Her Promise To Her

She Knew

                                                                                                       

 

 

 

The first fight may had ended on a good note but it didn't deter more from happening. However, bitterness of quarrels wasn't all that they shared in their status-less relationship. Ever since the first and also last that Irene granted them permission to let the three words slipped, the older one had been more sensitive towards Seulgi's feelings, which the latter couldn't feel more thankful for. She knew it wasn't easy for either one for them but she wouldn't want it any other way with anyone else. 

 

 

 

A cup holder was placed hastily on the table Seulgi was studying at for her final examination of the year as Irene passed by to serve other customers sitting a few tables away. She picked up to see a rabbit and a bear sitting side by side, hands intertwined with a heart in between the happy faces. It was obvious Irene took some time in doodling. 

 

 

 

"A serious girl is a charming girl & it makes my heart throbs. Work hard, seulbear!" 

 

 

 

The line beneath the characters read. It was such instant that helped Seulgi relieved her academic stress, also one that proved that in all subtleness, Irene's feelings for her were clear. She liked how rabbit and bear became a thing of theirs, characters that represented them each. Looking at her phone casing which was a gift from Irene, she smiled. Nobody would relate them because she had one with a rabbit while the elder one had one with the bear, but to them, it was a connection that only they knew of. 

 

 

 

A finger poked at her cheek when a figure walked past again. When Irene returned back behind the counter, she signalled a reading motion, then pumped her fist lightly as an encouragement to Seulgi who was grinning from ear to ear. She couldn't understand how can one be so adorable and she blamed it on her heart that can't help but be attracted to such sweet gestures. 

 

 

 

"Happy birthday, Seulgi.”

 

 

 

They were at Irene's house, full from the delicious dinner that Irene cooked and well cuddled up on the couch with dimmed lightings as the movie screened. The elder one had her back against the front of the younger one, comfortably leaning on the shoulder and was occasionally pampered with kisses on the crown of her head. Seulgi was originally focusing on the show, letting Irene mindlessly playing with her fingers when a cold sensation slipped through her finger as she heard a soft wish. She looked down at her hand, only to see a ring on her third finger. Unknowingly, she let out a gasp.

 

 

 

Irene didn't speak, just bringing the hand up to press her lips on the accessory with no designs. Minimalism had always been their style and she would like to maintain that. She gave the birthday girl some time to process the situation while tilting her body slightly because she wanted to watch the girl's expression. She couldn't help but to giggle at the surprise face and a mouth ajar. Reaching out to caress the face, she diverted Seulgi's attention from the ring to herself. 

 

 

 

"Do you like it? It has our initials on the inside, like this."

 

 

 

With her free hand, Irene fished out the necklace from the inside of her shirt, displaying the exact same ring joint to the chain. Lights may be low but Seulgi could see the alphabets of their names craved on the inner circle. Her heart was racing and she swore it would be listenable if it wasn't for the show that was still airing. 

 

 

 

"This is crazy..." 

 

 

 

If Irene didn't know better, she would have thought that her gift wasn't well received. She caressed the still ajar mouth instead, pressing in to replace her fingers with her lips. It finally brought Seulgi back to her senses as she reciprocated with eagerness to express her heartfelt gratitude. 

 

 

 

"You said you are crazy over me, and so am I. I am utterly crazy over you too. You told me you never want us to be nothing, so here's a promise ring from me to you, Seul. This tie between us may be a grey area but here's my promise that we will be anything you want us to be." 

 

 

 

That was Irene's way of declaring her love without actually mentioning the word and Seulgi understood perfectly. She was touched beyond what tears would relieve and she didn't want to cry anyway, it would probably take her some time before she can stop the water works so better to never get it started. 

 

 

 

"How can I ever thank you enough?" Seulgi dawdled her nose against Irene's. "Together, we will be indestructible." 

 

 

 

Six months into their special bond, they celebrated the first birthday together. Six months of bittersweet times, it mould their hearts tighter. Six months into the journey that none of them regrets, Seulgi was gifted a promise ring that they would be anything together. 

 

 

 

Six months of everything and Irene knew, Seulgi brought the best out of her. 

 

 

 

***

 
AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Everyone deserves some fluff in life. PLEASE LEAVE ME A COMMENT, it keeps me motivated and I read all your comments too! Thank you~ :) 
As an author writing about realistic world whereby homophobic exists, it is obvious that I'm a supporter and also part of the LGBT community. It saddens me to know about the Orlando mass shooting.
Love should have no condemn. 
Love shall win. 
💖💛💙💚💜