[Sunggyu/fluff] When he gets home stressed and takes it out on you

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

Lately, Sunggyu had been coming home very late due to his hectic schedule. Infinite was preparing for a comeback in less than two months so it required for them to stay at the dance practice room until dawn. It had been a while since you two had even talked. Since most of the time he finished so late, he ended up sleeping at the dorms with the guys, only to wake up and get to practicing once again. You wanted to just sit back with him for a while and just talk, and hear his voice.

You waited…and waited…and waited for hours, hoping that he might actually get a break and come back home early so he could rest properly. You worried so much he would overwork his body and cause him fatigue. Leading a group wasn’t as easy as it seemed either. All the responsibility rested on his shoulders and you were sure that added even more to the tension he must’ve been feeling at the moment.

All that waiting turned out to be in vain. It was already past 11 pm and there was still no sign of Sunggyu coming. You remember having your last thoughts about him as your eyes betrayed you and you ended up falling asleep.

~

You woke up to the sound of the entrance door closing shut. The clock beside your bed marked 12:34 am. He was surprisingly early. You jumped out of bed impatiently and ran over to greet him.

“Go to sleep, it’s late,” was his way of saying hello. He’d thrown his bag at the doorstep. His eyes seemed tired and his voice was not sounding like it normally did. With shoulders slumped, he made his way into the kitchen, completely ignoring you. Probably so you would go to sleep as he said.

The cold gesture upset you a bit, since you had been missing him so much, but you figured he just needed some comforting. He had been working hard all day. He could use some support from his girlfriend.

 He opened the refrigerator and started looking for something. You approached him from behind, without him noticing, and slowly wrapped your arms around his waist, resting your head on his back. You took in his scent, which you hadn’t had around you for days.

Suddenly, he shook off from your grasp and you looked up at him to see what was wrong. “I need some space, okay?!” His voice came out louder than any of you expected. “I’m trying to think and I can’t with you clinging to me!”

His words were like daggers cutting straight through your heart. You knew he was tired but you never thought he would react in such a way, much less towards you. You refused to let out the tears that were threatening to fall.

“You need space? Okay, I’ll give you space.” You stormed directly towards the bedroom and took out a suitcase from your closet. You threw it on the bed and opened it, starting to take your things out from the drawers. A panicked Sunggyu materialized next to you.

“What are you doing? Where do you think you’re going this late?” His voice was now full of worry, no trace left of the anger you’d felt in it a few minutes ago. He started taking out your stuff from the suitcase just as you put it in. “Don’t do this.”

“I’m doing what you asked.”

“I didn’t mean that at all. It was all the stress talking. Don’t leave, I need you now more than ever,” he pleaded. You were still trying to decide if you believed him when he took what you had on your hand and threw it aside, pulling you in for an embrace. “I’m sorry.”

“I just…I just wanted to make you feel better,” you managed to say without your voice cracking.

“I know, I know,” he said, resting his head on yours. “I promise, even if the world seems to be falling on my shoulders, I won’t ever talk to you that way again.”

As soon as he said that, you looked up and gave him a quick peck on the lips, making him smile and know that all was forgiven.

 

-tiffawol