'Back To School'

♥♥♥ I Fell In Love With Oh Sehun, My Personal Bodyguard ♥♥♥

Back To School

 

[Eun Mi's POV]

 

I wasn't used to having all eyes on me --not that I was in the spotlight anyway-- but Oh Sehun seemed to have no problem with it.

 

"Enough now, class" the grumpy teacher clapped his hands and hopelessly tried to make every student focus on his lesson. It never worked. Everyone, and I mean everyone, was staring at Sehun.

 

And he sure did enjoy it..

 

"I'm aware of the new individual in our classroom but this is no acception to be distracted. He is merely just a bodyguard... Now everyone please FACE THE FRONT!"

 

All attention was returned to the ignored teacher but that didn't stop people from taking a peak every once in a while.

 

Due to the new safety regulations and precautions to any security threat, I had no choice but to sit at the very back of every classroom. For every period.

 

Sehun stood ordeally in a professional bodyguard manner; back completely straight with one palm resting over the other at the front. His face was stern and body steady. He had a poker face.

 

"This is so embarassing..!" I whispered to myself and hid my face in my hands.

 

It was enough having a father for Vice President, a man so busy that he often forgets to come home, and having a new herd of bodyguards popping into my life made it no better.

 

Sehun had every girl's heads turning. And he didn't even have to try.

 

There were waves of giggling and whispering rippling throughout the classroom. Girls were swooning over him like chocolates and baby bunnies. The boys on the other hand, shot glares at him every now and then, murmuring to each other just as much as the girls whispered in excitement.

 

All except for me.

 

This was beginning to feel like a hell and the room felt hotter and hotter as the seconds ticked by. I was as embarassed as ever.

 

"Shouldn't your attention be at the front, Eun Mi?" Sehun asked in a tone so low and quiet, I was perhaps the only one to have heard him. "Or are you too busy thinking about me..?"

 

My hands fell from my face to the table and I intensely glared at Sehun for the first time that day. I narrowed my eyes, feeling anger rise inside me.

 

I should just ignore him. He's only a bodyguard. Nothing more.

 

Deciding that blanking him was the best option I could go for, I ignored his stupid comment and turned to face the front.

 

"..And what might the answer be.. Ah, Haewon!"

 

The teacher received no response from her.

 

I gazed at my best friend sitting somewhere at the front of the classroom, closest to the window side. She too was the only girl to have not stared at Sehun like he was the last boy among us on Earth.

 

In fact, it seemed as though she wasn't looking at anything. Her head was grappled in her hands as if she had a big headache.

 

What was wrong with Haewon??

 

[Flashback]

 

I knew Tao was an acceptional young bodyguard, because he certainly looks the deal.. and he always boasts about his 'magnificent' strength and power.

 

But I didn't think he could drive.

 

"Yah, Tao!" Kai rotated in his seat to lightly smack the back of his brother's head. "Please slow down, will you? You're driving speed is over the limit!"

 

"Too scared that you'll fall to the floor..?" Tao chuckled and hit the accelerator even harder. The car sped up to his command. "Then you should fasten your seat belt."

 

"My seat belt is already on!!" Kai argued back, staring back out of his window with eyes so menacing it could melt the glass.

 

I was being driven to school by four of Exo's team, Kai, Chanyeol, Tao and Chen; excluding Sehun because I'm trying my hardest to pretend he's not here.

 

"I'm sorry but you really are going too fast" Chen chipped in and earned a more serene expression from Kai.

 

Sehun casually leaned back in his seat and rested his chin on his palm. "We can't afford to be late, guys. Eun Mi's going to get a detention.."

 

"Thank you, Sehun" Tao mummbled and continued driving hysterically, ignoring the other's pleads to slow down.

 

And to be precise, the vehicle was travelling at nearly 60 mph. That's like a racing car at its slowest compared to a horse cart.

 

"Will you be okay returning to school, Eun Mi?" Kai pondered thoughtfully as we neared closer to the building, showing a warm-hearted smile. I smiled in return, thanking God there was at least one normal person inside the car with me.

 

I opened my mouth, prepared to give a polite answer in return, only to be interrupted by Chanyeol. "It's only been like, a WEEK. It's not as if her classmates would have forgotten about her."

 

"Your name is not Eun Mi."

 

What's with Kai today..? It seems like everyone is picking on him..

 

"Wow, sorry." Chanyeol raised a hand and said in an unbothered manner.

 

The car suddenly jolted to an abrupt stop and if it weren't for our safety belts like Tao had suggested, we would have most certainly fallen to the floor.

 

"Alright kids, time for school..!" Chen chirped. He took Sehun by surprise by ing him out of the car until the youngest bodyguard almost tripped over himself on the pavements.

 

"Hey, that was mean!" Sehun cried as the others and I also emmerged from the car, slow and peacefully. Tao stayed in the car.

 

"Sorry, but I couldn't help it!"

 

Sehun adjusted his tie --poor guy is always trampled on by his brothers-- and gazed at the beautiful, enchanting scenery around the school.

 

His lips slightly parted as if he were amazed. The other three also seemed to behave that way.

 

"Woah.. Eun Mi! Your school is like a palace!!" they chorused with their jaws dropped in awe.

 

"It's just a school, guys" I hung my backpack over one shoulder, rolling my eyes at their admiration for a BUILDING. "And that's only the outside.."

 

"We know, but still.." Chanyeol aknowledged. He led the pack by walking in front, with Kai and Chen behind. Sehun was the only 'privalledged' one to be walking right beside me. "You seem not to like it??"

 

"I love my school, it's just that--"

 

Our conversation was suddenly disturbed and cut short when a very long scream followed our path.

 

We all spun around to witness the owner of the scream, who ran towards us at such high speed that they were almost a blur. It was Haewon, sprinting from the end of the street until she eventually reached us near the gates.

 

Yes. She's someone who'd run that far and scream at the same time.

 

"Cha Haewon..?" I gasped under my breath. She literally hurled at me like I'm a long-lost sibling of hers.

 

"Eun Mi! I can't believe you're ALIVE!!" she cried with an unreasonably squishy hug so tight that I thought I might suffocate. "HOW CAN YOU STILL BE ALIVE?!?!"

 

"Umm.. that's a question I'll never get a chance to answer, since I'm kinda like dying here!"

 

My best friend loosened her overly tight embrace but nevertheless, she still held onto me. "I thought I'd never see you again.."

 

"Same here!" Haewon's eyes glistened in the tears which had threatened to fall. I felt a few tear drops leaking down my cheeks too. Unexpectedly bumping into her (well, she ran into me, more like) gave me a fright.

 

"It was so dark, and then we were running.. and got trapped.. the smoke... Oh my God, I thought I lost you..!!"

 

She wrapped my hands in her own, eyes b with silent tears. "What happened to you? Did you even know that you were saved by a--"

 

Haewon abruptly stopped having noticed that Exo's attention were on us. She stared at Sehun standing close next to me, and their eyes were locked onto each other's for a few seconds.

 

Everything was still and silent, nobody spoke a word or did a thing, that's until she shyly looked down. And bowed her head slightly.

 

Did they know each other from somewhere?? Was she showing respect..? And if so, what for? Was that even a bow??

 

"Eun Mi" Chen broke the silence and signalled for us to continue walking. "You're going to be late. Let's go."

 

I was pulled apart from my best friend and dragged inside the building with no choice but to leave her behind.

 

 

A/N: I am really sorry for the month-long update so I hope this longer chapter will make up for it. :T  And thank you for reading up to this far. 안녕!