[Jonghyun/fluff] When he's stressed and takes it out on you

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

It seemed to be a long day, especially since you wanted to surprise Jonghyun. You counted the hours and grew even more impatient as time seemed to go by slower and slower as minutes passed. “Just wait until he gets back home so I can tell him the good news,” you thought. “He’ll be so excited.”

So you knew how much he liked watching anime and one he wouldn’t stop talking about was One Piece. He was always asking you to watch it together with him but you kept telling him that you would someday. Today was someday: you actually had some free time on your hands. You remembered his request and decided to start watching the anime and surprise him when you told him about it.

After a long day, the door finally opened. You felt his familiar footsteps as he approached the living room where you quietly sat waiting. As he came into view you beamed, “You’re here.”

“Yes, I live here,” he replied. His voice bothered you a bit. It was lifeless. Maybe he was feeling tired. You decided he needed some cheering up.

“Guess what I did today?” you prodded, hoping he would get curious and ask.

“I’m not a mind reader,” he said in such a dry tone the Sahara desert would’ve been jealous. This bothered you even more but you decided to keep going and get to the good part.

“I started watching One Piece today.” You stood up and walked closer to him to get a better view of his reaction. “I really liked it and I was wondering if we could watch a few episodes together now that you’re here.”

“Do you think I’m just going to sit down and watch anime when there are more important things I have to do?!” His voice came out louder than you expected. “Besides I asked you to watch that with me a hundred times before.”

“I just-” He walked right past you, not letting you finish what you were saying. Your eyes widened in shock but anger followed soon after.

“Fine! I don’t even know why I even bothered watching that for you when you obviously don’t even care!” Your voice cracked at the ending of that sentence and tears came quickly. With a blurry vision, you went directly towards your room and slammed the door shut, locking it in the process. This made Jonghyun realize what was happening: he had really hurt you.  Nervously, he ran after you, only to find you had already locked the door. “Jagiya….I’m sorry. I’m stressed and I’m acting stupid. You know we’re having a comeback and we’re practicing until morning I’m just tired and being an idiot. I’m really sorry, please open up.” When you didn’t answer, he added, “I think I could really use some One Piece to clear my head. Come on, let’s watch a few episodes.”

You slowly opened the door to a relieved Jonghyun, who quickly pulled you in for a hug. “I’m sorry. I can’t believe you did that for me, plunging into the One Piece world when I wasn’t here to properly explain things to you.” By the end, his tone had turned playful, making you smile. He cupped your face in his hands and gave you a soft kiss and smiled. “This is going to be fun, let’s get to it.”  With that said, he pulled you into the living room like a little kid.

 

-tiffawol