelids grow heavy and I doze off.

“Tao, we’re here.” Someone says shaking me.

“Already?” I yawn.

“Good, he’s awake.” Sehun says. We get out of the van and I can already see girls getting out of cars and taking pictures and videos.

“They got here fast.” I say. Luhan nods as we enter the door to the stage.

“Let’s hope they don’t try to sneak in like last time.” He says.

“True.” I say.

“We’re doing a dual performance tonight right?” Sehun asks, “This and the one with the trainees.” He says.

“Yeah, the rest are coming later.” Lay says.

“Let’s get started!” Tiffany claps her hands. We all get dressed and before the guys are out the girls are already singing, I gawk at Tiffany who’s looking gorgeous in her dress.

“Close your mouth Tao.” Sehun nudges me. I quickly shut my mouth and wait until we need to enter to dance. We practice the whole thing twice until the others come in.

“See you later.” Tiffany says.

“Yeah, see you.” I say as I go to change into the other outfit.

“Hey.” Mina says.

“Hi.” I reply. We start practicing when we see the staff shoo us off the stage. “This’ll be fun.” He glares at Sehun.

“It’ll be over soon and the you can take her out for dinner or lunch tomorrow.” I reassure him.

“Yeah, I’ll do that. Thanks.” He gives me a small smile.

“No problem.” I say as we watch the first group perform from backstage.

“It’s time for us to go.” Baekhyun gets up. I also get up and the trainees meet us there.

“Ready?” Mina asks excited.

“Pretty much.” I stretch.

“Love the enthusiasm there.” Baekhyun snorts.

“Lets do this.” We go up the stairs and start. The performance goes well until the end when I almost trip but I right myself just in time.

“You have ten minutes to get ready.” Seohyun tells me, I nod and go change.

“You ready?” I ask Tiffany when I’m done.

“Yep.” She grins. She climbs the stage along with the other two girls and they start to sing, then the three of us dance onto the stage and start the routine. Fortunately when we leave the stage I don’t trip like the last few times. When they’re done Tiffany comes running down with a big smile on her face, “That was fun!” She says giving me a quick hug.

“Yes it was.” I smile back at her.

“I’ll see you later.” She says going off to Taeyeon and Seohyun.

“Let’s hope Sehun doesn’t kill Luhan.” Lay whispers to me.

“Or Baekhyun kills Sehun.” I snort.

*A Few Days Later

Luckily, Luhan and Sehun are still alive, unluckily, EXO-M are going to China for two weeks and we’ll have a tight schedule then. Tiffany doesn’t know yet but we’re leaving tomorrow so I need to tell her today. I walk over to her table and she’s reading like always.

“What are you reading this time?” I ask sitting down with a pretzel.

“Vampire Diaries, book one.” She says not looking up.

“Isn’t a series?” I ask.

“Yeah it is, we should watch it maybe tomorrow.” She smiles at me.

“Yeah about that, I have to leave tomorrow to China.” I say and her face falls.

“For how long?” She asks setting the book down.

“Two weeks.” I say.

“How will I last not watching the next part of Breaking Dawn with you.” She sighs.

“You can watch it alone, or you start watching Vampire Diaries.” I suggest.

“Yeah, I already know which brother I’m going for.” She brightens up again.

“Which one?” I ask.

“Damon!” She says.

“Oh, why?” I ask not knowing exactly what else to say.

“I have no idea, I just do.” She shrugs.

“So it’s kind of an instinct?” I ask.

“Yeah.” She nods.

“Well lets try to have some fun today.” I say.

*Next Day

 “Rise and shine Panda.” Sehun pulls my blanket off me.

“I’m up.” I jump out of bed and shoo him away I look at my watch: it’s 5:01. I get dressed and grab my suitcase. I wheel it down the hall and set it in the main entrance for the staff to pick up. “What time are we leaving?” I ask Kris.

“Thirty minutes, at most forty-five.” He looks at his watch.

“Then I guess we should get breakfast.” I go to the dining room.

“Good morning.” A familiar voice says behind me.

“I wasn’t expecting you here.” I smile at Tiffany.

“Here, you probably need this.” She holds a coke bottle in front of my face.

“Thank you, you have one of your own right?” I ask.

“Yep.” She holds it up.

“But it is too early for you though.” I frown.

“Not exactly, we’re also going to the airport.” She says as the rest of Girl’s Generation enter the room.

“Oh, so you’ll come with us to the airport?” I ask.

“It’s going to be a very big van but yes.” She nods.

“With twenty-one seats? That’s going to be a school bus then.” I laugh. We eat until Kris says that we need to leave. We go outside to see the front of the building to already have fans in front of it who squeal when they see us and start take pictures. We wave at them before piling into the bus. “When’s your comeback?” I ask Tiffany.

“We’ll have it in a couple weeks, we’re only gone a few days and when we come back, we’ll be filming.” She says.

“Make sure you sleep well.” I say.

“Same to you.” She shoves me lightly.

“Okay.” I chuckle. We get out of the bus and into the airport, we check our bags in and when it’s time to go into our terminals, “I’ll miss you.” I say quietly.

“I’ll miss you too.” She replies.

Tiffany’s POV

“I’ll miss you.” Tao says quietly.

“I’ll miss you too.” I reply looking up at him. Slowly he starts to lean in, his eyes closed. I close mine as well when I hear a shout.

“C’mon Tao! We’ll be late for our plane because of you!” Chen yells. Tao pulls away after giving my cheek a quick kiss before walking away.

“See you in two weeks, Shroom!” He grins waving. When he reaches Chen he hits him lightly on the head after saying something.

"What was that about?" Taeyeon asks. 

"No idea." I say as I watch Tao walk further and further away.

Here's the link for their performance! :D 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q201GEPYGR8