Jeon Jungkook

Good Day

"Noona ... I can't. It's too hard."

She looked up from her book, sighing at the boy. "Try again." He crossed his arms and shook his head. "I'm tired. Can't we stop working for today?"

She raised an eyebrow. "I'm paid to be your tutor, Jungkook. Not your personal trainer in laziness. Now try again."

"Then explain it again."

She gasped in bewilderment. "You-- I just explained it to you three times! Are you kidding me?"

The boy pouted. "Please. Just one more time."

She rolled her eyes and put her book on the bed before rising up. She came closer to the boy and placed herself near him. Her elbows were reposing on the table while her chin was in her hands. She looked at the opened book. "Okay. What didn't you understand?" she asked. The boy pointed to a random part. "This..."

She bit her tongue, forcing herself to not say anything. She honestly began to ask herself if he didn't do that on purpose. She took a deep breath before explaining everything again, gesturing at some times. "Now" she said when finished. "Do you understand?"

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and turned head to the boy. That's when she noticed how close they were from each other. Their eyes met for the time he whispered. "I think I did this time."

She cleared her throath, taking a step back. "Good." She put on a stern face and went back to the bed. She tried to hide behind her book, but it was harder to concentrate.

It had been already six months she was Jungkook's tutor. Apparently, the boy needed some help and for some reason she was some kind of friend of a friend of a friend his parents knew and a mysterious someone once mentioned her. He was still in high school, while she was at university. Sometimes she found it really tiring, especially when she felt the boy never paid attention to her explanations. But it wasn't that bad since she had to say it was well paid. And the boy was a total sweetheart. He didn't whine when he had to work, almost never complained.

"Noonaaaa I really can't!"

Almost.

She heaved a sigh. "Do you want to stop?" He suddenly seemed happier. "Yes!" then scrunched up his nose. "I mean, no... Will you go if we stop here?"

She looked at him funny. "Of course Jungkook. I still have many other things to do." He pouted and closed his book. "I got it, you don't have time for your favorite student."

She raised an eyebrow. "You are my only student."

His face broke into a huge smile. "So I am your favorite student ever."

She only smiled back and patted his hair. "I have to go now. Don't forget to tell me how your exam went. And you better not fail it or else I will ask someone less indulgent to tutor you."

"You wouldn't dare."

"Watch me."

He then crossed his arms and huffed. "Fine."


---


She received a message from him three days after.

Who is the best in the world? I made it noona, you can't refuse me anything now.

She suddenly had a huge smile. Her friend sitting in front of her, took a sip of her coffee and looked at her with an eyebrow raised. "What's with this face?" She looked at the girl with shining eyes. "He made it!"

"Am I supposed to guess who is he? Wait don't tell me. For you to talk about him with that expression, it must be that little student of yours."

"He is not that little. He is only two years younger than us." Her friend snickered. "He is still in high school."

"He's in his last year. Wait- do you have any problem with him?" The girl looked over her cup. "Darling, I'm not the one who has a problem with him."


---


Do I have any problem with him? She was lost in thoughts while a certain boy was busy spinning on his chair. She watched him inconsciously until he noticed. He blinked and suddenly said. "You are staring noona." Then he put on a smug face and added. "Am I that handsome?" She looked up to him this time conscious, only to scoff. "Little boys aren't handsome."

A cushion hit her face by surprise. "I'm not little!" She gasped and took the flying cushion in her hands. "This is a war declaration Jeon Jungkook!" She threw the cushion in his direction but he easily dodged it. "If I'm little, then you are old." he said and stuck out his tongue at her. "I swear you really wanna fight with me."

After cushion fighting for a while the boy suddenly came closer to her. Somehow she found herself lying on the bed. And Jungkook was on top of her. "Seriously noona. I'm not little. Do you want me to prove it?" he brought his face closer. She felt scared. She already knew what he was going to do.

"Don't." she whispered. The boy furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?" he asked on the same tone.

It wasn't that she followed the 'student-teacher' rule. Heck, she wasn't even a teacher or anything like that, she wasn't even that old. It wasn't a matter of age.
It was just a sudden feeling of fear. She couldn't explain why she was scared. Maybe she was scared about how a boy could totally control her. "Didn't I tell you, you can't refuse me anything since I got the exam entirely right?"

She took a concerned look. "But I've never agreed on this." He didn't stop though. His lips were about to touch hers.

"Do you know how long I've waited for this?"

She titled her head, then smirked. "Now... are you dreaming of me naughty boy?"

He stepped back with a flustered expression. "What- No! I don't-" She laughed and pushed his forehead. He landed on his back, next to her. "Ow! You are mean." She rose up from the bed and quickly packed her things. "I'm not mean, I'm late."

"It's more that you don't want to talk to me."

She looked at him. "Wrong. I think everything is clear." She threw her bag over her shoulder and exited the room without a glance. Maybe she didn't want to face the situation. Not yet.


---


"Do you want me to explain once again?" she sighed. He had a cheeky smile. "I want to hear again your beautiful voice." She was left speechless for a second before replying. "Do you really think you are going to get me like this?"

This time she was the one who came closer. He stared at her, not even breathing. "It doesn't work?" he hesitantly asked. "Not really. I can give you an advice though. Finish your homework." She scrunched up her nose with a sly smile. "Maybe it will work." He bit his lip to refrain himself from talking. He took a fake upset expression. "You are the meanest tutor ever."

She ruffled his hair. "But you love me anyways." 

He had already his nose in his book but she still heard him.

"Of course I do."


---


"You didn't have to take me back to home."

"Are you kidding me? It's late, it's dark, and I'm a gentleman."

She hid a smile. They were walking next to each other, in a comfortable silence. "Do you think I can take you to the cinema one day?" She turned her head to him. "I don't think it's a good idea."

"Why are you so scared noona?" he asked with a cunning glint in his eyes. "It's only a movie."

She faked a gasp. "Did you just made fun of me Jeon Jungkook?" He laughed. "Maybe?" She raised her arm like she wanted to hit him, but the boy swiftly passed under her arm and pointed to the door of her house with an innocent face. "We're arrived noona."

"You sure know how to choose your moments" she muttered. He shrugged. "What can I say?"

"Please shut up. Go back home or else your mum will be worried." He did a salute gesture with his hand and smiled. "Can I get a goodnight kiss? To give me courage."

She raised an eyebrow. "Are you kidding me? Go away kiddo."

He pouted. Then he suddenly looked up to her with serious eyes, which was pretty rare. "No but seriously noona. You keep on letting me go on, you never rejected me. So it does mean I have a chance right? You know, I've already known you from high school. I've seen you before, you were in your last year. I'm in love since this year. That's why I asked for you to be my tutor. It's pretty stupid, isn't it? I'm just a little kid while you are already mature and working and all..." He had a bitter smile.

He began to walk away. She closed her eyes and facepalmed. She was so stupid. She suddenly took his arm and made him turn around. She didn't think twice and crushed her lips on the boy's. She felt him freeze. She doubted herself for a second, but then he put his hand on her neck and wasted no time to kiss the girl back. He even passed his other hand around her waist bringing her closer.

She wasn't scared anymore. The boy slowly parted, breathless. "Woaw..." he murmured. She bit her lips trying not to laugh. "Really Jungkook? Is that the only thing you can say?" He avoided her gaze, looking suddenly so shy. "I'm sorry.... I didn't- I totally didn't expect it and I just-"

She chuckled and came closer to him. She fixed the folds of his jacket and looked up.

"For a 'not' little kid, you are cute."