Chapter 47

Perfect for ME

Alison's POV

It's been a while since we've graduated. I established my own book cafe. It was a bookstore that's incorporated with a cafe. Book lovers, teenagers, students often visit this place, must be because of the unique ambiance the cafe gives. Of course, I used my own savings for the capital, but I won't be able to pull this off alone, my parents also helped me with the money, and since Peniel graduated with a degree in Business Management, I hired him as a manager, so you could say we both own this cafe.

Lina was still studying, as she proceeded with medicine, Chen, Tao, Xiumin and Lay were now professionals and are working in different companies here in Seoul. Kai now owns a dance studio, his dad had it under his name as a graduation gift, thus he is now a dance instructor. Chanyeol was a composer and song writer, while Kris was now a model. Sehun runs a bubble tea store with Luhan. D.O and Suho were back from America, Suho's now an architect, he helped me plan this cafe, as well as Luhan and Sehun's , we owe this to him. D.O and Chanyeol were business partners, D.O helped Chanyeol and made guide songs for him. And as for Baekhyun, I don't know, for all I know, maybe he didn't come back, maybe he found a job there and was living peacefully at the moment. The boys didn't tell me anything. Even Suho and D.O who were there with him didn't have a clue if he had any plans to go back to Korea.

But ever since we've graduated and had our own jobs, we still kept in contact with each other, except for me and Baekhyun, of course, so once in a while, my friends would visit the cafe and chit chat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Shin Alison" Peniel called.

I went to the back area where he was and answered "Yes? What's the matter?"

"We're running out of some stuff, can't you go to the supermarket to buy some?"

"Eh? Why would you let me buy it? You can ask either Dongwoo oppa, Hoya oppa or Woohyun oppa with that." Being my lazy old self again.

By the way, we hired workers too, our business was prospering and it was better if we had more helping hands in case we need to. They were Nam Woohyun, Jang Dongwoo and Lee Howon but he prefers to be called Hoya. I knew them from my University years, during my 6-months On the Job Training they were good sunbaes to me and helped me a lot. It was a bonus that they were all good looking, students, well girls, flooded the cafe just to see them, but don't be decieved, these boys are also dorky.

"Yes Alison? I heard you mentioning my name." Woohyun peeped.

Peniel glared at me.

"Nothing oppa, Peniel said we were running out of stuff so he asked me to go to the supermarket, I just wanted to ask you for the list." I said and looked back to Peniel.

Peniel smiled "Good girl, stop being lazy" he whispered and patted my back.

"I can accompany you there, you've got a lot of stuff to buy and you won't be able to carry it alone Alison" Woohyun offered.

"Really oppa?!" I beamed.

"Yes, I'm sure Hoya and Dongwoo will be able to handle everything while I'm away"

"Oppa, you're the best brother!"

"Hey! What about us?" Dongwoo and Hoya chorused.

"Of course oppas, including you both!"

"Yah! I'm your real brother here!" Peniel said.

"Eh? Really?" I joked and made faces "okay then real brother, we'll be heading out now"

"Bye Dongwoo oppa and Hoya oppa! Fighting!" I said before we left.

Woohyun and I went to the supermarket to buy what we needed, Woohyun drove the car while I was busy bobbing my head up and down with the rhythm of the music that was playing.

We reached the supermarket and Woohyun grabbed a cart as I held the list, he was following after me.

"Oppa, what would be better? This or that?" asking his opinions on things I wasn't sure about.

Woohyun, Dongwoo and Hoya treated me like a real sister since I was the only girl and even the maknae in the cafe. They all protected me, but Woohyun paid special attention to me, probably because he longed for a sister, you see his sister died when his mom was giving birth to her and his dad always treated his mom gently, protectively, his dad always respected his mom, probably one of the reasons why Woohyun treated girls well. He was also lucky that he found a girl who was like a missing puzzle piece, they just fit really well together.

"Oppa! Thank Seungyeon unnie for me" I said while we were waiting for our turn to pay.

"Wae?" he asked in confusion.

"She bought me a dress, she said I need to look like a lady"

"She's totally right!" he replied.

"Yah!" I playfully punched him and he returned a playful headlock.

We went back to the cafe and worked. By 9pm we closed the cafe and went our separate ways.

Peniel and I still lived together, he drove the car as I listened to my ipod and played a specific song on repeat -- the song that reminded me of Baekhyun.

"Alison" Peniel muttered

I got the other earphone out from my ears so I could hear him properly "what?"

"You still don't have any news about Baekhyun?"

"What's with this random talk about him Peniel?"

"I just remembered it's supposed to be your anniversary today"

"Haha, it's been a long time Peniel, and you know that, but to answer your question and satisfy your curiosity, well, I haven't heard from him ever since"

"He's back Alison" he said with a calm voice.

I was shocked at the sudden information "are you joking?" I chuckled.

"I'm not." this time he said it seriously

"Really? Well, good for him" I said and listened to my ipod again, staring at the window blankly.

So he's back huh?

Baekhyun's POV

I'm finally back in Korea after studying abroad with Suho and D.O, they came home first and I was left in the States due to some matters, and now I'm back.

EXO planned to get together once I was back, and as usual we went to Kai's place. Everyone was already there waiting for me, except for Kris, said he had a photoshoot to attend to and will catch up after it ends, he said he wanted to eat some food when he arrives but there was none available at the moment.

"Baekhyun-ah" Suho said.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Can't you buy some food? We're gonna be starving here, there's no supplies"

"Why me?" I argued.

"You brought your car, duh? Please?" D.O continued.

"Araso, Chanyeol come with me" I said and went to the supermarket.

We arrived at the supermarket and started to look around for food supplies. I heard a familiar voice as a couple passed by "Oppa, what would be better? this or that?"

You're hearing things now Byun Baekhyun It can't be, you're going crazy now.

I took a peek to make sure, and there was a familiar figure walking with a guy.  I closed my eyes, thinking it was all an illusion.

First you're hearing things, and now you're hallucinating, must be because of the date Byun Baekhyun, right, our anniversary.

I opened them and looked to the side where they were, they weren't there.

I tried to brush it off but something inside me told me to search for them, and so I scanned the place with my eyes, there, I found them near the cash register as they were waiting in line, she was there, the girl I knew so well, she was laughing with a guy, I guy I'm unfamiliar with, they were even throwing playful punches and headlocks, they look so sweet, there Byun Baekhyun, there she is.

"Yah Byun Baek, let's go to the next aisle, we're done here" Chanyeol tapped me and I got out of my trance

"Is there anything wrong?" he asked.

"No, let's just get this over with" I replied.

Chanyeol and I went back to Kai's, and Kris was already there.

We were all hungry so we started digging in, but still that image I saw, it was stuck in my mind.

See that Byun Baekhyun? It worked, she got over you, she really did, she's happy now. But why does it hurt seeing them like that? Why? Who are you kidding? You know the answer very well, you just keep on denying it.