[Onew/fluff] When you surprise him by making him dinner for the first time

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

"The fansign just finished, we’re getting in the car," Onew informed you over the phone. "It should take me about 20 minutes to get there."

"Can’t wait," you answered, the butterflies in your stomach going crazy.
Laughing a bit, he admitted, “Me either. Once I get home, we’ll go out to eat, okay?”

"Alright," you pretended to go along. He didn’t know what you had planned for this evening. "I’ll see you in a few minutes. Love you."

"Love you, too." He hung up.

So you only had about twenty minutes until he came and you still had a few things to finish. Today was a special day. You had always been dying to cook something for Onew, since he loved to eat so much but you never got the chance. Most of the time, you went out to eat or you met for such short periods of time because of his schedule that you didn’t even eat anything together. Luckily, today SHINee’s schedule ended up earlier than ever after their last fansign. Since you knew he would be pretty tired from such a long day of activities, you decided it was the perfect opportunity to show him your cooking skills with a homemade meal.

You’d went all out for this one, you wanted to impress him. You made from a variety of Korean dishes to Western dishes. He loved food so much, he lived for it and you just wanted to see your boyfriend happy as he ate the food you made for him.

The clock ticked faster and you hurried your pace, starting to set things on the table as the last dish was near completion. You placed your finest china on the table, along with the best silverware, and took out two wine glasses and lastly the best wine bottle you owned. The timer rang and you went to check if the food was finished, glancing at the clock and realizing you only had about eight minutes left. You gave it a quick taste, burning your tongue in the process and set that on the table as well. Looking at the table full of plates smelling delicious, you patted yourself on the back. It had been a success.

You ran to the bathroom for a quick shower after hours in the kitchen. Putting on your best perfume and nice clothes, you then made your hair into a bun, looking pretty sophisticated. Time didn’t allow you to do anything more actually. You threw on a pair of black pumps and headed towards the dining table to make the finishing touches.

Stumbling as you ran, the doorknob suddenly moved, making you stop on your tracks, trying to look as normal as possible as Onew opened the door and saw you smiling.

"Surprise," you greeted him.

His eyes lit up immediately as he contemplated the sight. “Jagiya, you made all this?”

Nodding, you motioned for him to step closer to the table, so he could see for himself all that you’d spent hours preparing. He took it all in with a huge smile, his eyes full of amazement. “Wow. This looks delicious.”

"I always wanted to cook for you," you admitted, when suddenly he took you by the waist and kissed you swiftly.

"Thank you. This is the best thing anyone’s done for me."

Blushing madly, you told him, “You’re welcome.”

Excited, Onew pulled his chair and sat down, eyeing everything on the table trying to decide what to eat first. He took in a bite of one of the Korean dishes first.

"This is amazing," he marveled. "You’re the best cook out there."

And you were pleased with yourself, since that was all the reaction you wanted to see from him.

 

-tiffawol