[Sungjong/fluff] When your boyfriend breaks up with you and he cheers you up

[Compilation] SHINee/Infinite Scenarios

Tapping your hand impatiently against the table, you looked around and there was still no sign of Sungjong anywhere. You looked at the time again. He was already 7 minutes too late. Your mind immediately started wondering if something had happened.

He said there was an emergency, so there was no way he could be late. Just when you were starting to stand up and go look for him yourself, the café door opened making the small bell above it start ringing softly. He looked around and, when his eyes met your gaze, made his way towards your table. Calmly, he pulled his seat and sat down in front of you.

Why was he acting so calm? His voice sounded so distressed over the phone. Panicked, you asked, “What’s the emergency? Did something bad happen to one of the members? Or someone else you know?!”

He simply nodded, looking a bit upset. But he didn’t say anything.

“Who is it?? Tell me what happened, Sungjong,” you demanded.

“It’s…,” he paused. “It’s you.” Taken aback by his answer, you almost yelled back at him for making you worry so much. “I’m the emergency?” you asked. “Why?”

“You haven’t been doing well since you broke up with your boyfriend,” he said, making you flinch a little. That was still a delicate subject which you were not ready to talk about. “You’ve been locked up inside your house. That’s not healthy, we need to talk about this.”

It was very difficult for you to admit things out loud. But you could trust Sungjong, so you decided to tell him what was bothering you. “It’s just…why?? Did I do something wrong? Am I not pretty enough? Am I not good enough to date?” Your eyes started to well up with tears and he looked at you with eyes full of concern. He shot up from his seat and offered his hand. “Follow me.”

Hesitantly, you took his hand and he led you out of the small café. “Where are you taking me?” you asked. “Just come on,” he replied.

He didn’t let go of your hand as you walked for a few minutes without seeming to have a destination. Just when you thought he had definitely gotten lost, he went into a beauty salon and dragged you in. The lady who came over to receive you apparently knew Sungjong. He gently pushed you in front of him. “You know what to do,” he told her.

The lady guided you to an empty seat. “Close your eyes, and promise you won’t peek.” You looked at Sungjong who encouraged you to do as she said. So you did and waited for what was going to happen.

You felt her hands tug at your hair for a while. Then she proceeded to softly apply things on your face. You were tempted to open your eyes and see what she was doing but knew better than getting scolded by her for opening your eyes without permission.

After what seemed like a long time, you felt a light tap on your shoulder and you knew what that meant. You slowly opened your eyes and were surprised at the sight in front of you.

Who was that pretty girl staring back at you from the mirror? It surely looked a lot like you. Her hair was styled perfectly, falling in waves over her shoulders and down her back. Her make-up was done so subtle and naturally, it barely looked like she was wearing any at all. She looked like a doll.

Sungjong appeared next to you then. “You really didn’t need this. You’re beautiful just the way you are. I just wanted you to notice it for yourself.”

You didn’t know what to say. You felt like crying out of gratitude and joy but you forbid yourself, not wanting to ruin your make-up after so much effort was put into it.

“That guy was just really blind not to see it like I do. Don’t beat yourself about what happened, he doesn’t deserve a great girl like you. The pain will go away soon, I promise.” He offered his hand again so you would stand up. But this time, he put out his arm so you could slide yours through and, arm-in-arm, you started walking together out of the salon.

You whispered a “Thank you,” and his lips curled up so you knew he had actually heard you very clearly.

 

-tiffawol