Oppas and Others

A World Apart from Mine

Lunch time, you and Cho Young went to the cafeteria to grab lunch. The first thing you noticed upon entering the cafeteria was the crowd of girls left to right, stealing glances on a table at the end of the cafeteria. You immediately thought of who were sitting at the table. Cho Young grabbed your arm and led you to the line.

"Geez, don't these girls grow tired of breaking their necks staring at guys who obviously do NOT have time to look back at them?" she said. You looked at her.

"Wow someone's grumpy today. What happened to you? Yesterday you were very skippy dee doo daa and now you're so grumpy. PMS-ing aren't we?" you . She looked at you with cold eyes. You held your arms out. "Just stating something I observe." you added in defense. After getting your lunch, you made your way to find a table. As usual, the farthest table from Exo was available. You were more than happy to have a somewhat "reserved" table everyday.

"So, this Saturday, wanna go hang out? Mall? Coffee? SHOPPING?" Cho Young asked with a sudden change of voice. You looked at her funnily.

"Sure. I'd love to." you said. You ate your lunch. The both of you talked about things.

"Hey you never kept your promise! Cheater!" Cho Young said. It made you chuckle.

"Oh right.. Wanna go meet Luhan oppa now?" you asked. She was taken aback.

"Luhan.. as in Luhan Exo?" she asked with wide eyes. "How do you know each other?" she added.

"He's my childhood friend. You know, the one I talked to you about. Remember?"

"Omo! I didn't know that he was Luhan of Exo. Aish, I should be ashamed of myself for getting jealous of him." she said and pouted. You chuckled.

"Aniyo, I didn't know that he was part of Exo that time either. I didn't even know he studied here." you said honestly. The two of you continued on with your lunch when someone called your name. You looked up.

"Miji-ah, want to sit with us today?" Luhan asked smiling. You looked at Cho Young and caught her blushing in front of Luhan's handsome face. You snapped a finger in front of her. She came back to reality.

"What do you say, Cho Young-ah? Want to sit with Exo?" you asked at her. She shyly nodded.

"Well then, let's go." Luhan said. The two of you stood up from your chairs and followed Luhan. Girls were bickering with one another.

"Omo! Who are they?"

"Why are they with Luhan oppa~"

"Omo so lucky."

You could hear side comments from every girl in the cafeteria. For once, you didn't feel comfortable around Luhan. You stopped at your tracks. Cho Young and Luhan looked back at you confused.

"Oppa I don't think it's a good idea if we sit there with you.." you whispered. Luhan laughed.

"Don't mind them, Miji-ah. You're a close friend of Exo. You don't have anything to be shy of." he said "besides, everyone misses you. Especially Kai." he added teasingly.  You blushed a little. The three of you continued towards the other end of the cafeteria. When you looked at the table, you saw everyone smiling at you. You smiled back and sat.

"Oh, guys I want you to meet my best friend since birth and counting, Cho Gwan Young. Cho Young, this is Suho, Lay, Minhae-unnie, Luhan oppa, Kai oppa.. and who am I kidding, I know you know them all already." you said with your arms crossed over your chest and a pout. They laughed at the same time.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Cho Gwan Young, you can call me Cho Young." and with just that, Cho Young clicked with the gang easily. The 15 of you talked about a lot of things, ranging from your childhood with Cho Young, up to the present.

"And that's why we decided to never be separated from each other ever. We couldn't live without the other's company." Cho Young said and looked at you. You smiled at her warmly.

"How come you call Luhan and Kai oppa when you just call us with our names?" Suho asked you. You looked at him.

"Waeyo? Is there something wrong with the way I call you?" you answered back.

"You should call us oppa too~" Tao cooed. Sehun high-fived with him.

"Yeah, you should, Miji. We're older than you." Xiumin and Chen nodded with each other. You sighed.

"Ne~ Arasso, Exo oppas~" you said in a flat tone.

"Hey she's only allowed to call Luhan hyung and me that." Kai said. You blushed.

"Waeyo, we're all older than her." Sehun stuck his tongue out at Kai. Kai shook his head.

"You can call me Kris oppa too, Cho Young-ah." Kris winked at Cho Young. Cho Young chuckled and shook her head.

"Being as cocky as ever huh, Kris?" she smiled at him. He frowned.

"You weren't that mean when we were in middle school." Kris said. You looked at Cho Young with a what-the-hell-is-he-saying look. She shrugged her shoulders.

"Fine, Kris and I were classmates during middle school." she stated. Your eyes widened.

"MWO? Why didn't you tell me that before?" you asked.

"I didn't think it would be important and besides, I didn't think Kris and I would meet again here."

"Yah, you're hurting my feelings you know." Kris said and looked at you "don't believe her. We were more than classmates back then." Kris added and winked at Cho Young. She rolled her eyes.

"How come you never told me you had a boyfriend in middle school? You're such a cheater! I even told you about-" Sehun cut you off.

"So is it true that Miji-ah never had a boyfriend.. Ever?" he asked attentively. You looked at him with a what-the-hell question.

"YAH! Who told you I never had a boyfriend?!" you commented. They laughed. Kai looked at you and smiled. You glared at him. Sehun didn't mind your glare, and just waited for Cho Young's answer.

"Hmm.. I know she had one.. when she was five years old. HAHA." Cho Young spilled. You hit her arms lightly in embarrassment.

"YAAAH! That was our secret!" you shouted. Luhan looked at you and laughed.

"Sooo was he good looking like me?" Kris asked cockily. Cho Young looked at him and looked at Luhan.

"Hmm.. Judging by his appearance now, he's a little bit more handsome than you." Cho Young said and smiled at Luhan. Luhan bowed in disbelief. Everyone except you looked at him.

"Luhan hyung?! You're her childhood boyfriend, too?!" Sehun gasped loudly. Kai felt a little pinch in his heart.

What the hell? Of course they weren't serious. They were just kids! it up, Kai!

You were really embarrassed by the sudden spill of your secret. You shook your head.

"A-aniyo that was a long time ago, and I'm pretty sure we were just doing it for fun." you stated. Luhan looked at you and smiled weakly.

"Funny, I took it seriously though." he said. The rest of Exo's and your eyes widened. You looked away to hide your crimson face. Kai felt his heart clench.

Luhan hyung, you're not serious are you?


After lunch, you proceeded to the locker rooms to change your uniform. When you entered the room, you saw a familiar bag on top of one of the benches. You immediately knew that the girl the other day was there. You carefully made your way to one of the cubicles, careful not to come in contact with any of her things. After changing, you walked out of the cubicle. You saw her in her ballet tights, while doing her hair in a sleek, tight, high bun. She caught your eyes and looked away from the mirror and faced you.

"Oh, hello, the girl from the other day." she said plainly.

"Uhh my name's Kim Miji. And you are?" you asked with a friendly manner.

"I am Hwang Ullie. But I prefer my English name Zara." she said. You thought you heard the name Ullie familiar. You just couldn't remember where you heard it before.

"So, what class are you from?"

"1PA-5."

"Oh, I'm from 2." you said attempting to befriend her.

"I didn't ask you though. Good bye." and with that, she walked outside. You blinked your eyes in disapproval.

She's really rude. For a pretty girl like her, her attitude . You made your way to your class.


After some rounds of the Black Swan's "Perfection", your teacher gave you a 10-minute break. You sat on one corner and thought of the girl earlier. You were usually nice to strangers so you were confused on how she treated you. Kai saw your troubled expression and went to sit next to you.

"Hey." he said.

"Hey."

"What's with the long face?"

"Uhh, nothing."

"Miji, I'm not your oppa for no reason."

"Well the girl I talked to you about, you know, the one who said rude things to me.." Kai's face fell in slight contempt. He really didn't like it when others did or said rude stuffs to you. You were so kind that he didn't know why people would say such things to you. And he knows you're not the type who lies and makes others look bad.

"Well.. I met her again in the locker room, and she's also into ballet."

"Did you catch her name now?"

"Yeah.. Uhh I think it was Hwang.. Hwang Ullie?" you said while thinking of the name. Kai's face froze. Images of that day appeared in his mind.

"Ullie. The girl who turned me down." he said. Your eyes widened in recognition.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I forgot about her."

"No reason to be sorry for. What did she say to you?"

"Nothing really, she just.. I tried to befriend her but she doesn't want me to."

"Yeah she has a thing for rejecting people who try to care for her." he said with a sarcastic smile. Your eyes softened.

He must still care for her.

"I uhh.. the class is starting again." you said and got up.

You noticed that Kai was not in his proper state while the two of you danced to the music. You knew that the Ullie girl was bothering him. So after classes, you walked up to him. He looked at you with a weak expression.

"I uhh, sorry for bringing her up. I better leave now.. Clear your mind and don't mind about her much, Kai oppa. Arasso? Fighting!" you said and left the room. He followed his eyes on you until you exited.

With just like that, you make me feel a lot better, Miji.


Kai was walking down the building's stairs when a familiar figure walked in front of him. His body straightened up.

It's her. It really is her. What is she doing here? I thought she moved away?

Ullie looked at him and smirked. She walked away.

Pssh. Same-old same-old Hwang Ullie. Note to self: remind me why I fell for her once.

Humming, Kai made his way out of the building and headed home.


-YOUR POV-

Dear Diary,

Aigoo~ such a tiring day. Sorry if I haven't updated you for a while. I was just caught up with school that I didn't really have time. Mianhae~

Anyway, I introduced Cho Young to Exo today. (not like I needed to though since she already knows them) There were A LOT of secrets spilled. Ballet class' a lot of fun these days. We've already started with the actual dancing and it feels really good especially with an amazing partner. Kai's a really good dancer.

Speaking of Kai, I met his first love today at school. Yeah, he talked about her once, when we went to the farm but I never expected that I would actually see her in person. She's really pretty and has a nice body. I really bet she's a model. She's quite rude though. Too bad. And she's a Sui Generis girl too. Happy me. Sui Generis is really stepping up in the bag industry, ne?

So.. I think that's all for today. I'm kinda tired from all the swaying and jumping around. Aigoo~ I could use a nap.

Wonder what Kai oppa is thinking... Hmm..

- Kim Miji ♥


Chapter 14, done. :)

Sooo Ullie's back. :(

Stay tuned, yes? ♥