Chapter Three.

The Devil Inside Me

VOCAB WORD FOR TODAY! 
COMPELLED Force or oblige (someone) to do something.

 

03; Dinner With The New Neighbors

 

"He's the new neighbors son. Well, one of them. The other one is in the bathroom." My mom smiled. 

I just stared at Zelo as he smirked with crossed arms. I heard the water running from the upstairs bathroom. Oh no.

"Thank you for letting me use your bathroom Mrs. An– Oh, hey Sukyung-ah." Yongguk smiled brightly, showing his gums. 
"Er.. hey, Yongguk-ah. What are you doing here?" I asked, a little uneasy. 

Considering the thought that just a week ago, Yongguk and Zelo wanted to kill my Mom because she was annoying. If I hadn't came home now.. Who know's what they would have done to her during the time I was gone. 

"You all know.. eachother?" My mom asked while drying her hands on a dish towel. 
"We went to high school together." Zelo said. 

My mom smiled and nodded while placing Lemons onto the counter top. Zelo immediately turned to the Lemons as Yongguk tried holding him back. 

"Naekkoya~" Zelo outstretched his arms towards the Lemons as I giggled. 
"Zelo-ya, I don't think Dad wants you to eat Lemons before dinner." Yongguk tried puling back Zelo, but it didn't work since Zelo had already grasped onto the bowl. 

"Just let the poor boy have some Lemons. They're fresh too Zelo-ah." My mom brightly smiled. 

I turned to her, surprised that she had called him 'Zelo-ah'. I hugged my Mom's arm, following her to the stove where there was kimchi jjigae being made. The smell was so intoxicating that I had forgotten what I was going to say, so I just stayed hooked onto my Mothers arm like a little kid. 

"What are you doing honey?" My mom asked with a little laugh. 
"Eomma, when did you get so comfortable with them?" I curiously asked. 

My Mom looked up to gather her thoughts of being comfortable with the boys. She stirred the kimchi jjigae while rewinding the time of when Zelo and Yongguk first rang the doorbell. My Mom was taking forever to remember as she kept stirring the stew. I slouched and just waited for her answer. 

"Hm, 2 hours ago. They are some bright boys don't you think? They always have a warm smile on their faces." My Mom complimented them. 

I had wide eyes and my mouth was nearly half open. Can you believe what just came out of my Mom's mouth? 'They are some bright boys don't you think? They always have a warm smile on their faces'. Blehhh~ what in the world. 

"Eomma, are they staying over to eat?" I asked, fearing that she would say yes. 
"Of course. We always invite neighbors to eat over at our house. That's a tradition we always follow." My Mom reminded me. 

Then I remembered something. Oh no, don't tell me my Mom has the hots for Jin Pyo Ahjussi. I looked into my Mom's eyes without being noticed and she had a twinkle in her eyes. This time, I felt like literally barfing or bawling in this case. What is all this nonsense spilling out?!

"Sukyung-ah, I can't wait to go to school with you." Zelo singsonged. 

I smiled a little and nodded uneasily. Yongguk helped my Mom set the table, but when my Mom handed Yongguk the butter knives and forks. That's when I immediately grabbed it out of his hand, setting down on my own. Yongguk had an amused expression on his face because of what I just did. 

My Mom left for a while to grab the stew as Yongguk and Zelo were left with me in the dining room. I decided to take a shot at it and warn them to not try anything funny on my Mom.. or me. 

"Looks like you remember what we said a week ago." Yongguk looked up from setting the table with a smirk. 
"Of course I remember. I need to make sure you don't kill the women that's making you dinner. Remember, she's the women that helped you come into my body. So you better watch it Mister." I threatened Yongguk by using the butter knife to point at him. 

Yongguk raised his hands up in the air over his head, with a teasing expression of fright. I smirked and finished setting down everything. 

"Ha-Ha, very funny Yongguk-ah." I fake laughed as my Mom came through the door. 

Yongguk followed along with a fake smile while Zelo just shrugged. 

We all took our seats and chowed down on the delicious food my Mom had made. 

  
lol dat yummy goodness. :3

We had all finished out wonderful and amazing korean food my Mom had made as she set out to go to sleep. My mom slept early sometimes because I don't know.. she was just plain tired all the time since I'm never with her during the day.. I never know what she's been doing nowadays. 

I turned to see the small digital clock on the microwave and it read 8:30PM. Yongguk and Zelo stood up while rubbing their stomachs as I laughed. 

"We'll see you tomorrow then Sukyung." Yongguk said before walking out with Zelo.
"Seeya." I waved, following them outside. 

Today seemed like an awesome day. I mean half of it was pretty awesome since I'm just going to exclude the part where Zelo had compelled me to buying him cake; very harshly too. Yongguk wasn't here half of the time even though he's usually causing trouble. I wasn't controlled that much, just this morning. I met Jin Pyo Ahjussi and he seemed pretty nice.. to me at least. Now their my neighbors.. living on the right side of our house? I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure I'll find out soon. 

 

 

Let's all just hope that I don't need to kill another person. 

A note suddenly fell to the gorund without me noticing as I went up the stairs to my bedroom. The note read: 

 

You can't hope. 
                                                                                        You will have to kill another...soon.

×anonymous.