Nothing Stands In Sehun's Way

♥♥♥ I Fell In Love With Oh Sehun, My Personal Bodyguard ♥♥♥

Nothing Stands In Sehun's Way

 

[Your POV]

I smell trouble.

You needn’t be an expert to know that smell, the uprising of fear, the stench of hatred. But it was there.

It took only one unconscious whiff of the air to make me jolt awake and shoot up from the wrinkled blankets sprawled along the floor.

I met the sudden darkness of the room after awakening from my colourful vivid dream, and struggled to adjust to the pitch-blackness. Apart from the eerie glow of the moonlight which illuminated the room from the tall glass windows, there were no other light in sight. It was completely dark.

"Haewon?" I called out immediately as that was the first name which came to mind. I turned around to find my best friend still sound asleep in her warm and comfy bed, frilly pink sleeping masks covering her eyes as though to say 'Don't disturb my beauty sleep'.

Carefully stepping over the borrowed blankets and pillows she provided me for one night, I hurry to the edge of her bed, pulling the mask off and over her forehead.

Her closed eyes automatically squeezed shut tighter as it met the colder air in her room.

"Haewon!" I cried and shook her shoulders, thanking God that she wasn't a deep sleeper.

"What's the matter, Eun Mi?" She tiredly mumbled and managed to wriggle out of my hands and pull the sleep mask over her eyes again. "Can't you get some sleep, already..?"

"Don't you smell it?!" I asked, horrified.

"What..?"

"We have to get outside, Haewon! We'll die if we stay in here!"

Maybe it was the sternness in my voice or the outburst of fear I shook her with, but that got her jolting awake. I grasped her hand in mine and helped her get out of the warmth of her bed.

"Eun Mi, I've never seen you this freaked out before." She stated as if that would help with anything.

I yanked her away from her bedroom and rushed towards the door. Feeling the golden door knob to check whether it was hot or still cold, I sighed in relief as I wasted no time to open it.

"We have to go, Haewon! Let's hurry!"

I began pelting towards the end of the corridor outside her bedroom and heard her running after me.

A long narrow rectangle of electric blue light crept onto the wooden floorboards of the upcoming hallway, the moon seeping into the house through the massive panes of polished glass windows.

"But you haven’t told me the situation yet." She cluelessly asked, following behind me as if I was giving her a tour of her own house. "What's the sudden emergency?"

"FIRE!" I turned around to face her tired state and screamed the word like it was the end of the world. In some cases, it might be.

Haewon, that usually serene and relaxed best friend of mine, almost jumped as my yell echoed across the hall. She transformed from sleepiness to shock in less than a split second, all her training of rescue and aid taught at school coming back to bite her.

She grabbed forth my arm and dragged me around a corner (her huge house was like a freakin maze, may I add) and we ran as fast as we could to the nearest exit.

Black fumes of smoke – not that it could be seen in the darkness – rolled into the air and filled up our nostrils.

Haewon was the first to wildly choke, and immediately I knew we were running the wrong way.

 

 

[Sehun's POV]

That blimmin house was on fire.

I watched the mansion from afar in a cozy little room of a 'watchtower' about a quarter of a mile away from the girl we would be soon hired to protect.

Choi Eun Mi, that was her name.

The voting results had already come out and it was known by every official in the Korean government security organisation that Choi Yoon Sung had won the election... but it wasn’t to be known by the media or general public until the next week.

Aaaand that was tomorrow.

I gawped at the horrific scene from the small double windows which had no curtains or blinds.

At first, a ball of greyish-black smoke rose from one corner of the house. I didn't think it was anything worth noting about, it could have just been smoke arising from a chimney or something.

Then the facts kicked in. Eun Mi's best friend's mansion – though it had several 'fireplaces' I remembered seeing on the blueprint – had no real chimney.

If it wasn't a chimney, then.....

"Suho hyung." I spoke in the awkward silence, a patch of frosty condensed air forming on the glass window where my warm breath had just touched.

"Mmph.." he mumbled.

I spun around to see him lying in his bed, head turned away from the window with ears immersed in the music he was listening to. Only one of his earphones was plugged in.

His blanket had been tussled and turned so that I could only see half of his body, which slowly rose and fell in rhythm with his deep but quiet breaths.

I looked over my shoulder at the mansion again, across the many acres of grassland which separated it from a watchtower we had been staying in for a few days.

"Yes, Sehun?" His lulled voice caught my attention again. I gulped as I thought I had seen the first wicks of a flame inside there.

"You.. there's a... in Haewon's... a... a f-fi..."

He rose up from his bed, unwillingly, and walked over to mine which hadn't been touched all night.

"If this is about the field training incident, don't think about it." A hand slapped more harder than intended on my shoulder. He subconsciously smiled at me with sleepy brown eyes, so close to falling asleep.

"But there's a—"

"You know you can't start the official bodyguard work until you've reached eighteen."

Suho pushed me down onto the bed with his strong firm hand on my shoulder until I sat on its edge without much choice. My eyes widened at his sudden unexpected action.

I could've done so many tricks of all the martial arts I had learned within three years of training, but I don't do any because he's my hyung. So I let him force me into a seated position.

Not a second later after I had been sat down did he place his palm on my forehead, pushing my head with a strong but gentle force until I fell backwards onto the bed with a soft thump. "Now sleep."

Suho tiredly walked back to his charging station and fell asleep instantly as soon as he had crashed into it again.

Wow, talk about tired..

I counted up to thirty seconds in my head, waiting for that definite sign of snoring which would tell me he's now fully and properly asleep.

As soon as he left for Dream World, I straightened back up and quickly sprang up from my bed again.

This was so unfair, it was. The whole of EXO was going to meet Eun Mi tomorrow evening and be officially hired to protect her as bodyguards after the election ceremony (even though it was already known who had won in a week's advance).

All except me.

Just because I was the youngest and wasn't old enough.

Well. I'll show them...

I looked back outside the window. Scorching red flames of fire had been growing from one corner of the pretty house, and within approximately fifteen minutes, it would have devoured the entire mansion!

Hadn't anyone noticed it yet?? I'm pretty some watchdog or security guard must have..

I didn't know what sort of emotion I felt right then but my bodyguard radar had been definitely set off.

Without thinking, I quietly tiptoed to Suho's bed. Yup, he was still asleep alright, so I hurried to our bedroom door without making a single noise.

I looked back once again, at my bed, his bed, Suho on his bed, and then through the window again. If I'm not mistaken, a fire had most certainly started.

And then I left.

Call me crazy but I had no idea of what I was doing. My legs sprinted with full speed without me even thinking about it, and soon I had found myself meeting a rush of the bitter cold night's air.

I wasn't training to be a bodyguard for nothing, you know.

We had a purpose: to prevent, to protect and to save.

And that was exactly what I was going to do.

 

 

A/N: sorry for short chapter but I hope it serves OK as an introduction... Thank you super duper much to my first subscribers and anyone else who have read this. ^o^  I hope you enjoyed 1st chapter and next will hopefully come soon! XD

~Please comment and subscribe, thank you! :33