012

Pillar (ON HOLD)

BAEKHEE

"," I cursed, as I failed, again, to hold the note out. I grabbed my hair in frustration. Why couldn't I get this right? I checked the time. Perfect. I needed a distraction to get my mind off of this, before I lost my mind.

I arrived at my apartment, opened the door, and headed straight to my room. Flinging open the closet door, I grabbed my leotard, tights, and dance shoes. I also picked out a pair of leggings, a white tee, and a red flannel. I slipped on the crewneck Jinhwan gave me on top of the tee. I tied the flannel around my waist. I threw my dance clothes into my duffel bag. Grabbing the snapback Jackson gave me, I put it on, and wore my Adidas sneakers. Then, I headed out the door. 

The door opened easily, the bell on the handle chiming faintly. "Hello! Welcome to Moonhee's Beauty Salon! Do you have an appointment with us today?" a petite lady asked, smiling politely. "Hello. Yes, I made an appointment for 10 AM," I replied. The lady shuffled to the little desk, opened a thick folder, and looked for my name. She looked up. "Are you Jung Baekhee?" I nodded. The woman clasped her hands togehter. "Alright then. You can leave your bag and skatebaord here. Please sit at the seat near the sink." I took off my 852 hat, and set it down next to my stuff. A girl walked up to me. "Hello, my name is Misun, and I'll be helping you today," she said, once I sat down. "What are you here for?" "I want a new hairstyle." "Alright, how do you want your hair to be?" She turned my chair, so I was facing the mirror. "Permed straight, and blonde," I stated.

I thanked Misun, payed, and threw my hat on backwards. Then, I dialed Lydia's number. "Hello?" "Hey Lyds, it's Baek. Can you give me a ride to the YG headquarters?" She groaned. "You really need to get your license soon. I'm not your personal taxi." I grinned sheepishly, although she couldn't see me. "I know, I know, but please? I rode my board here but I don't think I'll make it back in time. YG wants to see me at 12. It's 11:15." She sighed noisily. "Fine. You're lucky I need to be there too. Need anything else?" "Your on-the-go makeup kit. I didn't sleep well last night, and I look like crap right now." "Ok. Text me your location and I'll be there soon." "Thank you," I sang happily.

We arrived at the HQ. Lydia parked her car, and handed me her makeup bag. I quickly but carefully put on winged eyeliner, fake lashes, and gray eyeshadow with faint sparkles. I applied mascara to my lashes, and dabbed some concealer on my dark circles. Lastly, I put on some lip balm. I turned towards Lydia, and asked, "Is this okay?" I gestured at my face. She looked up from her phone, and stared at me for a brief moment. "Don't you think the eyeshadow is too much for your outfit?" "Yeah, but I'm heading over to JYP later and running over my routine with Yenny," I replied, packing the makeup. She nodded. "Then you look fabulous. Kick tonight, and make her, and me, proud," she said, grinning. I laughed at her words. After I grabbed my skateboard and duffel, we got out of her car, and walked to the entrance of the YG building.

I raised my hand and knocked three times. I grasped the door handle, and pushed the door open. Yang Hyun Suk was sitting at his desk, gathering papers. When he saw me, he smiled and grestured to the chairs at his desk, facing opposite of him. "Good afternoon, Miss Jung. Have a seat." I bowed in greeting and placed my things in the corner, before taking a seat in front of him. 

"I wanted to talk about your debut. As you may have known, iKon is set to debut after Big Bang makes their comeback," he stated. I nodded. Because their debut was right around the corner, I haven't been able to see any of the iKon members, much less talk to them. As a result, I still had Jinhwan's scarf, even though he lent it to me about four months ago. "Well," the boss continued, "I believe you are ready to debut this year. What do you think?"

I blinked in shock. "Uh," I stammered, "I'm honored, of course. But I don't think I should debut yet." He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why not?" "Well, I'm not confident in my singing. I have many things to work on and perfect before making my debut. I believe the earliest time for me to make my debut as a singer should be no earlier than the end of the year," I replied. He nodded, understanding. "I agree with you. Well, you said you could make your debut at the end of the year, right? How about October? Big Bang would be done promoting, and that gives you time to finish promotions, so Winner and maybe 2NE1, could wrap up 2015," he offered, "because to me, you're ready for the entertainment industry. I'll give you until October to perfect your singing techniques and single or mini album, so you should work hard to earn your debut. If you, Miss Jung, aren't confident in your singing abilities, I suggest for you to ask for help. Ask our artists. Daesung, Bom, Lee Hi, Soohyun, Seungyoon, Taehyun, Junhoe, or Jinhwan. YG's main vocalists. Are you close to any of them?" he asked. I bit my lip as my mind flashed back to this early afternoon, when I was in the car with Lydia.

"So, are you making friends?" Lydia asked, as she turned at the intersection. "Yeah. I've talking to everyone, but I'm more close to Winner and iKon," I replied, adjusting my snapback. "Ah. The YG fetuses. Who are you closest to?" she questioned, wiggling her eyebrows at me. My cheeks pinked. "Kim Jinhwan," I mumbled. Lydia squealed. "You two would be so cute together! The Tiny Couple!" "I-It's nothing like that," I whined, face turning red. "Mhm," she said, as if she didn't believe me. "Is he nice to you? How is he?" she asked, looking excited. "He's really nice to me. He defends me if the others are picking on me," I murmured shyly. "Did he do anything for your birthday?" "On my birthday," I started, "I thought he had forgotten. But after I celebrated with Winner and the rest of iKon, he texted me, telling me to go to the roof-" I was cut off when Lydia squealed even louder. I glared at her. "Sorry, couldn't help it. Continue!" I huffed, but continued anyways. "When I got to the rooftop, he was waiting for me there. I was cold, so he took off his scarf and wrapped it around my neck. He gave me a gray crewneck and a black beanie, but the most memorable one was the guitar. He and Got7, sans Mark and Jackson, split the cost." As I finished, I couldn't help but smile.

"Um, I'm close to Winner and iKon, but mostly Jinhwan. I was planning on asking Seungyoon," I replied. I would ask Jinhwan, but I was kind of annoyed at him, after I saw Lydia's message.

When I got into the elevator, my phone buzzed. I pulled it out of my pocket. I had received a message from Lydia. When I opened it, my eyes widened. Then, a strange feeling spread through my body. I realized it was betrayal. She had sent me pictures of Jinhwan, with AOA's Jimin, as if they were on a date. 

The boss leaned back. "Alright. I expect good results. So, the YG family will be here next week, on Tuesday, to evaluate. Not tonight. I expect you to sing and dance. Two stages. One dancing and singing. The other one, just singing, but you can collaborate with anyone you want. The person you choose to collaborate with doesn't have to be from YG. That is it." "Alright, thank you."

On my way to the JYP building, I rang up Seungyoon. "Hello?" "Hey Yoon oppa, it's me, Baekhee," I said. "Oh, hey Baek, what's up?" he asked. "Um, I have my monthly evaluation coming up, and I was wondering if you could help me with my singing? I would ask Daesung or Taeyang, but they're way to busy to be bothered," I asked, hopeful. "Why did you ask me first? I thought you would have asked Jinhwan," he said, chuckling lightly. I scowled. "I'm kind of annoyed at him right now," I answered truthfully. "Why?" "I feel betrayed," I started, frowning. "Lydia sent me pictures of Jinhwan out with Jimin, like they were on a date or something." "Oh. Is someone jealous?" Seungyoon teased. "I honestly have no idea. All I know is I feel annoyed and betrayed because on one hand he treats me like girlfriend material, yet on the other he goes out with her," I vented. I took a deep breath to calm down. "I understand how you feel. You have a right to feel like how you do," he replied kindly. "You're an angel, Yoon. Thanks for listening to me rant," I said. "No problem. I'm here if you need anything. Besides the singing thing though. I'm sorry, but I'm working on our album right now," he apologized. "Oh. Is Taehyun busy too?" I asked. "Yeah. We're sorry. You can try Junhoe," he suggested. I laughed sarcastically. "Junhoe? I would, since the kid has pipes. But, I have a feeling he would just tease me the entire time. He's Satan," I whined. Seungyoon laughed. "Alright then. I'll try to find someone to help you, okay?" "Alright, thanks so much. Bye!" "Bye."

 

SEUNGYOON

I hung up after saying goodbye. I frowned. Baekhee was annoyed at Jinhwan? This wasn't going to be good. I could see their friendship -and potential relationship- falling apart. I decided to call Jinhwan. "Hello?" "Hey, it's Seungyoon. Can you help Baekhee with something?" "Sure, what's up?" he asked, a bit confused. "She has her monthly evaluation coming up soon, and she needs help with her singing abilities and stuff like that. She just called me and asked if Taehyun, or I, could help her, but we're busy," I explained, falling back onto the bed. "Of course I would help," he said. "Oh, and don't tell her I told you this, but she's kind of annoyed at you." "What, why?" he asked. "Your little scandal thing with a certain Jimin." "Oh. Ok, thanks for telling me, hyung. Bye." "Alright, bye." I hope this goes well...

 

BAEKHEE

I just finished showing my performance to Yenny. I looked at her for advice, breathless. She looked stunned. "Wow, I'm impressed at your dancing. You could improve on your breathing when you sing though," Yenny suggested. "Alright, thank you so much," I said, smiling. 

I went to Got7's dorm after using the shower at the JYP HQ. Borrowing a stylist's make up set, I had reapplied eyeliner and mascara, so I didn't look like a vampire with panda eyes. Yugyeom opened the door. "Hey noona! Come in!" "Hi, Gyeom," I greeted, walking in. "Are you here for anything, or just to visit?" he asked, curious. "I'm here to see Mark. I need his help with something," I stated. Yugyeom nodded and sat next to me on the floor. "Mark hyung! Julianne noona is here!" he called. Bambam suddenly appeared out of nowhere. "Julianne noona!" he yelled, giving me a hug. I laughed, hugging him back lightly. "Hey Bam. You two can call me Baekhee noona," I suggested. Soon, the rest of Got7 came out into the living room. I greeted them all with light hugs. "Hey Mark, I'm here to enlist you for my monthly evaluation," I said. As usual, Mark and Jackson were next to each other. I smiled inwardly. They're too cute. "What do you need?" asked Mark, who was laying on the sofa, his head on Jackson's chest. The latter had his arms wrapped around his waist. "So, I have to perform 2 songs at my evaluation. I already have the first one taken care of, but I needed a rapper for my other song. It's in English, so I asked you. Besides, CL wouldn't work since I needed a guy, and Minho, Seunghoon, Hanbin, and Bobby are busy. Help me please?" I asked, looking at him with puppy dog eyes. He groaned, and put his hand over my face. "Stop with that face, I have never resisted it, and will never be able to," he whined. I giggled. "Hey, why didn't you ask me?" Jackson complained, "I speak English too!" "I know, Jacks, but I need a slightly ghetto feel," I explained. Jackson looked offended. "Are you calling my boyfriend 'slightly ghetto'?" he questioned, releasing Mark to make air quotes, before laying his head on Mark's lap to look at me upside down. "Yes," I said, with a blank face, before laughing. "No, I'm not, but he suits the song more, because he has a deeper voice," I explained. Jackson nodded, happy with my explanation. "What song are we doing?" Mark asked. "I was thinking See You Again by Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth. Obviously, you would do the rap." He nodded, "Alright. Let's start working on it tomorrow. It's getting late. I'll go over to the YG building, so Jackson can't tag along." "HEY!!!!" the ex fencer cried out. We all laughed.

I got home, and changed into a black Julliard crewneck and sweatpants. I had just finished a roll of kimbap when someone knocked on my front door. I threw the plastic wrap away and grabbed a bottle of watter, drinking it as I went to open the door. "Hey Baek," Jinhwan greeted, looking a bit sad. My eyes widened when I saw him, and I almost choked on water. I swallowed and coughed, before opening the door wider, letting him in. He sat down on the couch, waiting patiently, as I brushed my teeth, scrubbed my makeup off, took off my contacts and snapback, and put on my glasses. I put on a pair of socks, and combed my hair. I finally walked out of my room, and I saw Jinhwan looking around my living room in interest. I sat down facing opposite of him, and hugged my knees. "Why are you here?" I asked, wincing when it came out a bit ruder than I intended. I tied my hair into a loose bun, waiting for his response. 

 

JINHWAN

"Seungyoon hyung called me today. I'm here to help you on your singing," I replied quietly, looking at her. She fiddled with her piercings. I didn't realize she had so many, and I just realized that she dyed her hair. It looked nice. "Okay," she replied curtly. I winced inwardly. She was definitely annoyed. I cleared my throat awkwardly. "Baekhee?" I murmured, not breaking eye contact. "What." I sighed, and ran my hand through my hair, messing it up. "I'm sorry." She looked surprised. "I know you're annoyed. To clear things up, I wasn't on a date with Jimin. I was just hanging out with her. Our other friend was with us too, but he went to the restroom when the paparazzi took pictures of me and her." She looked surprised, and then she blushed lightly.

 

BAEKHEE

I definitely was not expecting his response to be like that. I felt my face get warm. "O-Oh," I stammered. "Forgive me?" he asked, voice smooth and soft. "Of course. I'm sorry for being irrational." He grinned, eyes turning into little crescents, and held out his arms for a hug. I gladly leaned into his embrace. "I missed you. I can't believe I haven't seen you in four months," he whispered. "Me too," I said, just as soft. He let go of me, and I went back into my previous position, reaching out to fix his fringe. "I'm glad we're good now. Now, let's start on your song. What song are you doing?" he asked, smiling. "Ain't Nobody by Yenny," I replied. He nodded, and we got to work.

By the time we finished, I was yawning, tired. He layed down on the couch, hugging a cushion, when I remembered about his scarf. "Wait here," I said, and went into my room. When I came out, he was standing by the door, yawning. I walked up to him. "You let me borrow this on my birthday. I haven't had the chance to return it, but now I do. So, here you go," I said, holding the scarf in front of me. He shook his head, leaning against the wall next to the door. "Keep it. It looks better on you anyways. Oh, and I like your hair." He flashed me a smile, eyes bright. "Oh, okay. Thank you, then. And thank you for staying up to help me, when you could be sleeping," I said. "Anytime," he replied. I set the clothing item on the kitchen table and opened the front door. He walked out, and turned to face me. "Baek?" he asked, eyes mischievous. "Hm?" I looked at him. He smirked. "About me and Jimin, were you jealous?" I blushed and waved my arms around. "No, of course not, why would I be-" I was interrupted when he laughed. I looked at him in confusion. "Why are you laughing?" I whined. Then, he leaned down, and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "You're cute. That's all," he said, eyes soft, a slight smile on his lips. I blanked out, when I felt his lips on my forehead. I could get used to this, I mused. I blinked and stared at Jinhwan. "I'll come over and help when I can. Good night, Baekhee. Sleep well," he murmured. "G-Good night, Jinhwan," I whispered. He pulled me in for a quick embrace, before turning and waving. He entered his dorm, and I was left there, staring at where he was standing just moments ago.

That night, I fell asleep as soon as my head touched my pillow, with a light heart and a smile on my face.


A/N: I feel like a ty person for never updating. I apologize. I have random writer's blocks. That's a ty excuse, but I'm sorry. I hope this chapter is good enough, to make up for the time you guys may have waited for an update.