Chapter 49

Perfect for ME

Please listen to this - it would really add to the emotion and replay it if you like :)

Alison's POV

I woke up late, probably due to the tiredness last night, I opened Peniel's room, he wasn't there, yeah, I figured.

I took a shower and put on my clothes, a simple tee, denim shorts and sneakers would do - my usual style. I hang my hair loose, too tired to even tie it properly.

Peniel took the car, so I had no choice but to take the bus going to the cafe.

I rode the bus and went down at the bus stop, while walking to the cafe, I happened to pass by a fastfood chain so I decided to buy a burger and a mocha coffee, heh~ the same as when Baekhyun bought me breakfast. I smiled. Did I just think of that? Oh Alison.

I rushed out and walked faster, I was almost at the cafe when Peniel called me on my phone, I struggled to look for my phone in my bag, I was walking with my head hung low and I arrived at the cafe, still looking for my phone, I bumped into someone, and books soon started falling.

The ringing stopped. I put my burger and coffee at the nearest table and squat down to get the books that fell.

"I'm sorry, I was busy finding my phone in my bag that I didn't look where I was going." I apologized.

"It's okay, I'm--"

"There's no need to introduce yourself, it's not like we're going to meet each other again, Seoul is a huge place, and there are lots of people in this city. Here, nothing's missing right?" I said and handed out the books.

I literally froze in my spot, there he was, right before me.

"Those words, those were the same words you told me, 5 years ago." he said.

Baekhyun's POV

I decided not to go to work today, I was a CEO at a company, I was tired, and I already gave out instructions to the employees anyway, I trusted them, and their performance was excellent, so there were no added headaches.

I wanted to get some fresh air, so I drove around the city, while driving, I saw a particular cafe, it was pretty unique, a bookstore within a cafe, I decided to stay here, it gave off a nice ambiance.

I parked my car and entered the cafe, I saw the guy that was with Alison earlier, he was at the counter, and he took my orders.

"Woohyun hyung, Alison's still not here?" Peniel asked when he went through the door, he was from the room at the back probably.

His eyes widened. "Baekhyun?"

"Peniel?"

We greeted each other and he rushed to the back, he dialed numbers as fast as he could and I just brushed it off.

I got some books and started walking to a table when someone bumped into me, causing my books to fall.

 

"I'm sorry, I was busy finding my phone in my bag that I didn't look where I was going." she apologized

"It's okay, I'm--" I squat down and helped her, trying to get to know her, this person seemed familiar, but she cut me off.

"There's no need to introduce yourself, it's not like we're going to meet each other again, Seoul is a huge place, and there are lots of people in this city. Here, nothing's missing right?" she said while we both got up and she handed me the books.

It seemed like time stopped for the both of us as we literally froze in our places. There she was right before me.

"Those words, those were the same words you told me, 5 years ago." I finally said.

I got the books, and she finally spoke "Baekhyun"

"Alison"

"Enjoy your stay, I've got work to do" she said and walked off.

No, I won't waste this chance, I finally saw you and you're not just walking away from me, I grabbed her wrist "Don't go, please, listen to what I have to say first" I said.

"What are you gonna say? Say it now, I'm busy, I don't have all the time in the world" she said, her back facing me.

"Please Alison, let's talk" I said and escorted her to a seat located at the very corner, where people really didn't mind going to.

We both sat there, awkward silence filled the air.

"Talk, you said you had something to talk about." she said sternly.

Does she really hate me?

"I broke it off the first time Alison, those words and actions, I didn't mean it. Trust me" 

"I've figured" she shrugged.

My eyes widened by her statement, what did she mean?

"I realized everything Baekhyun, after a few years I then knew your real intention"

"So you knew?"

The day after Alison asked for a last chance, I received a text from her, she said she knew this wouldn't be easy but she'll try her best. At that moment, I've realized, I was going away, I was leaving, and I knew this wouldn't be easy, I texted her, Alison, this morning, when I woke up I realized that I don't want you anymore like I did before. A tear fell from my eyes, it hurts to imagine what her reaction would be, but I wanted her to hate me so that she'd forget me first, so that she'd be able to erase all her feelings for me. With that thought in mind, I cried.

I went to school, and found EXO at the classroom, I asked them where Alison was, they said she was crying at the comfort room, we intentionally passed by the moment she came out, we were laughing, she looked at me, and I didn't mind. Yes, I was a cold blooded freak during those times.

I knew for sure she was crying, and I wanted to hug her and kiss her and make the pain all go away, but I can't, I resisted the urge, I knew what I did was wrong, it was probably inhumane, but it was for her, I knew that it was the wrong way, but I can't think of anything else.

During our class recollection I saw her cry, I could literally hear my heart breaking, I can't resist anymore, I approached her and hugged her, and for the last time, I told her I love her.

During the general cleaning, I told Lina and Jia that I knew she blocked me, and they teased me because I had checked her profile. I saw her near the door, and saw Suzy and Min, I gradually went closer, and Suzy teased me about standing on stage with Taeyeon.

I knew how Alison was jealous of Taeyeon, I was aware of that, and I knew that she heard everything, that she was hurt right then.

Gradaution ball came, I posted something about saving the last dance, I wanted Alison to be my last dance, I really wanted her, but I was too shy to even face her, I was afraid that maybe my emotions would get the best of me, and so I avoided her. The ball ended and we went to grab some drinks, Tao was there, Taeyeon too, and Alison suddenly pops in, she avoided me as I avoided her, and I could see in her eyes she was hurt. Believe me, at that time, I wanted to tell her it's not what she thinks, I wanted to tell her that Tao dragged Taeyeon along, but I can't. I wanted to chase her and hug her, but I resisted.

Graduation day, not even a word was said, I saw her, I found her, but I didn't approach her, I wanted to hug her, kiss her, and bid goodbye before we don't see each other, it was suffocating me, frustrating even. I wanted to tell her how much I still love her, to wait for me, but I can't. Not even a single text, she changed her number, I knew, but I didn't get to text her.

Days after graduation, we started preparing for our papers, they had a gathering and we couldn't come, I puposely texted Taeyeaon, knowing she'll be there, I know I'll hurt Alison again this time, but I need to, I was torturing myself. I was hurting her, the girl I love, suffering because of me, how could I?

During my last days here in Seoul, I knew she was suffering, Lina told Kai and Kai told me everything, knowing she was crying because of me, I can't help but hate myself, but I ignored the pain, I wanted her to hate me, so that she could move on and forget about me, so that she'd have her life back and won't have to look out for me while I'm away. It doesn't matter that I'm hurting, yes, it hurts to think that she'll hate me, but it's better that way.

University years, I focused on my studies, girls confessed but I turned them down, not a single girl caught my attention, who was I kidding? I still loved her, and she was always in my heart, no one could ever take her place.

During our anniversary dates, I could remember her, I'd flip over the scrapbook she's given me, with tears streaking down my face, oh how I missed her, I missed everything about her. EVERYTHING. Tears started to blur my vision and I just can't help but sob, it hurts, everything hurts.

I didn't want to see her, thus I gave every lame excuse I could think of when EXO invited me to go out every time I returned to Seoul, I was afraid that my feelings would show, I was afraid of everything, I was a coward.

The song we used to call 'ours' would be the most frequently played in my ipod, it soothed me every time I was in pain, I'd think of her beside me and telling me to stay strong, I hope she was waiting for me, I hope she doesn't hate me, but that would be impossible right?

I kept on telling everyone I was okay, showing the best pokerface I can, I buried my feelings deep inside my heart, and I tried to forget her.

I graduated with flying colors and went back to Korea, with the tiny bit of hope that maybe, just maybe, she feels the same way for me, that she still loves me the way I love her.

"I've figured it out, I despised you Byun Baekhyun, I really did, but the moment I figured everything out, the moment I realized you're intentions, I felt lighter." she said.

"I've been away, too far, too long, 4 years, 5 years even, but I still feel the same way as the day I first met you, the day you bumped into me the day you gave me that cold response."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I still..." I closed my eyes "I still . . . love you"

Her eyes widened in shock, she wasn't expecting that.

"Always did." I ended.