005

Pillar (ON HOLD)

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. My name is Kim Jinhwan."

UGH THAT VOICE USEHGFUISKAJ why is he so beautif- Ahem. Jung Baekhee calm downnnnnnn. I smiled an eye smile. "Hi everyone, it's nice to meet you all! I was an avid follower of WIN and I'm a fan of all of you guys," I giggled nervously, "and it's an honor to be here. I'm Julianne." The boys laughed. Then, Bobby piped up. "Is your name really Julianne?" I was confused. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Like, Bobby is my English name, but my real name is Jiwon. Is that your case too, or do you not have a Korean name?" he explained, curious. "I do, but I've been called Julianne ever since I was little at school and stuff, so that's why I have people call me that instead. Only family and close friends call me by my Korean name," I muttered, fidgeting awkwardly. Bobby chuckled. "I see. It's the same for me." I then thought of something. "May I borrow someone's laptop?" i inquired, looking at the trainees. B.I grabbed a laptop off a table, and handed it to me, "Here you go. It's a good thing I brought it today." I smiled and thanked him. I opened up Youtube and decided to make a quick video. When the camera lighted up green, I started. "Greetings from South Korea!" I said in English, grinning. "I just got off the plane today, and had to come here immediately. Why, you may ask. Well, I was invited to come to his company by Yang Hyun Suk, and here I am now, filming for Mix and Match! I'm so excited! Onto another topic now. I read through the comments of my last vlog and some of you were asking questions about my mom's condition, and how we were doing financially. I went to visit my mom one last time before going to the airport, and when I walked into her room, she was awake!" I exclaimed, clapping my hands together. "As for our financial status, well, my dad lost his job, so I moved here to work. It kind of . I miss my parents. In case any of you guys are going to comment on how I look really different, well, a professional make up artist did my makeup and chose my clothes so I would look okay for broadcast," I explained, laughing. Just then, Bobby poked his head in, looking at the screen. "Oh! I noticed some of you are KPop fans, and some are YG stans. Well, let me introduce to you the nine trainees of the survival show, Mix and Match!" I said loudly. I turned the laptop towards each member, telling them to wave hi. I ended the video, saved it onto my account, and gave B.I his laptop back. "You're a Youtuber?" Bobby asked, surprised. I chuckled. "Yeah. Anyways, I have to go back now. It was nice meeting you all! Fighting!" I cheered, before getting up and walking out of the room.

The second round started. I was so amazed by their dancing. Although it was a bit disappointing that the flower had come off of the stem, it was still a great performance. I gave my comments and scores, and sat back. Then YG spoke up. "I want you guys to know that Miss Jung's comments are just to push you guys to work harder. Her scores don't count in the final decision today, but she will have a say in who get eliminated." I nodded along, scanning the trainees' faces. I raised the mic to my lips, "Honestly, I wanted to tell you all when I was talking to you earlier, but I wanted to make this a surprise, I guess? I'm no professional. What I've said today is just to give you a little push so you will work harder to achieve your dreams." 

In the end, Team Jinhwan was victorious. B.I's team was second, and Hongseok was eliminated. Team Bobby's Junhwe and Chanwoo were eliminated, and they all had a sing off. The judges chose to save Junhwe. When the match was over, I went straight to the trainees. "Guys," I called out softly, "I just wanted you all to know that you did a wonderful job, and to not take our criticisms to heart. Instead, use our comments to make yourself better. Grow, with our comments." I gave them a small smile and walked away, back to the changing rooms. I took off my eyeshadow, changed back into my drop crotch pants, and put on my sneakers. As I was about to take off my top, Sunyoung came running up to me. "Julianne! Just wanted you to know, you can keep the outfit you wore today. Consider it as a welcoming gift from the cordi team." I beamed, "Thanks so much!" She then handed me an article of black clothing. "What's this?" I asked, taking it from her. "A One of a Kind pullover. Apparently, G Dragon wanted you to have it," she answered nonchalantly, leaning back against the counter and scanned my face, waiting for my reaction. I shrieked. "Oh my god G Dragon!!!" She burst out laughing. "Tell him I said thank you!" I cried, still amazed by the fact he gave it to me. "Tell him yourself," she winked. I shrieked again. I threw it on, after taking off the white top I was wearing. It was a bit big, but that was okay, because G Dragon!!!!!!!! 

I grabbed my backpack and put on my snapback. I then got confused to where I was supposed to go. I called Lydia. "Hello?" "Unnieeeeeeeee," I whined. She laughed. "Where am I supposed to go? Who's bringing me where?" I asked her. She informed me that I would be leaving with the trainees, and that they would take me to my apartment. Apparently it was right next to theirs. I thanked her and hung up. A staff member appeared, and told me to wait outside for the boys. I quickly thanked him and shuffled outside. I sat on the steps, and looked up at the night sky. Stars glittered. I sighed. New York didn't have much stars, due to pollution. I missed my home. A man walked up to me, and tapped me on the shoulder. I turned, looking up at the figure. "Are you Julianne Jung?" he asked, voice gruff. "Yes," I replied. "Follow me," he said, walking off. I scrambled off the steps and went after him. He led me to a van and opened the door for me. I was greeted with the sight of trainees with teary faces. I gulped. I bowed, and got into the warm car, sitting in the empty seat near the window. The man drove us to their dorm. The car ride was quiet, with an occasional sniffle. When we arrived, I jumped out of the car, landing lightly on my feet. The trainees shuffled out. I stood there, lost. Jinhyung noticed me standing there alone, and walked up to me, guiding me towards the group. "Thank you," I mumbled. I followed them into the elevator and when we got to their floor, my phone rang. The guys stopped and waited for me. "Hello?" I asked, not bothering to look at the caller ID. "Hey, Baek, your apartment isn't quite ready yet, apparently." It was Lydia. "Wait what? Where am I going to stay then?" I asked. "Um, YG told me that you were to stay at the boys' dorm for tonight." "What?!" "Yeah, sorry." I shook my head, and sighed. "Then what about my stuff?" "They're unpacking for you, but you'll find your toothbrush and stuff on the counter in their bathroom. I had to fight to get those for you, so be grateful." I chuckled quietly, and thanked her. I hung up after that and sighed once more. "Is everything alright?" Hongseok inquired. "Yeah, it's just, my apartment's not ready yet.." I mumbled, not looking at him. "It's okay, you can stay with us!" Donghyuk piped up. I furrowed my eyebrows. "Are you sure?" Jinhwan walked towards me and grabbed my wrist lightly, tugging me towards the group. "You don't have anywhere to stay for tonight right? Just stay with us," he said softly, not turning back. "Um.. ok," I murmured. When we got into the apartment, he let go. My wrist burned. I took off my shoes, and just stood there, looking around. "Aren't you going to come in?" B.I prompted. I jumped. "Ah, yes.." 

I sat down on the living room floor with the boys. Bobby broke the silence. "We should settle the age thing, so we know what to call each other. It's awkward calling each other formally." He made a face. "Alright," I replied. "Um, I'm 19." "Really?" Bobby asked, shocked. I nodded. "So, are you okay with all of them addressing you as noona?" Jinhwan inquired. I mentally cringed, but I nodded, after hesitating. Junhwe noticed. "Are you sure?" "I- I'm just not used to people calling me noona, since I've never been to South Korea," I replied. They nodded, understanding.  Just then, I got a text.

To: Shortie

From: Lydia unnie

Hey, Baek. I totally forgot to get your pjs when I got your toothbrush and stuff. Sorry!!!! >////<

Unconciously, I pouted. I grabbed my phone and sent Lydia a response.

To: Lydia unnie

From: Shortie

Unnie how could you D; What am I supposed to wear to sleep now?! ;-;

 

To: Shortie

From: Lydia unnie

sorry bruh idk borrow someone's clothes idk not my business anymore bye

I sighed. "What's wrong, noona?" asked Donghyuk. I sighed again. "Lydia unnie forgot to get my pajamas from my suitcase." "We'll lend you something to wear!" he beamed. The corners of my mouth lifted up slightly. "Let's all stand up first," B.I said. I got up, and looking at the rest of them. I sighed again. I felt so tiny. "Woah noona weren't you taller earlier?" Jinhyung asked. I sighed once more. I kept on sighing today. "Heels," I replied curtly, pouting a bit. "It's okay, Julianne. They're all mean because they're taller," Jinhwan said, crossing his arms and glaring at the others. I giggled. "Since I'm the shortest out of all the guys, I'll lend you something," he said. He went into a room and came out shortly after, holding some sweatpants and long sleeve. He handed them to me, "It gets cold at night." I thanked him, and the other trainees told me to use the bathroom first. I rubbed off my makeup, and showered. I got out and put on my new pullover, and his sweatpants. I rolled them up a few times. I looked around for my glasses, and found them sitting next to the sink. YAS GO LYDIA. I quickly took off my contacts, and put on my glasses. I walked back out, holding all my stuff, and handed Jinhwan his shirt back. "I don't fit it," I said, "but thanks anyways." My face pinked. I sat down on the sofa and put some lotion on. I checked the time. It was 8:46. I got up, and walked over to B.I's room. "Excuse me, B.I sshi, may I use some of the food in the fridge?" I asked shyly. "Huh? Oh yeah, go ahead, noona. Call me Hanbin." I smiled, "Alright. Thanks Hanbin."

I decided to make some food for the guys. I wasn't sure about what they liked, so I decided to make some spicy chicken stew. In the middle of marinating the chicken, I heard footsteps. "What are you making noona?" I turned. It was Donghyuk. "I'm making spicy chicken stew for you guys, as a thank you for letting me stay here tonight." I replied, smiling. Donghyuk grinned. "Aw, thanks noona! How'd you know we like spicy food?" I giggled, turning back to the chicken. "I guessed." "Can I help you with anything?" he asked. I shook my head. "I can do it, but thanks for asking." He walked back into his room. I put all the ingredients into the pot, mixing it with a ladle, and took off the dirty gloves. As it was boiling, I made my way to Donghyuk's room. I knocked on the door. "Come in!" I poked my head into the doorway, after opening the door. Jinhwan was the only person in there. I pouted. "Where's Donghyuk?" I asked. "He's showering. Can I help you with something?" he replied. "Um, I'm making food for you guys, and I need someone to try some, to see if it's okay," I answered, playing with the sleeves of my shirt. "I'll help." He got up and walked towards the kitchen. Using a spoon, I fed him some of the stew. He broke out into a grin, and gave me two thumbs up. I sighed in relief. "What kind of side dish do you guys like?" I inquired, lowering the heat. "Hm..." he mused, "well, we all like kimchi and ddeokbokki." I bit my lip and furrowed my eyebrows. "Anything not spicy?" "Japchae!" he replied, beaming. I chuckled. "Alright, thanks oppa." He hummed. I continued to mix the stew, and I heard Jinhwan clear his throat. "Yes?" "Would you like an apron?" he asked shyly. I nodded softly. He slipped one over my head and tied it for me. I smiled at him, and thanked him. His ears pinked and he walked towards the couch. I giggled, and starting making japchae and ddeokbokki.

The four maknaes washed the dishes afterwards. I sat on the couch, texting Lydia.

To: Lydia unnie 

From: Shortie

Unnieeeeeeeeeee >///////<

 

To: Shortie

From: Lydia unnie

wut

 

To: Lydia unnie

From: Shortie

I'm bored. I don't know where I'm supposed to sleep.

 

To: Shortie

From: Lydia unnie

Didn't you guys settle this out yet

 

To: Lydia unnie

From: Shortie

Nope. Help meh D;

 

To: Shortie

From: Lydia unnie

I can't help you with that lmao srry i'm gonna go now bye

I huffed. Before I could say anything, Bobby ran out of his room with a blanket and pillow in his hands. We all looked up at him. "SLEEPOVER!" he screamed, throwing his blanket and pillow on the floor, proceeding to plop onto it. The others grinned and did the same thing, while I sat there in shock. I then blinked, looking around me. I was surrounded by blankets and pillows. Yunhyung cleared his throat loudly. "So! We don't have enough space on the floor for all of us. Since we have a bunk and a sofa here, Julianne noona will take the bunk, along with Jinhwan hyung, because he's the eldest. Who wants the sofa?" While they were fighting over the sofa, Jinhwan sat down next to me. "Do you want top bunk or bottom bunk?" he asked softly, a little smile on his face. "Bottom bunk." I replied. I sat on the bed, hugging my knees to my chest. He gave me a cozy blanket and a soft pillow. After brushing our teeth, we all went to bed. I snuggled into the sheets, sighing in content.

But I couldn't sleep.