004

Pillar (ON HOLD)

Tablo led us up the stairs and to our seats. I sat down and looked around, amazed. I then realized that I didn't know to put in a score, so I turned and asked San E. He chuckled. "You see this stylus? You just write down the number on the screen and press the submit button." "Ohhhhh. Thanks!" I said. Simon D tapped my shoulder. "Yes?" I asked, swiveling my chair so I was facing him. "Pass these mics down." I took the microphones from his and passed it down one by one. YG tapped his mic. "Today is the day of the collaboration match. Trainees, please come up the stage." The nine boys shuffled up onto the stage. I looked at them one by one. They look evem better in real life. Jung Baekhee get a hold of yourself! 

"...shall we begin with out first performance?" YG finished. I blinked and leaned forward in anticipation, a smile on my lips. Team Jinhwan performed a musical edition of 'Treasure' by Bruno Mars. Tablo and Gray gave their comments and scores. As San E was critiquing, I payed attention to how he spoke and what he said. I nodded, agreeing. I raised my mic to my lips and was about to speak, when all of a sudden, YG spoke up. I turned towards him. "You guys don't know who she is right?" The trainees all nodded, looking at me confusedly. The boss clicked his tongue, "Well, I personally invited her here and to our company. Miss Jung, please introduce yourself." "Ah.. y-yes.." I stuttered, turning back to face the stage. I stood up, bowed, then sat back down. "Hello, I go by Julianne Jung, and I'm a dancer from New York City. Um.. I used to take vocal lessons when I was younger, and I make dance covers on Youtube. Uh, yeah I think that's it.." I introduced, laughing a bit. I cleared my throat. "Anyways, about Team Jinhwan's performance, with Akdong Musician's Lee Soohyun. It was very fresh, and cute. Your performance gave an innocent vibe from all four of you. Jung Jinhyung sshi," I said, looking down at the clipboard in front of me, "your voice is very clear. It's pleasant to listen to, and your English pronunciation was the best out of the whole team. However, it seems as if you aren't very confident, so your voice doesn't come out the way it should. Build up confidence, and you'll do fine. You blend in well with the others." "Thank you," Jinhyung said, bowing. "Song Yunhyung sshi, I feel like you rushed the part where it goes, 'pretty girl pretty girl you should be smiling', so it came out all jumbled up. I'm not sure if it was out of nervousnees or not, but if it is, relax! Have fun on the stage! To be honest, back in New York, I watched WIN and Mix and Match, and I must say, you've improved a lot. Your tone is more solid, and you look like you enjoy the stage now," I continued. "Thank you!" Yunhyung exclaimed, with a smile on his face. I grinned. "Kim Jinhwan sshi," I started," I really like your voice. Your facial expressions are great; they aren't too much, which is a wonderful thing. As a team leader, I think you did fine. However, I feel like there wasn't enough focus on Yunhyung sshi and Jinhyung sshi. Sure, there were parts for them, but they had a little less then what they should've had. Overall, you guys did great, and I enjoyed your performance." Jinhwan thanked me, bowing. Ugh he's so squishable. My cheeks pinked. "My score is..." I picked up the stylus and wrote an 92. 

My turn came to comment on Team Bobby's performance, in which they sang 'Let's Get It Started' by Black Eyed Peas. I picked up the mic and started. "Your stage gave off a vibe that you guys are cool and chill, and just want to have to a good time. But, Jung Chanwoo sshi had like, no lines. Even though they have nice and powerful voices, Koo Junhwe and Jang Hana seemed like the main stars. I understand that Fergie had a lot of lines in the original, but it could've been changed so that all of you guys could be the main stars. Chanwoo sshi, you seemed to be running out of breath during your line, and it gave off the impression that you squeezed the last few words out. Please work on your breathing techniques. And also, you look kind of, out of place, on stage. Koo Junhwe sshi, out of all the trainees, your voice is the most powerful. I like it. It's husky, but strong. I have nothing to say about you that's negative." Junhwe beamed, bowing and thanking me. "Bobby sshi, your stage presence is no joke. It empowers over everyone else. Your rap was strong. As a team leader, you did great. Overall, great performance." I gave them an 88.

Team B.I did a cover of Let It Go. Personally, it didn't fit my taste. "This cover of the hit song from Frozen, didn't fit my taste. There could've been another melody in between the first verse and the chorus. The bridge was too short. B.I sshi, I liked your rap. Kim Donghyuk sshi, your voice is soft. Sweet. Pleasant. You and Jung Jinhyung have the best English pronunciation. You articulated clearly, so that was good. Yang Hongseok sshi, your voice is good, but you look kind of awkward on stage. Your movements are stiff and don't flow. Who was the arranger?" I asked. B.I replied that it was him. "Donghyuk and Hongseok could've had some parts together, so they could harmonize. The former didn't have enough lines. To sum up, it was a unique performance, but it just didn't click for me." I gave them an 82.

Break arrived. I got up and stretched out my arms, bending my upper body. The other judges pat me on the back, complimenting the way I gave out my comments. I thanked them. The boss walked up to me. "Miss Jung, if you would like to see the dance videos, to familarize yourself with the moves, go to the trainees' waiting room and ask to borrow a phone or laptop," he said. I nodded, and he walked away. I walked down the stairs and with the help of a kind staff member, I found their waiting room. I took a deep breath and knocked. "Come in!" someone hollered. I opened the door and cautiously walked in, scanning my surroundings. My eyes fell upon the sight of all the trainees sitting down on the couches. "Oh my god h-hello!" I exclaimed, shocked. I hastily bowed. They scrambled up to their feet and bowed. "Would you like to sit down?" asked Jinhwan, gesturing to the empty seat next to him. "Ah... y-yes, thank you," I mumbled, my face pink. Awkward silence followed. What was I doing here again? "Oh right!" I blurted, clasping my hands together. "Do you guys happen to have a laptop or phone I can borrow?" Yunhyung fished out his phone, and handed it to me. "Thank you, Yunhyung sshi," I said, receiving his phone with two hands. "Just call me Yunhyung," he replied, smiling," after all, aren't you under YG now?" "I don't know," I confessed. "I haven't signed a contract yet. I literally just met Yang Hyun Suk right before the collaboration stages." The others looked at me with interest. "When did you get to Korea then?" B.I asked, leaning forward. "Um.. I got off the plane, and then came straight here." I replied. Bobby's jaw fell down. I giggled. Using Yunhyung's phone, I went onto to Youtube and looked up the three dances, that the boys will be dancing. After I was done, I handed it back to Yunhyung. "Well, we have about ten minutes to kill, so let's introduce ourselves and play a little game or something," Bobby suggested. "I'll start," said Hongseok. "Hello, my name is Yang Hongseok, and I'm one of the new trainees. I'm a vocal and the second oldest." "Hello, my name is Jung Jinhyung and I'm a new trainee as well. I'm a vocal and the second youngest." "Hey wassssssssup the name's Bobby and I'm from the States. I'm a rapper." I laughed. "Hi, my name is Kim Donghyuk, and I'm the youngest in Team B. I'm a vocal." "Hello I'm Team B's killer vocal, Koo Junhwe." "Hello, I'm Jung Chanwoo and I'm a new trainee. I'm a vocal and the youngest." "Hi there, I'm Yunhyung, and I'm a vocal." "Hellooooo I'm the leader of iKon. I'm a rapper and my name is B.I." A soft voice followed.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you. My name is Kim Jinhwan."

 

 

 

A/N: HI GUYS I edited some stuff in Chapter 3 and here so go check it out!!