Let's be friends

Sweets for my love

Glancing at the beautiful girl standing in front of us, dressed in a lacy mini white dress with her silky hair plaited down the side. She was absolutely stunning in my fifteen year old eyes, I had never seen a girl so pretty before. She was like a fallen angel that had left heaven, wandering on earth filled with us mortals, lusting for her beauty.

 

Her milky porcelain skin with a touch of rosy blush on her cheeks was perfect. It was glowing in the dim moonlight dazzling into the balcony. I can’t help gawping at her crimson lips that was curling into a smile, it looked so tasty. It reminded me of the cherry blooms mousse I just eaten from the buffet table spread in the centre of the whole ballroom, its unique sweetness that had melted in my mouth leaving a subtle flowery scent lingering at the tip of my tongue. Nice.

 

“Yay, Jo Kwangmin.....Stop being so rude, don’t stare at her like some dessert on the plate. You’re such a disgrace.....” he commented mockingly, nudging my chest with his elbow. “Mianhae. Sorry for my brother’s peculiar attitude, he’s always easily carried away by beautiful things.  Hi, I’m Youngmin, Jo Youngmin, the son of Jo’s wedding enterprise. This is the birthday present from my parents and us. Happy 14thbirthday to you, noona. I hope you like it” he said sincerely, passing her the small exquisitely wrapped box resting in his palm as he flashed her his signature smirk that was made to soften every maiden’s heart.

 

Following his lead, I blinked my eyes and raised my head to greet her. “Noona, Saengil Chukha haminda....I’m Jo kwangmin. Nice to meet you..” I continued meekly, rubbing my neck nervously as I reach out my other hand to shake hers.

 

Taking my hand in a firm grip, she gazed at us musingly as her orbs narrowed into a crescent. “Ohhh, so you are the famous Jo twins that appa wants me to marry. Aish..........who am I supposed to choose?? The confident playboy or the timid weirdo........ kwangmin, what do you think??” she chuckled sarcastically which made goosebumps crawled up on my skin. She didn’t seem any friendly.

 

There was a spark of hostility flaming in her eyes and I can’t understand why, it wasn’t as if we want to be part of this arranged marriage too. We were still too young for this kind of stuff but our appas seem like the idea of us getting to know each other first. They want our companies to merge in the future; our wedding planning services and their cake designing and fashion facilities so that we could build a wedding hegemony that caters everything from the planning to execution of every little details needed to send the couples off on their honeymoon.  That’s why we are here, attending her magnificent birthday party, meeting her for the first time.

 

“So how... Jo dongsaeng..what do you suggest???”

 

“I.....I......”  I don’t want to marry you. Nor do I want Younggie hyung to marry you. He’s mine. Stuttering wordlessly, I felt my hand quivering and I didn’t dare to face her.

 

“BAE SUZY NOONA, you don’t have to choose at all..........we don’t intend to marry you so please let go your grip off kwanggie.” Youngmin scoffed, snatching my hand away from her. “I will never like a rotten apple like you, nor would kwanggie. No matter how beautiful you are on the outside, you are just an empty foolish doll that does nothing but listen to your parents. I bet a rich girl like you can’t do anything but shop, eat, dress prettily every day like a flower on display, isn’t it.” he chuckled, eyeing her up and down in disgust.

 

“I despised girls like you most” he scoffed, rolling his eyes.

 

“Damn it, you don’t know me, JO YOUNGMIN…..who are you to judge me..I’m not a useless rich girl.”

 

“Whatever!! Who cares anyway. I’m not interested in you” he answered sarcastically, wheeling his gaze away from her to meet my eyes. He glanced dotingly at me, reassuring me with his grin knowing that I was probably taken back by her words. My heart fluttered in his concern gaze but I can’t return him a smile because I felt bitter. He was right, girls like what he mentioned were pathetic but I was nothing better than the girls he described.  I’m useless.  I wasn’t like him helping out in our father’s company because I’m a black sheep; I created more problems every time I wanted to do something. I was a father’s boy; I listen and do everything he said because that is the least I can do to make my father happy so that he does not need to worry about me. I am a rose protected in a greenhouse even my younger brother is more independent than me. I just a weakling that would hide behind him when anything happens. I will never be a person that he would ever love……………..

 

“Kwanggie..Gwenchana??? ” he asked, cupping my cheeks in his palm. Glancing at his face inches away from mine, I felt heat rushing up my cheeks. I could hear my heart thumping crazily against my ribcage and words to push him away were jammed up my throat. I don’t want him to let go of me but I know this wasn’t the right time and place to do so because I felt a pair of burning glare directed straight at us.

 

“Huh, I finally get it, you don’t hate rich girls like me. You just like timid guys like him, don’t you?? You are gay for your brother……” she chortled in rage, pointing her fingers at him. “You are si……”

 

“What!!!” I gasped as my jaws dropped in bewilderment. Youngmin likes me, she must be blind. What kind of joke that is?? It can’t be true even though that was what I’ve always wished for. Shaking the futile thoughts forming in my head, I try to steal a glimpse of him through my eyelids but before I would get a good look of him. A strong tug s my waist, pulling me into an embrace. My eyes widen as his lips pressed against my skin, and his way down my smooth neck. Intuitively, my hands flew into his locks pulling him closer so that he would intensify the kisses was showering me.  Feeling his tongue gently traced the contours of my collarbone, I felt sparks of electricity jolting up my spine as seductive moan escaped my lips. I gasped eagerly as he marked me, leaving trails of amorous hickeys on my skin. His hands started ing my shirt when a high-pitched screech broke the silence of the night causing him to finally break apart from me.

 

I stared at him in daze as I my neck. Totally clueless about what had just happened. What did he just do??? What the heck is he up to?? My brain was still trying to figure out the answer when his low huskily voice rang in my ears. “Kwanggie, she saw through us. What should we do” he questioned fretfully. Glancing into his glittering orbs engraved with mischief, I immediately understand what he was trying to do. He was putting on an act and made up my mind to go with the flow.

 

“Younggie, stop joking. Didn’t you promise to keep our relationship a secret?? Why did you….did you ki….” I was stuttering a lie when his hand covered my mouth silencing me as he turned to face her. She was cupping her bushing face that was tinted red after witnessing our heated deed.

 

“Suzy noona, I love him.” Youngmin announced, sliding his hand across mine, intertwined our fingers together. “We really can’t marry you. Because I’ve promise Kwangmin I’ll marry him when we grow up.” he confessed lovingly as our gaze interlocked. His confession made my heart skipped a beat even when I know he was lying. “I love you too, Younggie” I mouthed genuinely to him under my breath, hoping that he would know that I really mean it; I love him truly from the bottom of my heart.

 

“Do you really mean it??” Suzy questioned Youngmin sternly with eyes sparking with curiosity as she nibbled on her nails. Gawping intensively at us, she waited anxiously for his answer as blobs of sweat glistened on her forehead.

 

“Yes....we’re not joking....” he blurted after taking in a deep inhalation.

 

“Yay!!!I’ m free......I don’t need to marry both of you. Hurray!!!! “ she yelped in joy and start spinning in circles with a bright smile gazing her lips. Glancing at her hysterical performance, a smirk curled up my lips while Youngmin broke out in chortles. So she hated the idea of an arranged marriage too, no wonder she shows such profound hostility towards us from the start.

 

“Youngmin, Kwangmin. I liked your courage to admit that you’re together even if it is an love. Let’s be friends okay...” she announced, clutching on to our hands as she flashed us a puppy-looking teary gaze. “Please....please....I’ll be your first supporter...”

 

“Sure, noona as long as we are just friends and nothing more, it’s okay. Right Kwanggie” Youngmin asked and I nodded my head in agreement. “Yeah, Suzy noona....” I replied in return.

 

Friends were what we became from the first day we met her but things slowly changed once she entered our life. Although, Youngmin and I continued to act as a couple in front of her to prevent our arranged marriage from becoming a reality but our frequent gatherings, gradually made our innocent hearts and feelings evolved into something more complicated.

 


Author's notes:

                         For anyone who does understand this chapter, it is Kwangmin's flashback of his first meeting with Suzy after he lose consciousness, so the following few chapters would tell the story of their past.

Hope you enjoy reading it. Remember to comment and subscribe okay, they are my motivations and I really need it to continue this story. Thanks alot.

Just a note, the hitatus for the story just means that I can't update because of my other commitments such as my current exams and assignments. So sorry for that.

 

Comment reply@

LaughOutLoud: I know it’s dramatic, I hope you don’t hate it. I think kwangmin will tell the truth eventually it is just a matter of time.

rantie: I starting to tell the story now, I hope you will understand what happen after reading it all. Kwangmin loves Youngmin definitely.

Pikajae: Sorry, it’s my habit to use alot of dots, I will try to change but no promise because sometimes I would forget it. You are almost right but you will fully understand when I tell you their past so keep on reading.