Under The Tree

♥♥♥ I Fell In Love With Oh Sehun, My Personal Bodyguard ♥♥♥

Under The Tree

[Sehun's POV]

Leaves as light as feathers twirled gracefully in the air before landing gently on the soft green grass. The branches of trees swayed along with the calm breeze, a pretty little girl sitting underneath its bountiful fruits. Her back leaned against the thick rough bark of the tree, her hair falling free down her shoulders. 

I smiled at the beautiful girl, receiving not a single one in response. She was silent, angry, in return. 

The sturdy brick walls surrounding the entire mansion rose to about fourty ft from the ground. Sharp and brittle barbed wires ran along its length in tangled loops at the top. 

It was put there so to make sure nothing intrudes in. 

And also to prevent anything escaping out— Judging by the ticked-off expression on her face, I think I may be driving her to that point. 

Hundreds of acres of free land stretched on for miles. There was no one here but us. 

Or so I thought...

"Sehun."

I switched my attention from Eun Mi to the source of the deep voice, peering over my shoulders to notice Kai standing behind me. 

His face was as stern and professional as the tall brick walls mentioned earlier. 

"Oh, what brings you here, Kai?"

He looked rather handsome in his suit and tie and all, but I don't think he's in the mood for compliments. "I could ask you the same thing.."

Kai stared at me intensely, eyes with almost enough power to drill holes with. His expression then loosened as he turned to gaze at Eun Mi. 

"Sorry, Eun Mi" he apologetically bowed and straightened up once again, almost glaring at me. "But Sehun can be really irresponsible sometimes."

"Like how?" I quickly defended myself. 

"I was only explaining how Baekhyun secretly kisses his own reflection in the mirror... when he thinks no one is around to.. to catch him.."

He didn't look very convinced. 

And neither did another bodyguard who's random emergence caught me off guard. 

"No, you haven't" Baekhyun suddenly popped out of nowhere, stepping out from behind a tree. "And hey, I don't do that!!"

Was he standing here this whole time..?

"Where did you come from?!" Kai and I gasped in unison. That was totally unexpected. 

Baekhyun fashionably placed a hand on one hip, his face obviously displeased. "I've been watching you for a while now, Sehun" he slowly began in a stubborn rich-kid tone. 

He never talks this way in front of Exo. 

"And all you've been doing was pestering her all day long." 

"Yeah" Kai agreed. "And what do you think you're doing sitting here?"

A hand suddenly gripped the back of my blazer and twisted the material within their grip, pulling me up with it as if reeling a fish from the ocean.

Or more like yanking vegetables out of the ground. 

"Bodyguards are supposed to be STANDING UP."

My calm face quickly exchanged for a shocked one. "Kai!" I exclaimed, adjusting my clothes and fixing my tie to its original style. 

"Boy, if I were you.." Baekhyun slightly shook his head while still placing a hand on his hips. 

Was he continuing to play the snobby act or was he just angry, I could not tell.

"Um.. Can we go back inside now?" A soft female voice got our heads turning, all attention on Eun Mi. 

I almost forgot she was even here. 

"It's getting pretty late.." She shyly included, and I noticed the sun was beginning to drop behind the horizon. 

Without a further word, I locked an arm around hers and grinned as if we were the only ones to have spent the entire afternoon here. 

Doing what? Nothing but relaxing our minds, and poking her smooth white cheeks. Maybe pinching them a few times too..

"Sure." I ignored the two bodyguards now behind us, and fastened my pace. "Let's get out here." 

"SEHUN!!" 

 

[Eun Mi's POV] 

Watching Exo argue over the littlest of things can be quite hillarious at first; but once they start, it's hard to stop. 

Some of them could go on forever...

"Um.. Can we go back inside now? It's getting pretty late.."

I half-thought about what I said as any distraction would do, so long as the boys stop bickering with each other. 

But I regretted it straight away. 

"Sure." 

An arm suddenly locked around my own, and my eyes shot up to see Oh Sehun. 

The corner of his lips curved upwards a little, and I gulped for being too close to him again. 

And in front of others, too! 

His gorgeous deep voice rung in my ears as he 'forcibly' led me away from the boys, back towards the house. "Let's get out of here."

Was he upset with his brothers..?

"SEHUN!!" Kai and Baekhyun yelled behind us. 

I was embarrassed to look over my shoulders at them, so I let Sehun lead me back into the house. 

I pulled away from him as soon as we took a step inside. 

"That was mean!"

"Yeah, I know. My hyungs are still jealous that I'm chosen to be your personal bodyguard, hence they won't leave me alone about it."

"No. I was talking about you!" I shook my head at his complete cluelessness. 

"It's clear to me you're obviously unwanted here and disliked for your presence..... And I couldn't agree more."

"Eun Mi!" Sehun pouted so cutely, it was difficult to breathe. His eyes sparkled like stars. "Now you're being mean!"

If I don't escape now, I'll never be able to move. 

Sehun didn't need the power of force. His attractive eyes did all the controlling for him; I struggled to leave as his dark pupils glistened in the light. 

"Well.. I, I have homework to get back to" I spun around before I get hypnotised, briskly walking back to my room. 

Why did Sehun pull me out into the gardens in the first place, anyway..? 

But then I quickly turned around, pointing a finger at him before he could take one step closer. 

"And DON'T even think about following me!" 

 

[Xiumin's POV] 

I didn't know where I was going, and frankly, I didn't really care. 

I just needed to find someone to talk to. Anyone. Because I haven't seen any of Exo all day, and that was killing me. 

Why, you may ask? Because I was appointed to guard the front lobby today, which... hardly anyone goes to. 

This mansion is way too big for the twelve of us to protect the president's daughter in. 

We require the need of more guards..  

"Hey, Eun Mi" I waved and smiled at the petite girl casually strolling by the elegant hallways. 

She smiled in return, giving a short bow in courtesy before turning another corner and disappearing into the house again. 

Wait. 

What was she doing all alone?! 

Retracing her tracks and turning the same corner, I discovered she was gone. It'd take a while to find her. 

"Where's her personal bodyguard when you need him?" I sighed and slightly shook my head, asking the question to no one in particular. 

"He's right here" A younger voice replied. 

"Sehun, Sehun, Sehun..." I muttered under my breath, finding a good-looking teenager staring back at me. "What means brings you here?"

He paused for a moment, considering carefully what to say. His eyes averted to the top-right corner as if searching for the right words, yet nothing appropriate probably arrived at his tongue. 

"I should ask you the same thing.." Sehun responded with a very cute smile. 

Yeah. He totally got that line from someone else today.

"And more importantly, why aren't you with her?! You're supposed to be watching Eun Mi!"

"She's off to do her homework now" Sehun casually informed. 

"And how can you be so sure that she is? What happens if she tries to escape while there's a chance?!" I didn't believe it, not coming from Sehun, anyway. 

"Well... I'm going to go check up on her now!" 

We stood for a short while, just staring at each other. I said I wanted to see someone from Exo.. And here's what I got. A silent Sehun. 

"You know what?" I brushed off the subject, mentally facepalming at the irresponsible young bodyguard. I passed him and decided to walk alone some more. "I'm just going to pretend I never saw you or your first big mistake."

I left Sehun, who stood silent and still. 

"Now go find Eun Mi! And stick with her!"