34

Cheaper by the Dozen

“Aigooo…. Aren’t you a cutie?” Said someone as he pinches the person’s cheeks who were sitting in front of him.

“Yah! Sungjae non pabo! Can’t you see with the way I dress? I am not cute! I’m cool.” She smirks and she pulls her collar shirt up a little.

[How I picture Ren Xin dresses. Hehe. -A-]

“Come on Ren Xin. We both know who you truly are.” He teased as tap her nose. Ren Xin gives Sungjae a death glare. Normally, for those who hardly know Ren Xin and she give you a death glare – you should be scared as she will murder you – figuratively speaking. But nope, the “death glare” doesn’t work on Sungjae. Instead he sticks his tongue out and grin sheeply.

“Shikkuro Sungjae!” She commands; making Sungjae releases a sigh.

“Kid, I am older than you. I am 29 years old this year and you? Not even 17 yet right?” He teased and continues. “Can you at least show some respect and call me oppa?” He asks as he looks at her with high expectation.

“Arssoh. Arassoh. You are 12 years older than me. There for I will show my respect, ah-jus-si” She teasingly bows down 70 degree – like the young ones do when they meet their elders such as their grandparents. Sungjae just watch her with unsatisfied look. He can’t be bothered to argue with this girl anymore, therefore he form a knuckle on his left hand and hit her head. He then smiles looking very satisfied. “Yaaaah! You –“

Before she could scold her, she saw a guy behind Sungjae. All she could do was just staring at the guy. Sungjae frowns slightly as he wonders why isn’t she scolding or better yet cursing him for what he had done. Slowly, he turns to face where Ren Xin was looking at. “Junhyung?”

“Yo.” Junhyung answered.

“Wha –“ Sungjae was about to asks a question when Ren Xin’s phone rang. It was her eomma telling her to come home saying that she has a visitor.

“Bianneo ahjussi-ah, I have to go. Emergency. Bye.” She grins excitedly and left. Sungjae just groan slightly and send her by the corner or his eyes.

“Aigooo…” He sighs. He then look back at Junhyung. “So… why are you here?” He asks.

“Wae? Can’t I – whom happens to be your bestie, come to see how his pal is doing?” He asks sarcastically. Sungjae just smirks.

Suddenly Sungjae sights fade and turn to pitch black – which also made him jumps a little. Sungjae tries to feel what seems to be blocking his sight. It seems to be a pair of hands covering his eyes. “Guess who Sungjae-ah.” She speaks up.

“Haa? Who are you? Let go! I can’t see anything!” He scolds angrily. Upon that she releases her hands. He instantly turns and looks at the person who suddenly covers his eyes. “EUNSHIN!!!???” He yelled shockingly. But she wasn’t as excited as she was when she saw Junhyung. She just stands there looking down.

“Eunshin?” Sungjae called and tries to take a look at her face. “What’s the matter?” He asks in concern. She releases a deep sigh.

“It’s just that… ever since I came here, all I have been receiving was cold reply and rejection. What did you that made you and Junhyung hates me?” She finally expresses her feelings.

“Rejected? Eh no no no. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt your feeling. I was just shock when someone suddenly covered my eyes. Chongmal Bianneo neh?” His voice changes into soft tone as he tries to comfort her. She nod her head. “Hmmm… you said cold reply huh? I bet I know who that is from…” Said Sungjae and eyed Junhyung. Junhyung widen his eyes at Sungjae giving him some kind of signal. Sungjae frowns slightly as he doesn’t understand what his pal was trying to say.

“Later” Junhyung answered simply. Eunshin look at Junhyung in confused. But she put that behind her and take a sit next to Sungjae.

“Hyungseung-ssi, please, sit down.” Said Eunshin politely. He nod. But he let Junhyung sits first therefore Junhyung is sitting next to Sungjae and Hyunseung sits next to Junhyung. He didn’t want to sit next to Sungjae because he doesn’t know who he is and the three of them seems very close and he don’t want to make things awkward.

“So…what brings you here Eunshin-ah?” Sungjae asks happily.

“Well…” She told Sungjae what she has told Junhyung earlier. “Then we were changing cabs like 4 times

“2 weeks huh? Wow! I’m sure we’ll have great times.” He smiles excitedly.

“Did you guys miss me?” Eunshin asks just to see how they react. Eunshin glance at Junhyung first, but all he did was just shrugged and make faces. Eunshin look down for a moment as she bites her lips. Sungjae whom is sitting in the middle, between then could surely see her reaction changes and instantly speaks up.

“Are kidding me? Of course we miss you. It has been 10 years okay! Far too long! We only heard of you through internet, radio or television. You didn’t send us any letter or text. We thought you have forgotten about us. *sob sob*” Sungjae exclaims and made crying sounds.

“Awww…. I miss you guys too! You both mean everything to me.” She stands and hugs both of them. Sungjae smiles upon her action. However Junhyung just sit there giving no reaction. She releases the hug as she pout a little. She then noticed something. “Ah! Hyunseung-ssi. I am sorry. I almost forgot your exsistance. Sorry if you feel left out.” She apologies and bow 120 degree.

“EH?” Hyunseung looks at her in confuse. “Ahh. Aniyeo. It’s quiet alright. Sorry if I’m a nuisances and disturb your reunion.” He answered and bows back.

“Ah! Aniyaaaa.  It’s practically fine.” She said being her humble self. While Hyunseung and Eunshin were talking to each other, Sungjae and Junhyung talk among themselves – in bro-code… even though I haven’t had the slightest clue what is the bro-code? ^_^

(Translation of the “Bro-Code”)

“What were you trying to say before?” Sungjae asks.

“You still love her?” Junhyung asks back. Sungjae hesitate at first. “Well…?” Sungjae just nod. “And you still wonder why am I being cold towards her?” He asks again.

“What do you mean?” He frowns a little.

“Tch~” Junhyung replied feeling rather annoyed because of the fact that his ‘best pal’ here is very slow sometimes. Junhyung then turn to face Eunshin. “Eunshin-ah…” Junhyung called.

“Hurmm?” Eunshin instantly look at Junhyung.

“Do you have a boyfriend now? It has been 10 years now. Surely you have someone special.” Junhyung asks randomly.

“Ehhhh?” Eunshin was rather shock with his question. Sungjae shoves his shoulder asking what is he trying to pull. “Errmmm… well…”She looks down. She then gains all her courage and look back up at face Junhyung. “My feeling has been the same since 10 years ago.” She answered couragesly.

“I see.” He answered simply and turn back to face Sungjae. Eunshin began biting her lips, trying so hard not to cry.

“Ah, Eunshin-ssi?” She quickly look at Hyunseung.

“Deh?”

“What do you do for a living?” Hyunseung asks trying to distract her. She then start talking again with Hyunseung.

 

(Back to bro-code)

“Now do you understand?” He asks. Sungjae nod in understanding. “The thing is, it’s not that I don’t love her. I do Sungjae-ah.” He continues making Sungjae’s eyes widen.

“Y-You do?”  Sungjae asks worriedly.

“Yeah. BUT! ~ I love her not more than my best friend. She is like a sister to me.  Besides, I know you still lover her right?” Sungjae nod again as his tongue suddenly feels numb and he finds it hard to speak.

 

“By the way Hyunseung-ssi, what is your relationship with Junhyung? How did you two meet?” Eunshin asks randomly.

“Ehh? Ermmmm…. Well, we –“

“He is my boyfriend, Eunshin-ah.” Junhyung simply answered. The three of them instantly stands up, frozen and clueless. “Why do you sound surprise baby?” Junhyung asks as look at Hyunseung curiously as he also stands up.

“You are joking right Junhyung-ah? Cause if it, it sure is not funny.” Eunshin stands up and stand in front of Junhyung – shaking.

“I wish it was, but all are true. We are together.” Said Junhyung as he grabs Hyunseung’s hand and hold it firmly, like a couple. Hyunseung just sits there, blink his eyes few times. “Remembered what you say before leaving Sungjae and me, 10 years ago?” She shakes her head. “This is what you said and I quote - I will return and I’ll make sure that you will be head over hills for me so till then don’t accept any girl’s feeling neh.” So, I didn’t accept any girl’s heart, instead I accept his.” He simply answered.

Without any thought, Eunshin pushes Junhyung down to the ground, “I HATE YOU!” she screamed out and runs away.

“Eunshin-ah! Wait!” Sungjae look at Junhyung for a second but then he runs after Eunshin.

 

Hyunseung slowly crouch down and tries to help Junhyung back up, but he pushes Hyunseung’s hands away. “Let me be.” He shouts and he hugs his leg feeling rather upset.

 

 

[Flashback]

“Listen here Sungjae-ah, whatever happened after this, do not question or say anything. All you need to do later is just chase after her when the times come.” Junhyung suggested.

“Haaa? What do you mean?” Suungjae asks filled with wonders.

“He is my boyfriend, Eunshin-ah ~”

 

 

“Junhyung-ssi….what was that all about?” Hyunseung asks – hoping Junhyung doesn’t yelled at him.

“All I want to do is help them and instead I just made my best friend hates me.” He buries his face between his knees. Hyunseung instantly went down on his knee to the ground hugs Junhyung from the side. Junhyung simply just lean his head on Hyunseung’s shoulder.

 

So in the end… Junhyung is not as bad as you think. All he wants is his best friends to be happy together.

How is Eunshin and Sungjae you may asks? Well… that is another story.

 

Don't you just love how y James Franco look? 

 

I made a little cameo of RenXin - which will on later on with her lover, Eunkwang. hehe

Thank you for your comments Ren Xin-ssi.

-A-