003

Pillar (ON HOLD)

I was well awake by the time we landed. Lydia and I went through customs and went to go get our bags at the luggage carousel. We walked out of the airport and Lydia saw someone. She started walking towards that person and I just followed, not knowing what to do. I soon realized that it was Epik High's Tablo, and I quickly bowed a 100 degree bow. "Hello," I greeted. He smiled and said, "No need to be so formal, Julianne. Just call me Tablo oppa." I nodded in response. "Ok," I said, grinning. 

It was quiet in the car. "Hey, Tablo oppa?" I asked. He hummed in response. "Where are we going?" "We're heading to the place where the collaboration matches will be, for Mix and Match. I'm a judge today. You're a judge too right?" he questioned, looking at me through the rearview mirror. "Uh.. I apparently am, but I'm not even qualified to judge the trainees. They're so talented, and they're probably better than I am. No one knows who I am; I'm not a renowned artist or producer here in Korea, so what's the point of me being a judge?" I said, frustrated. "Julianne Jung. I hope you know that the boss doesn't hire people without them auditioning. He doesn't have his backup dancers judge either. So if you're an exception, you're probably way better than you think you are," Tablo assured firmly. I just shook my head, feeling stressed.

We arrived at the venue. I hopped out of the car, stretching and yawning. Ugh I felt so jetlagged. "Wait what about my luggage?" I asked to no one in particular. Lydia answered, "I'm going to drive the car back to YG headquarters. Your luggage will be there, ok? Get a ride with the trainees; YG just told me you're going to live next to them." Before I could fully comprehend that, she hopped into the driver's seat and drove off. I blinked. Tablo chuckled. "Ok so you see that car over there?" I nodded. "I need to go in and pretend I just got here, for the filming purposes. So, go inside first, ok? I'll meet you near the stage." "Ok, see you later!" I said, before turning away and walking into the building. 

Cold air hit me when I stepped into the building. I was confused to where I was supposed to go, until I saw all the signs promoting Mix and Match. I followed the posters until it brought me to the audience seating. Music was playing. I looked towards the stage, and there I saw the teams rehearsing. I decided to sit down and wait for Tablo. I pulled out my phone, looking through the photos of my dad and my mom. Unknowingly, my eyes started to water. I looked up and the ceiling and blinked the tears away. Mom, Dad, I miss you.

"Hey, let's go introduce you to the other judges." I jumped. I didn't even hear Tablo walking towards me. "O-ok," I stuttered, putting my phone back into my backpack and standing up. We walked to the waiting room. I stood behind him, hiding my body behind his. "Where's the girl?" a voice asked. It was YG's. I walked into the room and bowed deeply to each and every judge. "Hello, my name is Julianne Jung. Please take care of me," I said, nervous. I looked up at the faces in the room. Besides the boss, Simon D, Gray, and San E was there. "Julianne? It says here your name is Baekhee," questioned the boss. "Ah, yes. Baekhee is my Korean name, but I'm used to my English name, which is Julianne. OnIy people who are close to me call me Baekhee," I replied, my voice shaking a bit. "I see. Would you like me to call you Julianne or Baekhee?" he inquired. "Anything is fine, since you're the boss," I joked, chortling. He snickered.  "Have a seat," he said, gesturing at the empty seat next to San E. I thanked him and sat down. Simon D broke the awkward silence. "So, Miss Jung, how are you?" he asked, smiling kindly. I relaxed. "I'm a bit jetlagged from the flight, but other than that, I'm okay," I replied, smiling. Gray spoke up. "Flight? Where are you from?" "I'm from New York City," I answered. San E hummed and questioned, "New York huh? How old are you?" "I'm nineteen," I said, taking off my AOMG snapback and ruffling my hair. "I see. Well, I'm sure that all of us will have a great time today!" he replied cheerfully, grinning. I couldn't help but grin back. YG chuckled. "Welcome to the YG family, Miss Jung," he said, holding out his hand. I shook his hand firmly and thanked him for hiring me, and paying for my flight here. "I'm really grateful for everything you've done for me, sir. Thank you so much. I'll pay you back as soon as I can." He laughed. "No need to thank me. I should thank Lydia, for filming you and sending the video to me, without your knowledge," he smirked. I burst out laughing. "Yeah I guess," I wheezed out, struggling to catch my breath. Gray snickered. "The cordis are calling us." We all stood up to get ready, and as I put my hat back on, Simon D and Gray looked at each other and started laughing. I looked at them, "What?" "I like your snapback," the rapper said, before laughing again. I joined in, giggling.

A cordi walked up to me, and I bowed. "Hello. My name is Julianne Jung. Please take care of me," I said. She greeted me and told me to put my backpack on the coffee table behind up. "My name is Sunyoung, and I'll be in charge of your look today," the girl said, smiling shyly. As I sat down, she gingerly took off my snapback, and put in next to my backpack. Sunyoung combed through my hair and pinned it all up, before taking off my makeup. "You have nice skin," she complimented. "Ah, thank you," I mumbled, my face pink. "May I go wash my hair first? I just got off a plane," I said awkwardly, blushing. "Oh, of course! Would you like to borrow some shampoo?" she asked, smiling. "Yes please. Could I also borrow a towel? Thank you!" I took the bottle of shampoo and towel from her and went to wash my hair. 

I stepped out of the stall, humming. I had decided to scrub down with soap too, and now I felt fresh. I put on my clothes and shoes and wrapped my hair up with the towel. Walking out of the room, I shuffled to Sunyoung. She took the shampoo from me. Sunyoung dried my hair, and clipped it all up. "Let's use some winged eyeliner, and a metallic gray colored eyeshadow. For your lips, let's use a red. How does that sound?" she asked, looking at me. "Anything's fine," I smiled. She clapped her hands together and got to work, using mulitple brushes and palettes. I closed my eyes when she told me to, and after she was done, I waited until she was finished with my face completely. Right when I was going to open my eyes, she said frantically, "Don't open your eyes! I want you to see your whole look, hair done and outfit on." I hummed an okay. "Oh wow your hair is so pretty. It's naturally wavy at the bottom!" she exclaimed. I chuckled. "Now, let's see.."

She turned my chair around and said, "You can open your eyes now. But, no looking in any mirrors until you put on your outfit!" she said, eyes shining. She then took my body measurements, and asked me what size I was. I told her I was a 231 mm. Sunyoung walked off, and came back with a plain white crop top that was tight fitting, and a black leather skater skirt. I changed into the outfit, and took the pair of black pumps from the excited cordi. I slipped on the shoes and stood up. "Wow I feel tall," I blurted out. Sunyoung giggled. "I was going to tell you to take off your bracelet and ring, but it matches with your outfit," she said. "That's good then. I don't take them off for anything" I laughed, "They're gifts from my parents. Hey are you my unnie? I'm nineteen." She nodded. "I'm 21 years old." I told her to put her number in my phone, and she asked for me to do the same thing. "Oh right!" Sunyoung exclaimed, clasping her hands together, "you can look at yourself now." I walked towards the body mirror. "Wow," I breathed out. I looked.. different. But in a good way. My eye makeup was perfect, and my lips were red and full. My bangs were braided and pinned to the side of my head, with the rest of my hair hanging over my shoulders, cascading down in wavy curls. "I was going to paint your nails black, but then I realized you had painted them before you came here. I tried to make your blue highlights stand out. What do you think?" she asked, grinning. I hugged her. "I love it, unnie. Thank you so much!" I released her. "Honestly, I never wear clothes like this. I always wear sweats and tanktops, with sneakers, but after looking at myself in the mirror, I realized that I should wear stuff like this more often," I grinned. "You're very welcome," she replied.

I sat down, waiting for the call to go out. Sunyoung lent me her laptop, and I opened up Skype. She sat down next to me, as I sent a videocall to my dad. He accepted and the screen changed. My dad and mom were sitting in her bed at the hospital. "Dad! Mom!" I exclaimed, an earsplitting grin on my face. "Baekhee! You look so beautiful!" my mom cried out, holding onto my dad's arm. My dad nodded in agreement. "It's all thanks to Sunyoung unnie," I said, pointing at the said person. My friend smiled and waved.

Time flew by, and before I knew it, I was called by a staff member. "5 minutes!" "Mom, Dad, I have to go. I'll call you guys later, ok? I miss you guys so much. I love you!" I said, staring at the screen. "We love you too! We'll watch the broadcast of the show tomorrow, ok? We miss you! Good luck!" my mom said, waving. I waved back, before I ended the call and logged out. "Thanks so much, unnie." I said. Sunyoung shook her head. "No problem. I feel like we're already good friends!" she exclaimed, hugging me. "Good luck!"

I walked out of the room and went to the room next door, and knocked. "Come in!" the person said, and I opened the door. I walked in, and closed the door. The rest of the judges were there. I sat in the empty chair, next to Gray. YG spoke up. "Ok so, all of us are used to giving criticism to trainees and judging them. However, Miss Jung, you don't have that experience. Bascially, what I want is for you to say something good, and then point out what they could've done better. Is that clear?" "Yes," I replied. I then thought of a question. "I understand that there will be two parts to the match today. Is the first part the collaboration stage?" I asked. "Correct. The second stage will be the dance stage. That is the part where you will be in charge of, for you are a dancer. There will be a break in between the two parts, because the boys need to change. In case you aren't familiar with the moves of the songs they'll be dancing to, you can look them up during the break," the boss clarified. I nodded. We stood and lined up. I was seated in the middle of San E and Simon D. I took a deep breath, and followed the ones in front of me, up to the judging panel.

 

A/N- Hi guys I edited some stuff here and in Chapter 4 so go check it out!!!