013

Pillar (ON HOLD)

BAEKHEE

I was running through the lyrics of See You Again in the practice room, when a group of people rudely barged in. I stood up, alarmed. "Excuse me, I am using this room right now," I stated politely. The leader of the little posse turned towards me and crossed her arms, glaring at me. It was Yoonkyung and her followers. "Oh, I'm sorry. Are you sure you're using this room to practice?" she asked, voice disgustingly sweet. This girl was so fake. "Yes," I replied. "You actually practice? I couldn't even tell, after hearing your terrible singing," she sneered. Her clique laughed, mocking me. My self esteem just took a blow. "Plus," the trainee continued, "other people train their asses off, hoping to debut someday, when you get in without having to try out and you think you're so great just because of that. You rarely train, and you actually get more than 3 hours of sleep everyday. How do you expect to debut when you aren't dedicated like the rest of us, and when you can't even sing? It's not like you're pretty or skinny. You're below average and you're chubby. You only get attention with your wacky hair. Let's be real here, you're just here because you're friends with Lydia Paek. Stop flirting with WINNER and iKON. They don't need you. In fact, you're hindering them from their work. You're useless, just accept that." 

Those words felt like knives stabbing me repeatedly everywhere. I fought hard to keep a straight face. "Thank you for telling me your opinions. I admit I'm not working as hard as I should. I will improve with your words. You may use this room while you are here. Thank you," I said. I gave her a deep bow, feeling my eyes tearing up, grabbed my stuff, and walked out of the room.

I ran down three flights of stairs, and sprinted to my apartment. When I got inside, I collapsed onto the floor, sliding down the door. My tears flowed freely down my face, dripping onto my knees. I cried hard, heart hurting when I remembered her insults, hurled repeatedly at me. I clutched at my chest, trying to numb the pain, but it didn't work.

I stayed in that position for an hour. 

JB

"Guys, let's run through this one more time and then we can take a break," I said, even though my body hurt everywhere. I took a glance at Mark, who was sitting with Jackson, laughing at something the Hong Kong native said. I winced, before turning to the youngest ones. "Ya, Gyeom, Bam, Youngjae, get up. Park Jinyoung, you too. Mark, Jackson, both of you, hurry up," I commanded, in a bitter mood. The members all got up, grumbling, but went to their positions. We ran through the choreo for our upcoming song, and once we were done, our dance instructor let us go, giving us the day off. The members all cheered, heading back to the dorms, and I trudged after them, mind filled with thoughts. 

Once I finished showering, I walked out into the living room, and immediately regretted my decision. There on the sofa, sat Mark and Jackson, all cuddled up. I took a deep breath, heart faltering a beat, and walked back into the room I shared with Youngjae. In my misery, I decided to leave for the night. I couldn't handle it anymore. I called Baekhee, and waited for her to pick up. The Korean American and I became closer after I realized she shared the same passion for bboying. Youngjae went to shower, and closed the door behind him. Good. "Hello?" she croaked, sniffling. "Hey, you okay?" I asked. "I'll be fine. What's up?" she replied. "I need a place to stay for the night. I know I'm asking for a lot, but could I stay over tonight? Just one night?" I asked, making sure the others couldn't hear me. I was desperate to get away from the couple. "Um," she hesitated. "Please," I whispered. The dancer must've heard my plea for help, because her response was an okay. "Thank you so, so much," I said, getting up. "You have explaining to do. If you get caught on your way here, and I get dragged into dating rumors, I will light your on fire," she threatened. I grinned. "You have nothing to worry about. I'll be over in an hour." "Mkay. I'll make you dinner. See you." "See you," I hung up. 

Youngjae came back a few minutes later, while I was searching through the closet for my duffel bag. "Hyung, what are you doing?" he asked. "Just looking for something," I responded. I knocked on Jinyoung's door. "Come in," he said. I opened the door and walked in. He was reading a book, laying down on his bed. "Have you seen my duffel bag?" I asked. He shook his head, and offered to lend me his. He handed me it, and asked, "What do you need it for?" I glanced at the door, making sure it was locked, before telling him the story. His lips went into an "o" shape, and pulled me into a hug, patting my back. "It'll be okay, hyung. I'll help you in your little escapade," he said, making my lips lift up. "Thanks, Jin. Call manager hyung for me yeah?" He nodded, reaching for his phone as I left the room.

All the members sans Jinyoung were in the living room, playing video games. I hid Jinyoung's bag by wrapping my jacket around it, and slipped on my shoes, hoping no one would notice. Then, Jinyoung came out of his room, and came up to me, whispering that he told our manager I wanted to visit an old friend while he was in town, and that he was around the corner. He handed me my snapback and sunglasses (my disguise), and pat my shoulder. "Good luck." He turned to join the others on the floor. I was about to leave when Mark spoke up. "Jaebum? Where are you going?" he asked, bringing the rest of the group's attention towards me. Crap. "Out," I replied curtly, before leaving.

BAEKHEE

I washed my face before going to the kitchen to prepare dinner. I decided to make samgyetang, since Jaebum seemed so stressed out. It was cooking when there was a knock on my door. It was JB. "Hey, come in. I made samgyetang," I said. I took a look at his face. He looked really tired, mentally, physically, and emotionally. "Thanks," he replied, as I led him into my guest room. "You'll have the whole apartment to yourself," I stated. "Why?" he asked, tilting his head to the side. "I need to practice," I replied monotonously, Yoonkyung's words ringing in my ears. I was determined to prove her wrong. 

As we were eating, I asked him what happened. His eyes dulled, in muted pain. "Mark and Jackson happened. Don't get me wrong, I'm not homophobic," he replied quietly. "Why do they bother you then?" I questioned. I thought I knew the answer, but I wanted to make sure. "It's-" he sighed, running his hand through his hair and pulling slightly. "It's Mark. The thing is, I like Mark. I wanted to be more than friends with him. But, I was too late," he laughed bitterly, "because now he's taken by my very own bandmate. I've always kept my calm whenever I see them together, but it's been building up. When I saw them today, all cuddled up on the couch, I couldn't take it anymore. Yes, I was jealous, but I was envious as well. I envied Jackson because he could touch Mark without having to have an excuse, at the dorm or during the day. When they got together, I couldn't say no and break them apart, you know? Mark looked so happy," he admitted, wrapping his arms around himself, holding the pieces of his heart together.

I didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry," I said quietly. How could Mark be so stupid? I sighed. He had hurt my close friend and his own bandmate in the worst way possible, by breaking his heart. I didn't believe that Mark was that dumb. "Have they ever kissed in front of you guys in the dorm?" I asked, now suspicious of Markson. Jaebum shook his head. I smirked. "Are you sure they're legit?" I asked, feeling a bit devious. "What?" He looked confused. "I mean, they just hug, hold hands, and cuddle right? And maybe a few kisses on the cheek or something, but not an actual kiss. Friends who are close enough can do that with each other, especially if one of them wanted to make someone else jealous," I said, pleased with myself. I could see the gears in JB's head spinning. "Are you sure? Don't give me false hope," he warned, but he looked better now. I grinned. "Trust me. I've seen him glance at you a few times while he was with Jacks. Cheer up, friend!" I made the fighting pose, and smiled at him. He grinned widely. "I'm going to trust you," he said. I winked at him.

After JB settled into his room, I left the apartment, and skated on my board, to the YG building. I went into the first empty practice room, and practiced singing and dancing until my throat was sore and my body hurt all over. Even then, I pushed myself further, only stopping to take 2 minute water breaks. 

After rehearsing Ain't Nobody for the tenth time in a row, I decided to focus entirely on singing. I pulled out my guitar and decided on It's Okay, That's Love by Davichi. In the middle of playing, I got a phone call. "Hello?" "Where are you?" It was Jinhwan. "Why?" I asked, detached. The fact that people, like Yoonkyung and her minions, thought that I was flirting with iKON and WINNER made me wince. "I went over for singing lessons, and JB opened the door?" he asked, sounding confused and another emotion I couldn't make out. "Oh. He's going through a lot right now, and he needed to get out of the dorm for a while, so I invited him to my place," I explained, strumming out the chords of the song. "That doesn't answer my first question. Where are you?" he repeated. "Don't worry about it. I'm practicing on my own. I don't need singing lessons anymore. Thanks though," I answered. "Oh, alright. Well, bye then. Don't sleep too late," he said. "Sleep?" I deadpanned. I laughed bitterly. "I need to improve. I don't have time for anything other than practicing. Bye, Jinhwan," I said curtly, hanging up before he could say anything. I sighed, putting my head in my hands. I felt bad for being mean to him, but I had to do it. 

MARK

Everyone was fast asleep in the dorm, besides me. I couldn't sleep. My mind was too busy worrying about Jaebum. Where was he? Why did he leave? Was he okay? I sighed and to my back. I had asked Jinyoung before we went to bed. He had replied with a nonchalant 'don't worry about it'. How could I not worry? I got up and walked into the living room, making sure not to wake Jackson up. Jackson. He was the best friend I could ever have, besides Julianne. Julianne! Would she know where Jaebum went? They had gotten closer recently. I decided to give it a chance. I dialed her number and waited for her to pick up. "Hello?" She sounded tired. "Hey, sorry if I woke you up or anything," I said, aware of how late it was. "I was practicing. You need anything?" "Um, would you happen to know where Jaebum went? Jinyoung won't tell me anything," I pouted. "Why do you care?" she seethed, mood changing quickly. "I'm worried," I replied in a small voice. "You have no idea how much he's been hurting because of you. Why are you so stupid?" she yelled. "He's been hurting?" I asked, shocked, "what did I do though?" "Hm, let's see, ever since you pretended to get together with Jackson?" Julianne deadpanned. "Wh-what?" I asked. How did she see through us? "You didn't think that I'd see through it huh? Well, let me tell you something Mark. Because of your idiotic move, Jaebum has been in pain." I couldn't reply. I was stunned. "Tell me, do you like Jaebum?" she asked, serious. "I-" Did I like him? I thought of how I sneaked glances at him when nobody was looking, to how my heart fluttered when we did fanservice at events, to how he made sure all of us, especially me, didn't hurt ourselves. And that's when it hit me hard. "I think I may love him," I replied. "I had a feeling. He's at my place," she told me. "Can I go over right now?" I asked, jumping out of my seat. "If you have a ride, then yeah, sure. You have a key right?" "Yeah." She had given me a key in case anything happened. "Go ahead. Take some samgyetang back while you're at it. Jaebum knows where it is. Go get your man, Yien. Don't break anything in my apartment. Lock the door after you leave," she said. "Thank you so much," I gushed. 

JB

I heard the the front door opening from my room, but I just assumed it was Baekhee coming back, so I went back to sleep. However, five minutes later, someone shook my shoulder. I cracked my eyes open, to see Mark crouching next to me. I cursed. What the hell? To say I was surprised was an understatement. My heart pounded in my chest when I made eye contact with him. One moment I was staring into his sad eyes, and in another moment I was in Mark's embrace. Without thinking, I picked him up and placed him on the bed next to me. "I'm sorry," he whispered, voice breaking. "I'm sorry for being an idiot, I'm sorry for messing with you, I'm sorry for not knowing I was messing with you, I'm sorry for hurting you, I'm sorry for making you think I was with Jackson, I'm sorry for everything," he admitted, tearing up. Remembering Julianne's words, I smiled. She was right. I pulled him into my lap and put my arms around his waist. I stared into his eyes, his beautiful eyes. "I forgive you. Don't cry," I murmured, moving forward so our foreheads were touching. His breath faltered for a moment, and he closed his eyes, a tear slipping down his smooth cheek. "I feel so bad," he mumbled, swiping at his eyes. "Don't cry, it's okay," I repeated, embracing him. His head laid on my shoulder and I rested my head on top of his. "I like you, Mark," I confessed simply. "I like you too, and I'm sorry for putting you through so much ," the elder replied. I grinned. The pain was worth it if it meant my feelings were reciprocated. 

After he calmed down, I told him to just stay the night. We layed down face to face. "Mark?" I asked. He hummed. "I like you a lot, Mark Yien Tuan, so will you do me the honor of being my boyfriend?" I asked sincerely, looking into his eyes. He broke into a wide grin and kissed my cheek. "Of course."

BAEKHEE

I practiced until 4:40 AM. I decided to go back and take a quick shower and a power nap before returning to practice. I skated back to my apartment, and after unlocking the door, I went into the guest room to see if Jaebum was still here. To my pleasant surprise, I saw Mark with him, both sleeping peacefully, in each other's arms. I cooed. Cute. Matchmaking was a success! I checked the time, and it was 5:00 AM. I remembered the leader telling me that they had a schedule at 7:30, so they had to wake up early. Hence, I went to go wake them up, but only after taking a picture of them for future blackmail. I poked Mark's cheek repeatedly until he woke up. He grumbled, obviously annoyed that he had been woken up. "Sir, excuse you, no sass is needed this morning. Wake up Tuan, you have a schedule. Wake your boyfriend up," I commanded, hands on my hips. He just glared at me. I laughed at his misery. "Hey, if it weren't for me, you'd still be at your dorm pining over Im Jaebum," I commented. Before he could deny it, I shook JB's shoulder. "Wakey wakey Mr. Im, you have a schedule at 7:30." He looked around the room bleary eyed, before noticing Mark next to him. "Morning," he murmured, before burying his head into the crook of Mark's neck and shoulder. He tightened his hold on the Taiwanese male. "You remind me of Nora," I blurted out. Mark chuckled, hand smoothing down Jaebum's bed hair. I sighed noisily. "You guys are cute and all, but it's now 5:15, so get up and go brush your teeth and shower and eat," I said, before going to make a simple breakfast for them. 

I decided to make an American style breakfast, filled with eggs, toast, bacon strips, and ham. I set out two plates before heating up the samgyetang on the stove. Jaebum came out first, hair still damp, and sat down. "Thank you so much, Baekhee. For letting me sleep over last night to making me dinner and breakfast. I owe you one," he said sincerely. "Don't worry about it. That's what friends are for right?" I smiled, handing him a glass of orange juice. I placed another glass next to Mark's plate. Speaking of Mark, the eldest walked out in Jaebum's sweatpants and hoodie. "I didn't have anything else to wear," he said sheepishly, before taking a seat. "Enjoy," I said, before leaving to shower. 

When I came out of the shower, the couple were washing the dishes. "Guys! Just leave it there! I'll do it!" I called out, running over to them. "It's okay, it's the least we can do," Jaebum replied. "Okay then," I said, disagreeing, but letting it slide. "Take the bag over there with you," I pointed, "I put the samgyetang into containers for everyone, including your manager. Tell them all I said hi," I said. 

"Bye guys!" I waved at the duo before locking the door. It was now 6:22. I yawned, and went to bed, deciding to take a power nap.

When I woke up at 9 AM, I had three missed calls and one message from Jinhwan. What did he want? I opened his text.

To: Baekhee

I overheard something about a trainee insulting and downgrading you,

saying you had no talent and that you were just flirting with us. We need to talk.

From: Jinhwan


Author's Note: I know I seem like I'm focusing too much on GOT7, but I assure that I wouldn't write about them if it didn't have anything to do with the main character. I'm slowly getting back into writing stories again, so be on the lookout! In the meantime, check out my other stories that I'm working on: 

Yet Somehow, We Make It Work (Jaebum x OC)

GRAY (Mark x OC) 

Please subscribe/comment/upvote!!! Your comments motivate me to do better. Thanks for reading!