First Day Mayhem

A World Apart from Mine

You gathered up all the strength left in you (since your knees were all jelly a while ago) and entered the room. The teacher as well as the students slowly looked up to see who entered the room. You then felt 30 pairs of eyes looking at you.

You breathed deeply.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim Miji-imnida." you said while flashing your oh-so-cutesy smile.

You saw some guys winking at you while those at the back were whispering among themselves. Your teacher asked you to stand in the middle. You gulped nervously, wondering why would she ask you to.

"Okay, listen up class, this is Kim Miji, our new student. I expect you to be nice to her and if there would be some of you who will not get along with her that well, then I suggest you just keep it to yourselves, arasso?" your teacher said.

"Neee~" the class chimed.

"Okay then, miss Kim Miji, you may now take your seat." you nodded and went to look for an empty seat. You were surprised when you saw someone smiling at you, and you realized that it was Cho Young. Your heart skipped with excitement as you made your way to the seat next to her. When the teacher saw that you already found your place, she continued on with the lesson.

"Alright back to the topic.." and you teacher continued with where they left off earlier.

You tried hard to listen to your teacher but Cho Young kept on calling your attention. You looked at her and she passed you a piece of paper. You looked inside and read

Yah! I'm so glad we're in the same class! Finally! You, me, inside the same classroom! :")

You couldn't help but smile at her note. It's true, it feels quite relieving to know that after all those years of home-schooling, you were sitting beside your best friend inside the same class. You quickly wrote on the piece of paper while looking at your teacher, trying not to be caught.

Ne! Finally! I feel so happy right now! BTW, I've met this really cute guy, but I'll talk about that later. NOW STUDY PABO!

You quickly passed the paper to her and saw her smile and do an "OK" sign and wink.

After 40 minutes, your class ended and it was now your lunch time. Since you're new to the school, you held onto Cho Young and refused to let her go.

"Aigoo this kid really. You're 17 and you act like you're 7!" she said while laughing at your "lost" expression.

"Aish, how could you say that? I'm new here! Have some patience on me somehow!" you said while pouting.

"Haha arasso arasso. Come on, let's head to the cafeteria. I'll treat you your first lunch." she said and smiled at you.

"Jinjja? Gomawo~" you chimed happily.


After some more laughter with her, you finally arrived at the cafeteria. There were not much students inside since it's a school for technically, rich kids. So you didn't expect to wait long in line.

"Okay, I'll buy our food, and you go find us a table, okay?" she asked you.

"Ne. I'll be right there." you answered while pointing at an empty table. You then made your way and sat on one of the chairs. Cho Young arrived with your foods after few minutes.

"So.. who's this cute guy you've told me about earlier?" she asked teasingly. You almost choked on the juicebox you were drinking.

"O-oh yeah right. There's this really cute guy who offered to tour me around the school earlier. His name's Zhang Yixing." you said proudly.

You saw her expression change and her eyes opened wide. You immediately laughed at her reaction.

"Wae? Why the face?" you asked while holding your chuckles.

"Zhang Yixing? You mean, THE Lay?" she asked with disbelief. You started to grow curious about her reaction.

"Ne, wae? You know him?" you asked curiously.

"Are you kidding me? He's THE Lay. SIPA's student council PRO."

"Oh so that explains why he was the one who toured me around." you said slightly nodding your head. "So, why are you making a fuss about it?"

"Oh nothing.. He's just one of Exo." she said matter-of-factly.

Exo? What.. Oh. The Exo we were talking about last time.

You cleared your throat and asked her, "So, this 'Exo', just exactly who are they?" you asked. But before she could answer, you felt thuds under your table, and before you knew it, the cafeteria was filling up with people and the air became polluted with screams of girls.

"WAE? IS THERE AN EARTHQUAKE? YAAAA!!!!" you screamed and hurriedly hid yourself under the table, covering your head with both of your hands. You suddenly heard Cho Young's laughter and you grew even more curious. You peeked up only to see Cho Young laughing her head off while pointing at your face. You sat back up and hit her shoulder lightly.

"YAH! Why are you laughing at me?" you asked while pouting.

"PUHAHAHAHA you should've seen your PUHAHAHAHAHA you almost broke the chair in half!!!" she said while laughing loudly.

"YAH! I'm serious! WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??" you said while looking at your surrounding still filled with girls. She then gathered up for air and started speaking normally. She pointed on a table over the other end and you followed her finger only to see a table of 6 guys. You squinted your eyes to see clearly but failed since the table was quite far from yours.

"Uhh.. So.. What am I supposed to do with them?" you asked innocently. She just ruffled your hair and chuckled lightly.

"That, (while pointing at the table) my dear, is Exo." she said matter-of-factly

"Exo? You mean, THE Exo?" your eyes focused on the table.

"Ne. And the mayhem earlier, well, get used to it since you'll be experiencing it every day." she said while smiling.

"Wae? Are they stars? Models?" you asked her, your eyes still focused on Exo's table.

"Haha. Ani. They're just friggin' hot and handsome. And that's all you'll ever know about them." she said.

"Hmm.. Arasso." you said. Cho Young seemed shocked by your response and suddenly pulled your face close to her, staring into your eyes.

"Hmm" she said while examining your face.

"Yah! Wae? Is there something wrong with my face?"

"Aniyo~ It's just that.. you're weird. I just told you that Exo is all hot and handsome and you just say "arasso"."

"So? What's wrong with that?"

"Usually, when I tell that to new girls here in school, they will stare at me for a moment and start asking me more questions about Exo. And few weeks later, I'd find them with those other girls." she said while pointing to the huge crowd of girls surrounding Exo.

"Hmm.. So, should I be one of them?" you asked teasingly.

"Ani! ANI! You stay here and leave the spazzing to those girls." the both of you looked around and saw all the other girls (even from the different tables) staring at Exo's table.

The two of you then burst into laughter and just continued eating your lunch.


Chapter 5 is done :)

Yes we know we said we'll update tomorrow, but hey, why not now right?
;) Sorry if it's just short though. More will come tomorrow.

Stay tuned! ♥