Uncertain

A World Apart from Mine

"Omo! You looked so stunning, Miji-ah!" your mom excalimed with her hands in .

"Thanks omma!"

"Aigoo you'll surely get the part! We better prepare for your costume!"

"Omma! There were girls better than me. And besides, even if I do get the part, shouldn't I just wear that?" you asked, pointing at the video cam.

"Aigoo. You need to look better. I'll call you stylist. She'll know what to make." she said while smiling.

"Omma, don't be carried away. We still don't know what the result is."

"Fine, but I'll call her now to be sure!" your mom exclaimed excitedly.

Aigoo. Omma's more excited than I am. You giggled.

It was the weekends again. You've been reading some books about adjusting to an unfamiliar crowd. Lately, you've been feeling uneasy and you didn't know why. You always felt like there was someone watching you. And you've been seeing Ullie around school more often these days. She seemed to always send daggers at you. You didn't bother to tell your friends though, since you didn't want to bother anyone, especially Exo. While spacing out, your phone vibrated.

Miji-ah, can you come to school today? We have something to show you.

Hmm? Why would Luhan oppa make me go to school on a Saturday? You thought for a while. I'm not doing anything today anyway. You replied.

Arasso, Luhan oppa. I'll be on my way.

You made your way downstairs. Your mom was on the phone.

"Omma, I'll be going to school. Luhan oppa said he has something to show me. Be right back."

"Okay, don't take long. I called your stylist. She'll be here to get your measurements." you nodded and quickly went to the bus stop. You arrived at school 10 minutes after. You looked for Luhan. You found him standing in front of the school's bulletin board. Surprisingly, Cho Young, and Minhae were with him. You walked towards them.

"Cho Young-ah, Minhae-unnie, what are you two doing here also?" they smiled widely at you. They then put a blindfold on you.

"Yah! I can't see!"

"That's the point."

"Come! Ppali!"

They led you towards the bulletin board.

"One, two, three. Surprise!" Luhan was in front of you.

"What's the surprise oppa?" you asked curiously, looking around for anything out of the ordinary. Luhan stepped aside, and in front of you was a bright pink poster:

You rubbed your eyes. You stepped closer to get a better look. Your eyes widened. You looked back at the three of them. They were smiling back at you.

"Congratulations, Miji-ah. You got the part." Luhan said softly.

"KYAAAA! Oppa! I got the part!" you exclaimed and hugged him.


-LUHAN'S POV-

It's so nice seeing you so happy, Miji-ah. I'm happy for you.


You then hugged Cho Young and Minhae.

"I knew you'd get the part, Miji-ah." Minhae winked at you.

"Gomawo, Minhae-unnie." you then faced Cho Young and squealed. She hugged you tightly.

"I bet tita already called your stylist."

"Oh you know her too well." you smiled at her.

"I hate to leave you to celebrate, but Lay oppa's been bugging me about this new movie. I better get going before he gets grumpy. Congratulations on getting the part again, Miji-ah." with that, Minhae left.

"I better get going too, oppa and Cho Young. My stylist's going to be at our house soon."

"Okay, keep safe and congrats." Cho Young said and waved at you. Luhan waved at you as well.


"Aigoo! I told you so! Good thing Ms. Gwon here knows how to make costumes for ballet plays." your mom said.

"Alright, Miji, let's get your measurements and we'll take about the deisgn you want." you nodded your head. After a while of getting your measurements, your mom and you bid Ms. Gwon good bye.

"I'm so proud of you, Miji-ah."

"Gomawo, omma."


"WAAAAAH!"

"Kai oppa got the part!"

"Miji-ah is so lucky"

"She deserves it!"

You made your way to your ballet class in your ballet uniform. The moment you entered the room, claps were heard. You looked around surprised. Kai was clapping among your classmates.

"Congratulations, Miji-ah and Kai!" one of your classmates cheered. You couldn't help but smile.

"What's with this?" you asked with a smile on your face, referring to the banners and poppers.

"Well actually, it was Kai's idea to-" one of your male classmates started. Kai quickly stomped on his foot. The class laughed. You giggled.

"Kai oppa?" you asked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"YIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!" your class cheered. Kai smirked and walked towads you with his hands on his back. He stood in front of you. He smiled at your wamrly.

"Waeyo oppa?"

"Nothing really. Congratulations." he said and handed you a box wrapped in a plain pearl white wrapper. You looked at it before getting it.

"What's this?"

"You'll see. Open it during our big recital, partner." he winked at you and you blushed.

"YIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!" the cheers grew louder. You laughed.


-KAI'S POV-

It's nice to see you laugh, princess.


Moments later, your teacher entered the room with a bright smile on her face.

"First of all, CONGRATULATIONS TO KIM JONGIN AND KIM MIJI!" the class roared with cheers.

"And congratulations to 1PA-2 for being the cast of the recital! I'm so proud of all of you!" your teacher said. You smiled.

"Since the lead roles are from 1PA-2, it's been decided that the rest of 1PA-2 be the dancers for the recital as well." your teacher smiled "So, chop chop! Let's get to work!"

"Ne!" your class exclaimed excitedly.


-ULLIE'S POV-

Uggh. I guess my glares at her didn't scare her at all. And what the? Why is Kai oppa giving her a gift? NO! Kai oppa likes ME, not her! ARRRGH! I hate her!


After class, your teacher called Kai and you to have a small talk.

"Will this be your first big performance, Miji-ah?"

"Ne, seonsaengnim."

"You'll do great. I saw how you dance, and I could honestly say you deserve the part." you smiled at her sincerity.

"Gomawo, seonsaengnim."

"Kai, thank you for not failing me." you teacher said to Kai.

"Of course, seonsaengnim."

"Well, I expect the two of you double up the work and practice well. Arasso?"

"Ne!" you pumped your fist.

"Very well then, I'll be off."


At a cafe, Kai and you talked. Moments later, Exo entered the cafe and Sehun shoved Kai out of his seat.

"YAH!" Kai shouted. You blinked.

"Miji-ah~ Congratulations!" Sehun handed you a one-stem red rose. You shyly accepted it.

"Gomawo, Sehun oppa~"

"Hey! Me too!" Chanyeol then handed you a box of chocolates. Your eyes widened.

"Woah gomawo Chanyeol oppa!"

"Keke~ No problem, Miji-ah. Congratulations!" he hugged you. You were shocked but returned the hug. The rest of Exo sat down.

"Where's Cho Young and Minhae-unnie?" you asked Lay.

"Beats me. They said they needed to buy something." he answered and gave you a small box. You opened the box, there was a necklace with a ballerina-shaped pendant:

"Woaah. So pretty~" you cooed.

"Like you." Lay said.

"Yah! You seriously need to stop flirting with other girls. I'll you to Minhae-noona!" Sehun said. The rest of you laughed.

"Gomawo, Lay oppa! You guys didn't have to get me anything!" you said still in disbelief.

"It's Minhae's idea, Miji-ah. She would be sad if you didn't accept it." Lay said and smiled.

"Hey hey don't forget my gift!" Suho handed you a cute pink fork. You stared at it for a while.

"What's this for?" you asked curiously.

"For this." Kris snapped his fingers, and soon after, a waiter of the cafe approached your table with a cake:

"WOOOW" your eyes popped out of their sockets. You looked at Suho and he smiled at you.

"Congratulations, Miji-ah." You looked at all of them and they smiled at you. A small tear escaped from your eyes. Suho's face fell.

"Aww hyung you made her cry!" Sehun said.

"A-ani! I'm just so-" and you sobbed a little.

"I'm just so touched. I've never received this kind of treatment from anyone before."

"We know, Miji-ah, that's why let us treat you well today. Okay?" Luhan held your hand. Kai looked the both of you and just bowed down.

Easy, Kai. Luhan hyung is Miji's childhood friend. Stop thinking about nonsense things.

Sorry, Kai. Only this once. I want to hold her hand too.

"Hey! Why do you keep on giving her sweets? She needs to maintain her figure, doesn't she?" Xiumin commented.

"No she doesn't, she's perfect the way she is. Besides, she looks so light." Baekhyun said. All eyes darted towards him. His face turned crimson. You giggled.

"Looks like someone's developing a crush for Miji here." Chen . The rest of you laughed.

All of you started eating the cake. You laughed about a lot of things. Soon after, the cafe bell rang. Since your back was facing the door, you didn't see who entered. You just noticed that Kai's, Sehun's, Suho's, D.O.'s, and Lay's eyes become like O__O. You turned around and there, walking towards your table, was a beautiful Ullie. You looked at Kai and he gulped nervously. You felt something weird in your heart.

"Hey, having a celebration without me, Suho oppa?" she chimed sweetly. Suho looked down.

"Oh come on, has it really been that long? You've already found your new kitten, I see." she looked at you. Luhan's grip on you tightened.

"Wow, a ballerina cake. Thanks, guys." she then got a fork-full of your cake and ate it. She looked at you, and then to Kai.

"Kai oppa! It's been a while." she said. Kai's jaw stiffened.

How dare you ruin our moment with Miji.

"Yes, it's been a while. And we wouldn't mind if it stayed a little longer." Kai said bitterly.

"Aww, you're not still crushing on me, are you, Kai?" she asked while laughing. You looked at her in disbelief.

"Oh, congratulations on getting the part, Miji-ah." she said and winked at you. With that, she turned away and walked towards the cafe's door. You looked at the rest of them, they were totally quiet. You didn't bother to even break the silence. With that, your mini celebration was ruined.

"Gaah, I hate her. Jinjja! She's unbelievable!" Sehun exclaimed.

"She's still the same old Hwang Ullie." Kris said disappointed. You looked at Kai. He was spacing out.

Maybe he still has a crush on her. You're so stupid to even think he likes you. Aish, pabo, Miji! PABO! You suddenly felt tears forming. One tear dropped from your cheek. Luhan looked at you shocked.

"Miji-ah, are you crying?" Luhan asked you worriedly. Kai looked at you. You wiped the tear away and cleared your throat. You quickly stood up, which made Exo startled.

"Uhh, I uhh need to go." and with that, you stormed off the cafe. Tears were unconsciously falling from your eyes. You wiped them away while walking off from the cafe.

Aish, why am I crying?


- ULLIE'S POV -

Well well well, I think I hit something in there. Hmm.. Does this Miji girl like Kai? *evil smirk*

This will be a lot of fun. It's like hitting two birds with one stone. You're so clever, Zara Hwang.


- LUHAN'S POV -

Miji-ah, did you cry because of Ullie's comment about Kai? Why.. do you like.. him?


- KAI'S POV -

Damn it, Kai! You didn't even run after her! Now she thinks you still like Ullie. Aish, what a jerk!


Chapter 17, done. :)

Oooh Ullie's such a . :< Double update today!

Stay tuned, yes? ♥

P.S. I made the pink poster using Adobe Flash CS4 using these pictures:

for the ballerina,

for the swan. And the small puddle where the ballerina is standing on, I made that with the oval tool of Flash. Keke~ Just made some tweaking and breaking apart of the picture. Enjoy!