Welcome Back?

A World Apart from Mine

 You arrived at the Incheon Airtport. Oh crap. I want to go back to the Philippines.

You knees were like jello. Every step you took made it harder and harder for you to breathe.

Why.. Why did he kiss her? I thought he hated her..


IN EXO’S LOUNGE

“Oh .” Chanyeol said in exasperation. He buried his face on his palms. Everyone was quiet. Some were still staring at their phones. Minhae and Cho Young stared out blankly into the air. Sehun and Luhan had their fists clenched. Luhan was usually the calm type but not today, not now.

Kai entered the room, he didn’t want to let anyone know about what happened yesterday, especially his friends. Little did he know, he was not the only one who knows what happened. Heads turned to face him. He blinked at them. Oh , I smell something bad. He bowed his head. Sehun stood up from his seat. He approached Kai. Kai looked at him. Sehun clenched his teeth.

One.

Sehun punched him and left the room. Everyone gasped in shock. Sehun, who was their innocent maknae puched Kai in the face. Luhan stood up and approached Luhan. Kai was anticipating another blow. He opened his eyes when he noticed that Luhan didn’t hit him.

“I trusted you with one thing. Why did you have to screw it up?” Luhan said, his brown eyes piercing through Kai.

“Let me explain-“ Kai started only to be cut off by Luhan. He glared at Kai one last time before heading out. Kai was left there, all 11 pairs of eyes staring at him. He slumped down onto a chair and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Man, you’ve ed up haven’t you?” Chanyeol said. Kai looked at him then to the rest of Exo.

“I didn’t.. Ullie was the one who grabbed me. You know I would never do something as stupid as that.” Kai said. Everyone believed him. If Sehun and Luhan only listened to him first, they would’ve believed him as well. But their anger got the best of them. Everyone knew Kai loved you dearly and he would never do anything to hurt you.

But things happened, and they didn’t know how to handle such thing. Cho Young approached Kai and patted his shoulders.

“I trust you, Kai, I know you would never hurt Miji-ah. Just give Luhan and Sehun time to cool off. I’m sure they would realize sooner or later that you did nothing wrong.”

Kai wished Cho Young was right. He didn’t know how to confront you when you arrived. He didn’t know what to feel if he sees you again.

You were back to you house in Seoul and your mom was more peaceful now knowing that your grandpa will be okay. You have waited for this moment for three weeks. But now, you didn’t seem to be as excited as before.

You spent the whole day lying on your bed, staring at the ceiling. The image of Kai and Ullie flashed in your mind, and you shook your head fervently to get rid of it.

Should I call Kai? Did he change his mind about his feelings for me? Tears were continuously running out from your eyes even though you didn’t force them to. Can things change that easily in three weeks?

You thought of your debut night. You didn’t know why you felt that you wished you have chose Luhan instead of Kai. But you like Kai, and you know your choice was right. Maybe not now, but you were sure of what you were feeling.

You woke up and your room was already dark. Omo, did I sleep that long? Just as you were rubbing your eyes, your phone vibrated.

Hey Miji-ah. Did you arrive safely? :) Cho Young asked. You forced yourself to smile.

Ne. I’ll be going back to school tomorrow. :) you replied. Part of you didn’t want to go to school but that was not in your control.


The next day.


You were walking towards your first class with Cho Young. You entered the room and locked eyes with her. She smiled weakly at her, and you smiled back. She didn’t act all crazy and hysterical when she saw you again after three weeks, which made you feel sadder than you already felt.

“Hey Miji-ah.. How are you?” she asked. You looked at her and forced to smile.

“I’m fine. Had fun in the Philippines. How about you?” you asked her. She blinked at you before answering.

“Uhh, I’m fine.” she said and laughed awkwardly. You wanted to ask her something so you did.

“Uhh, how’s Exo? Any happenings lately?” you asked, trying to hold back the tears. Do they know about Ullie kissing Kai?

“Huh? Oh, Exo. You know, same old same old. Haha.” she said and laughed awkwardly again. Guess they don’t.

Lunch was rather awkward too. No one even spoke. Kai, and Sehun weren’t around. You swear you could feel something was up and they weren’t planning on telling you what it was. No one even greeted you a proper good morning or “welcome back”. They were making it obvious to you.

“Come on guys, we can’t be awkward like this forever.” you said while poking your lunch. They looked at one another before someone spoke up.

“W-what do you mean, Miji-ah?” Chanyeol tried to hide the panic in his voice. But because he has a deep voice, saying that in a rather pitch higher made it even more suspicious. He quickly bowed his head as Baekhyun hit him.

“They kissed didn’t they?” you said, your voice trailing off. Xiumin choked on the water he was drinking. Everyone turned to look at you. You had a weak smile and watery eyes. They looked worriedly at you.

“M-Miji-ah, I’m sorry..” Cho Young said. You stopped her.

“It’s no one’s fault.”

“He didn’t do it, I can tell you that.” Lay assured you.

“Yeah, it was Ullie who kissed him. You know he wouldn’t do anything bad to you.” Minhae added. Luhan held your hand. He smiled warmly at you, making you feel better. Yeah, he probably didn’t do it on purpose, right?


-KAI’S POV-

How can I face now.. I didn’t do anything. I just.. I want to be with her but I don’t think now’s the right time. Aish, Kai. it up. Maybe I should explain. Or maybe not. Or.. ARGH I just-

“Oppa.” someone called. My heart skipped a beat. I turned around and my face fell. It was just Ullie. She approached me.

“Oppa~ Sorry about what happened yesterday.” she said but she was smiling. This girl is just unbelievable. I glared at her. Just stay away from me.

“Please, Ullie. Stop this. I don’t want anything to do with you anymore. Just leave me alone.” I was about to leave when she said something that caught my attention.

“I sent Miji a copy of our little kiss.” I widened my eyes at her.

“How dare you.” I gritted my teeth. One more step and I’ll seriously punch her. She approached me and touched my face. Now I really cannot stand the sight of her. She leaned in to whisper something in my ear.

“You can’t get rid of me that easily.” she said. I was about to push her off when-

“O-oppa.” someone called me. This time I was sure it’s not Ullie. I quickly jerked my head around and saw Miji standing in front of. I pushed myself off of Ullie when I realized that we were in a close position. Crap, please don’t let Miji have the wrong idea.

I looked at her with my eyes widened. She stared back and smiled weakly.

“You’ve changed a lot, oppa.” she said. She smiled and a tear fell down from her eye. I was even more shocked. She turned around and started running.

I snapped out of my trance and ran after her.


“Miji! Miji-ah, wait for me!” Kai shouted as you ran farther from him. You grew tired and eventually, he catched up with you and held your arm. He swiftly pulled you into his embrace. You tried to squirm out but his grip was too strong and firm for you. You gave up trying and just buried your face defeated on his chest. You sobbed softly.

“Miji-ah, I’m sorry..” he said as he patted your head.

“Oppa I missed you a lot, didn’t you even miss me?” you said while crying. He lifted your chin up and he looked at you with pain in his eyes. It hurts him that you think he didn’t miss you when you were the only one he thought about for the past three weeks.

“Miji-ah, I missed you so much. More than you could ever imagine.”

“Then why did you kiss her? Do you not like me anymore? Op-“

He leaned in and kissed you. Your eyes widened but slowly closed. He tilted your head for to a better angle. He kissed you deeply, letting out all his frustrations for the past three weeks on that kiss. He pulled away and looked at you. Your cheeks were stained with tears. He used his thumb to wipe them off.

“Miji-ah, saranghae.

Hearts thumping.

Chests heaving.

Breaths stopping.

“O-oppa.” he pulled you into another embrace and you hugged him back. You sobbed on his left shoulder.

“Sshh, don’t cry Miji-ah. I’m sorry.” he whispered. Everything seemed to make sense now. He really  didn’t mean to hurt you.

“S-saranghaeyo, Kai oppa.” you whispered back. You fell unconscious in his arms. His eyes widened in shock. He shook your body lightly. Adrenaline gushed through his body. And he immediately carried you to the school’s hospital.

He carried you to the emergency room. A doctor got a bed for you and Kai laid you on top of it. He held your hand.

“Miji-ah.” he said, his voice trembling. He had never seen you this pale. The doctors pulled the green covers around your bed and started calling out for nurses.

Kai was standing there and he didn’t know what to do. He grabbed his phone from his back pocket and dialed the first person in his contacts who was Baekhyun.

“Yoboseyo?”

“M-Miji-ah..”

“Yah Kai, what’s wrong with you? Where are you man?”

“M-Miji-ah.. Hospital..” he said breathless.

“Mwo?! Wait right there! We’re coming over!” Baekhyun ended the call.


IN EXO’S LOUNGE

“Yah, what was that about?” Chanyeol asked him. His eyes obviously confused on Baekhyun’s sudden outburst. Everyone looked curiously at him. Especially Sehun and Luhan.

“Y-yah, Miji-ah.. She’s in the hospital.” Baekhyun suddenly said. Luhan got up from his seat.

“Mwo?! What happened?!”

“I’m not sure, Kai was stuttering so I couldn’t hear him clearly.”

“Come on, let’s go!” Suho said as he went out the door. The rest followed.

“Apparently, she had a breakdown. She’s been under stress for some time now. Did you know about it?” the doctor asked Kai. He shook his head lightly.

“She’s been suffering from stress, maybe physically, mentally, and even emotionally. We need to do further examinations to determine if other parts of her body are affected by the shock.”

Kai tried his best to listen intently to the doctor, but he was barely keeping it together.

Moments after, Exo arrived.

“Yah! Kai, where is she?” Suho asked. Kai pointed on the bed with the green curtains. They made their way to your bed and saw you sleeping.

“Geez, she looks so tired.” Chanyeol said with his soft eyes looking down on you.

“What happened?” Luhan asked Kai, his voice still stiff.

“She fell unconscious in my arms. She started to pale so I rushed her here.” Kai said.

“Poor Miji-ah. She must’ve been stressed for the past three weeks and still we gave her the awkward and cold shoulder. Aisht, I will never forgive myself.” Cho Young said as she held your cold hand.

“Omo, she really does look pale.” Minhae said as she your hair of your face.

Exo stayed a while. Luhan went to fix your room. He also dialed your mother to let her know what happened to you.

I hope you’ll be okay, Miji-ah. I wouldn’t know what to do it something bad happens to you.

Your parents arrived and they let Exo go on their ways.

“Thank you for bringing her here, Kai. I couldn’t thank you enough. If you weren’t there when this happened, I can just imagine her falling to the ground. Omo!” your mom told Kai with a worried face.

“Thank you for staying here to look over her, we’ll take over from now.” your dad bowed down to Exo. Their eyes widened. Kim Yeul Han was bowing in front of them.


-KAI’S POV-

Miji-ah, please be okay. I already lost you for three weeks. Please, don’t let me lose you longer. I want to hold you in my arms again. I want to tell you that I love you again.


Chapter 28, done :)

Stay tuned, yes? ♥