Open Door

Off Stage

Tao’s POV

I finish practice and say goodbye to the members.

“You really like her don’t you Tao?” Baekhyun asks.

“Yeah I do.” I smile slightly at him.

“Don’t ever let her go though, if you do, well, you have the next fan boy right here.” He teases spreading his arms.

“You have eight other members Bacon.” I laugh slightly. Then I walk out the building and hurry down the road. I think back to last week as she asked me about the fans and I had lied. I still feel really bad about it but she can't know what’s happening. Still in deep thought I accidently run into a post, thankfully I didn’t hit my nose, just my shoulder.

“Damn.” I whisper massaging it slightly. Now, this time actually watching where I’m going, I get to her place in no time. I reach for the spare keys but as I do that I realize that the door ajar. She must’ve accidentally left it open from when she came in today I think to myself, but then I hear an agonized scream that definitely belongs to Tiffany. I charge in and see that’s it’s dark. I can make out faint silhouettes, by the form I can see one is Tiffany so I use my martial arts kick and get the person right in the chest. I hear a grunt and a thump as they land on the floor. I find a light switch and flip it, I look at Tiffany’s limp form bleeding slightly, her clothes torn. Furiously I kick him in the stomach getting another grunt, louder this time. I grab him by the shirt and punch him in the jaw and he falls to the ground. He grabs a switchblade but I yank it out of his hands by the blade cutting my hand. "Don't even think about it." I kick him in the chest again, harder this time and I hear a small crack. “Don’t ever think of coming here again, if you do, I’ll do much worse.” I take a step forward and kneel down next to him and raise my fist for another punch when Tiffany whimpers, that sound snaps me back to reality and my head turns to her. Then I fly backwards and the man flees. I take a step towards Tiffany but she flinches, I draw back quickly. I shouldn’t have taken so long... “I-I could’ve stopped this.” I accidentally say out loud. I look to see if she has any cuts somewhere but I don’t find any. Then I get the warmest blanket I can find and gently drape it over her, not getting too close. “Tiffany?” I say; I don’t get an answer but she huddles into a protective ball in the blanket. I don’t dare come closer, instead I sit down and watch her. “Please, at least go to the bed.” I beg. She obeys and silently goes and lies down on her bed, I look down at my hand and sigh as I get the first-aid kit out to bandage my hand. When I’m done I drag a chair in front of the door and stay there to see if she gets any bad dreams or something like that. In thirty minutes, she starts to whimper. I stand up quickly and go to her, I raise my hand and gently I caress her cheek. Slowly she relaxes and is silent again. I look back to where it happened, there is some blood and clothes shreds. I get up and clean it up trying not to think of what he had done to her. As I sit on the chair I begin to nod off, I force myself to keep my eyes open but fatigue wins and I drift off to sleep.