There Were 12

♥♥♥ I Fell In Love With Oh Sehun, My Personal Bodyguard ♥♥♥

There Were 12

[Eun Mi's POV] 

They say that a Korean kid on average spends more than two thousand hours at school in their whole lifetime-- I know! 

Not attending today, I felt pretty bored. I missed chatting with friends, doodling in class, exchanging notes during lessons and all sorts. 

The floors were polished clean to the standard by which I could literally see my reflection as clear as a mirror. I sat at the top of the grand stairs, nearly one hundred steps above from the front lobby and waited for that massive doorbell to ring. My legs were dangling off the first shiny-marble steps. 

The house was pretty much empty but for me. Several maids and manservants floated around but nevertheless remained silent as they continued with their hardworking duties. 

"I'm such a bad daughter" I sighed and slumped my shoulders. "I should have been there for my father.."

Just as I was wondering about him, the huge doors flung right open and in walked six scary men whom I didn't want to know. 

They were to be Choi Yoon Sung's permanent bodyguards as of now. Follow him everywhere. Keeping him alive. 

Trailing behind the muscly bulky men, a tired yet healthy man in a white chiffon shirt and trendy blue tie came walking in. His face perked up with pride and happiness as he noticed me. 

"Eun Mi?"

"Dad!" I didn't hesitate to jump onto my feet and sprint down the long wide staircase into his arms. 

His new bodyguards slightly shuffled out of the way, letting father and daughter embrace each other with missed love and care. 

"Hey, what's up, my sweetness?" He slowly pulled ourselves apart and held me across at an arm's length, palms gripping my shoulders. He smiled again and my head with his hands, then pinching my cheeks lightly which I did not mind. 

"Congratulations, Dad!" I ignored his usual greeting and squealed excitedly. "You were awesome on stage, I'm so happy for you! You looked great on TV."

My father's face slightly fell as I mentioned the last part. 

He knew I wasn't able to make it to the ceremony, before, during or afterwards. I was in the hospital alllll day.. answering questions, getting hourly checkups and being fed through an IV drip. 

Apparently, I haven't been doing so well after last night's crazy events. 

But look, I'm still alive! I just can't help but figure out how, though.. 

"Please forgive your father for letting this ever happen to you" he trailed off sadly. 

I gently placed a palm on his shoulder too, the same way he did to me and shrugged. "Don't worry so much about it. Haewon's family is rich, they'd be moving into a new house in no time."

"I'm not concerned with the damaged property or loss of possessions. What's more important to me is that both of you girls are safe." 

I snuggled into my father's arms again while he hugged me tight, as if not willing to let me go. 

"...Which is why you've now a squad of a dozen bodyguards of your own." 

What the hell. 

"W-what are you saying?" My voice quietened down as I questioned in deep confusion. 

Was I hearing him correctly? Did I just hear what I think he said? 

My father laid a hand behind my head and embraced me furthermore. Maybe he was more disturbed about the tragic fire calamity than I had thought. 

Head lifting up from his shoulders, I knew something was not right. 

Well, it certainly didn't feel right. 

Because as I looked up from the ground and stared at the unexpected surprise behind him, eleven young boys stared back at me, drop-dead gorgeous and incredibly manly in black suits and tie. 

"Abeoji.. who are they?" 


[Sehun's POV] 

I was still shocked from what I had been told. 

"Are you for sure?" I asked for maybe the thousandth time that day, my heart picking up pace at the thought of seeing Eun Mi again. "I'm really going to be a bodyguard?!" 

"A personal bodyguard" the eccentric man sitting opposite of me muttered with annoyance hanging off his voice. Who could blame him for feeling that way with a thrilled teenager in his way? 

A wide grin formed on my face as I leaned my head against the car's interior, watching the tall modern buildings pass by one after the other. My excitement increased with every one, knowing we were getting closer and closer. 

"Maybe this is some sort of dream.." I thought aloud. 

"Hell yeah, I wish it was. I can't see how Boss ever imagined of recruiting you."

"Yah!" I lifted my head and gestured with my head. "Just keep driving, you're paid to get me there quick!"

The male driver, age unknown and a people's carrier for our protection agency, squeezed his grip on the steering wheel. "You want me to turn this around and drive all the way back?" he asked threateningly. 

"NO."

"Then you'd better shut up before I chuck you out the window." 

The remains of the ride was exceptionally quiet and I kept an eye out for traffic and possible diversion routes. It was nearing the end of the day and soon the dark blankets of the night would cover the city. 

Eventually, the car braked at the front of a very large mansion whom I guessed belonged to the new Vice President. Pretty and white and elegant it was, the corners of my lips slightly curved upwards. 

This is it. 

"You're destination." The driver I knew too well dully informed. "Now get out and SCRAM!"

I leaped out of the car and thanked him with great appreciation, not forgetting to bow respectfully and bid him a safe drive back. "See you!"

"Maybe not.." he changed the gears, gazing at me one last time before driving off. "Listen kid, don't die." 

I stood my ground and watched the car disappear into the trees again, then turning to meet two uniformed men approaching me. 

The check-point guards. I was told that I would meet them and be led into the house. 

"Oh Sehun, was it?" one of them checked and confirmed over his communication ear device as the little pebble stones crunched under their shoes. 

"Yes.. Please follow us." 


[Eun Mi's POV] 

"You can't be serious." I stated, feeling unsure and certainly unprepared. This was more shocking than the time my father hired a crazy circus for my sixth birthday. 

I now felt like the clown. My life would slim to nothing. 

"I'm afraid you have little choice, Eun Mi.." he sighed and straightened up. The bodyguards of his own stayed professional and stiff-frozen like statues the entire time. 

"B-but.. don't I get a say in this, first?" I panicked. "I mean.. they're all.. all.. b-boys."

My father lightly shook his head and collected the black leather briefcase by his feet. "Bodyguards are there for a reason, not for child's play."

He leaned in closer and cautiously whispered "I know these guys very well.. They are the best of the best." 

Yeah. Maybe the best for only robbing girls' hearts! 

Without reasonable explanation or chance to argue in myself, he adjusted his tie with one hand and beckoned his guards to follow him out of the house. 

"Well. Time has come and I must be leaving—"

"Already?! But you only just came!!" I cut him off and clung onto his waist dearly like a koala bear to its mother. 

He sighed in remorse, perhaps regretting that he came here to assign eleven boys to babysit me. And I'm not the baby!

"I'm sorry, my princess. But this is all for your good."

All for your good. Yes, he said that many times including sending me to the lamest school ever. 

"I'm forever in your debts.." My father turned to my new 'bodyguards' and shook hands with each of them in turn. "Please take care of my daughter. I wish you all good luck." 

The boys all bowed together in unison as my father left the house without even looking back at me. Maybe it was because he'd bawl up in sadness or tears, or something. 

Crossing my arms, I pouted watching my father leave the mansion. The doors were shut by two servants and now I was all alone with a house full of boys. 

Where did all my rights go?

"So you're Eun Mi, huh?" one of them started with a smile so breathtaking, I could run to my room and cry forever. 

I subconsciously gulped as I warily stared at the pretty boys. 

Maybe this was all a joke. Or a prank. These guys are way too young, there's no way they can be my hired to protect me as bodyguards. 

And the eldest couldn't have been more than twenty! 

Before I could mention anything, another herd of footsteps caught my attention and I rotated the other way to find three more males coming forth, one of whom I've never seen before. 

Just like the other boys, he was also extremely  young. Maybe my age— and very, very good-looking..

"Sehun?!" They gasped with as much shock as I felt. So that's his name.. "What the heck?! What are you even doing here?" 

The check-point guys who brought him here tapped his shoulder and whispered something into his ear. 

'Sehun' slowly nodded whilst the man exchanged secrets, giving the tiniest of winks at me. It was unnoticeable unless you were standing close. 

They soon left him and now I was left in the hands of eleven gorgeous men—

Oh. Make that twelve. 

"Miss me?" Sehun asked his brotherhood in a voice deeper than I thought it would sound. He took a step closer and smirked at me. 

Please, God help…