006

Pillar (ON HOLD)

It was 2:07 AM.

Damn you, jetlag! After tossing and turning for many hours, I got up from the bed, scowling. Grabbing my glasses, I put them on, looking around. Huh. Turns out Junhwe won the fight for the couch. Careful not to wake them up (or step on them), I maneuvered through the sleeping bodies, using my phone's screen as a light to guide me. I made my way towards the shoe rack, and slipping on my sneakers, I went out of the dorm. 

I found myself at the rooftop of the building, peering over the edge and looking down at the city of Seoul. I sighed, looking up at the starry night sky. The stars twinkled in the dark, winking, as I whipped out my phone, sending a call to my mom via Facetime. "Baekhee ah! Why aren't you sleeping?" my mom exclaimed, eyebrows furrowing. "Jetlag," I replied, staring at her through the screen. I moved, to lay down on the bench. "Mom," I called, voice trembling. "Hm?" she hummed. "I miss you," I cried, voice cracking. Tears slowly made their way down my cheeks. My mother sighed, "Honey, I miss you too. It's only been a day, and your dad and I already miss you terribly." "Mom, I love you and Dad so, so much. I'm sorry I had to leave," I whispered, not trusting my voice. "We love you too. Now, go to sleep." She started humming a sweet and calming tune, and before I knew it, I fell asleep.

 

Jinhwan's POV

I woke up in the middle of the night, needing some water. Bleary eyed, I grabbed my phone. It was 2:41 AM. I slowly climbed down from the bunk, using the screen's light to guide me. My eyes fell upon the empty bunk below mine. I frowned. Where did she go? Cautiously, I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, took a sip, and slipped on my sneakers, heading out the door.

When I got into the elevator, I started thinking. She must have gone to the rooftop. Where else would she go? 

When I opened the door to the rooftop, cold air blasted at my face, neck, and through my shirt. I shivered. I looked around, and I found her laying on the bench. As I shuffled towards her, I prepared to chastise her, but my eyes softened at the sight of dried tears on her face. Slowly but surely, I leaned down, snaking my arms under her neck and her legs, picking her up. I frowned. She was freezing. I carried her down the stairs and into our dorm. I kicked off my shoes, and took off her shoes as well. Carefully, I placed her down on the bunk, tucking her in. Unconciously, a tiny smile formed on my face when I saw her snuggle into the warm duvet. As I turned to climb back onto the top bunk, a small hand latched onto my hand. I looked at her for a moment, and then looked at the hand that was grabbing mine. She was probably used to hugging something to sleep. With caution, I pried her fingers off, and her outstretched arm fell slack against the edge of the bed. I went to my room and grabbed one of the stuffed animals, and handed it to her. Her arms wrapped around the plushie. I chuckled under my breath. I quickly pulled myself up onto the top bunk, and wrapped the blanket around me.

 

Baekhee's POV

When I woke up, I was confused with the change of surroundings. I sat up, startled. I clearly remembered going up to the rooftop last night, so how did I get here? I looked around the room. Everyone was gone. Then I looked down at the bed I was on. My arms were wrapped around something; it was a Woody plushie. Eh?