Seeking Assistance

♥♥♥ I Fell In Love With Oh Sehun, My Personal Bodyguard ♥♥♥

Seeking Assistance

[Eun Mi's POV]

I've never so much than read a book in the school library, perhaps listened to music or play computer games at the most. 

And I didn't think I'd have ever built a structure out of books either if it weren't for the boys suggesting a contest to kill time. 

It started out with a complex house of cards, but with the frustration of having to rebuild it again and again, Chanyeol thought it was better to use books instead..

And now he was against that idea too.

"How is that possible?" Chanyeol gawped at the tall building Kai and I had constructed together out of many hardback books. "You cheated." 

"Did not!" Kai protested on our behalf. 

"You can't have progressed so fast.." he wondered, making a face as he examined the tower of books which rose faster than his and Sehun's. 

"I am magical." Kai said matter-of-factly as he carefully balanced a new book on our advancing tower. "Of course I can."

"And then it went BANG!" Chen suddenly slammed his palms on the table, sending a wave of energy at the two competing structures that they eventually collapsed into themselves.  

"CHEN!!" we all cried, jaws dropped at the havoc and mass mess he now created. 

"What?" he innocently shrugged his shoulders.

There was a little glint in Chanyeol's eyes as he glared at him with screwed lips. "You ruined my house!"

"OUR house" Sehun reminded him of their partnership. 

"And so much effort for nothing.." I sighed and fell back in my chair. Kai, Sehun and Chanyeol also followed after. 

"You are all a big fat headache" Tao muttered as he continued eating his noodles alone. ~~He looked very handsome while he ate, by the way~ 

"Well, you can just sit there and eat all you like!" Chanyeol bickered. 

"Thanks. I will" Tao returned to his food. 

"Let's just return these to their shelves.." Kai sighed and picked up a few books scattered around on the floor. "Lunch break is almost over, anyway."

The four of us who competed in the contest quietly moaned, having relished the excitement we had before Chen stopped the fun. 

Well, I guess he had it at the right timing anyway, since classes were to begin soon too. 

"That was sort of fun.." Sehun had a killer-cute smile that he probably didn't even know he was doing, but nevertheless was as adorable when he did. 

"..If we weren't scolded at by the librarian every ten minutes."

Sehun and I returned the thick-spined ancient volumes back to their collections, a few bookshelves away from the rest of the boys. 

"Yeah. And we wouldn't be here at all if she found out we were eating!"

He rolled his eyes and unnecessarily commented "don't mention that again... and Tao's 'cooking' skills still needs amending."

"Ooh" I trailed off with an image of the named boy cooking a meal for his hyungs. 

He knows how to cook as well as drive?! "Impressive.."

Sehun's forehead creased minimally as he wondered what on Earth I was talking about, that's until he finally realised I was complimenting Tao's awesomeness. 

"Not so impressive when it was Suho he asked to prepare the food for him at the most part!" he shared. 

"Well, it was still just as good" I advocated in support. 

"Hm" he quietly huffed to himself. 

Sehun still had another two or so books to place back onto the shelves, and I watched him interestingly, smirking at his childish pout. 

"I think you're just jealous" I teased while he crouched down to a lower shelf. 

"I'm not jealous" he defended himself and shoved in the last few books more harder than it was necassary. 

"Then I suppose you can cook??" 

Sehun dusted his palms and rose to his feet once again. "Yeah. I can. And even better."

 

[D.O's POV] 

"D.O, I need your help."

It is rather saddening having to know that some people only remember you when they are in need. Like Sehun, right now. 

"Besides asking you to leave, I can't help you with anything" I half-heartedly said and dropped onto a cushioned sofa, unlocking the password to my phone.

The mystical glowing radiance of the moon and the twinkling shine of the stars disappeared behind the curtains which he drew without my permission. 

"Please. It's to do with cooking" he ignored my indirect request to leave. 

Shouldn't he be watching Eun Mi in her bedroom, right now, or wherever she is?

"Then go and ask Suho" I kindly denied, without asking him the reason. "He's great at it."

"And so are you!" Sehun stated the obvious. Well duh, I'm fantastic. 

"You didn't think that the last time we were at that forest excursion and said you'd rather eat grass than my pork-belly soup."

"Oh yeah. That was horrible. I almost threw up just thinking about it" he straightforwardly admitted, completely forgotten about his compliment just seconds earlier. 

Some people really do know how to make my day. 

"Oh, these books I must finish reading!" It was my turn to ignore him now, so I randomly felt a heavy leather-bound volume atop the side table, swiped it off the surface and began reading at any page I opened it to. "How could I forget.."

"Okay, I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Sehun switched to the usual pleading mode, begging as if I cared. "It was incredible!"

I sighed and flipped a page, acting as if he were invisible. It works with every member of Exo. "Get lost, Sehun."

I didn't need to look at a reflective object or peer over my shoulder to know he was agitating. It was not really pleasant of me to ignore a younger's request, especially something I'm excellent at, but I disliked to be taken advantage of. 

A pair of arms slowly slipped around my neck, a soft breath warm on my cheek. "Hyung.."

Oh my God. So cute, what should I do..?

"Please, I.. I need your help.." he shyly confronted, slightly embracing my shoulders from behind. 

This is what I hate about maknaes. They think they can get away with anything with their gullible innocence.. but it works so damn well. 

Sehun randomly flipped another page of the book I held, clinging onto me until he got the right answer. 

After staring at him with an expressionless face, I turned back to 'reading' after making my descision. "Fine. What do you want?" 

I felt his smile against my cheek. Sehun quickly detached himself from me and stood up straight again. "Do you think you can do a nakkgi bokkeum (spicy octopus) by Sunday?" 

It doesn't take a week to prepare a meal of that sort, but I bet it's because he's planning something. 

"You think I can't??"

"Okay! Thanks for helping" he suddenly took off without getting a proper consent from me, and before I could disagree. 

"See you tomorrow!"

Aish, that Sehun...