CHAPTER 21

I MADE THE HEROINE FALL FOR ME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was just another Wednesday morning at the Vanderbilt Mansion when Aunt Carol delivered unexpected news to Serena and Charlie.

“Miss Sutherland, I was told by Mr. Vanderbilt that you will be excused today at school and you should come to him at the Auction Party later,” Aunt Carol said.

Both Serena and Charlie’s eyes turned wide open.

‘I can’t go to the auction with him… it’s dangerous… I don’t know what he will do,’ Serena thought.

‘Damn it… I remember that the Sutherland Estate will be auctioned at the party… and then Cornelius will win the bidding and he’s gonna use it to blackmail Serena in the future… I can’t let him do that… and there’s no way in hell, I’ll let Serena go with him in the auction alone,’ Charlie thought.

“WHY IS SERENA COMING AND I’M NOT?! AM I NOT THE LADY IN THIS HOUSE?! I CAN’T COME THEN SERENA CAN’T COME AS WELL!” Charlie said, acting like a child having a tantrum.

“But Miss Charlie it was your father’s order and I—“ Aunt Carol wasn’t able to finish her sentence when Charlie interrupted again.

“No!! Tell dad that if I’m not going then Serena can’t go too!!” Charlie declared as she grabbed Serena outside the estate and proceeded to go to school.

‘It would be wise to just follow Charlie at school for now and I’ll just find a way to sneak out at school to go to the auction later… that auction will start at 2pm anyway…’ Serena thought.

The ride to school was filled with a quiet tension, each girl lost in her own thoughts...

‘I have a plan to take Serena to the auction...’ Charlie smirked to herself.

Upon reaching Hastings, Alice and Leora were already waiting for Charlie, as usual...

“Hey, looks like UnknownUser032624 has a soft spot for you! Your request was the only one she accepted!” Leora teased.

“I can practically feel the love in the air!” Alice chimed in with a mischievous grin.

“It’s not like that! Are your brains only capable of conjuring up silly ideas?! Miss Bunny is just being nice!” Charlie defended Miss Bunny.

Serena's face flushed as she heard the trio talking about her dummy account from last night.

Leora and Alice walked Charlie and Serena to their classroom, taking advantage of their company...

“Hey, Sister Charlie, can we borrow your Math Homework?” Leora asked with her eyes blinking while acting cute.

“The special class is ahead of us, so you guys must have finished the assignment earlier. Be a saint and let us copy yours!” Alice added, mimicking Leora's pleading expression.

“You two really need to start studying properly! Weren’t you planning to be a future lawyer and future doctor? I’m starting to feel sorry for your future patients and clients…” Charlie chided, searching for the homework Leora and Alice were requesting.

“Don’t worry about us, Sister Charlie! You should be more concerned about who Ms. Bunny is!”

“Yeah, I can already see Ms. Bunny becoming your future girlfriend! Your savior! Your knight in shining armor!”

Leora and Alice teased Charlie, their laughter fading when they heard the sound of paper being torn apart...

Their expressions changed from ^.^ to o.o to T.T.

Charlie was ripping the homework into shreds, glaring at the two...

“NOOOO DON’T!!! DON’T TEAR IT, SISTER CHARLIE! I’M SORRY, WHO IS MS. BUNNY ANYWAY? NO ONE CARES ABOUT HER!!” Leora pleaded.

“I DON’T EVEN LIKE BUNNIES!!!!” Alice protested.

“Very well… One more word about Ms. Bunny, and say goodbye to your homework!” Charlie declared firmly.

“Copy!” Both Alphas saluted before snatching Charlie’s homework and scurrying off to their classroom.

It was lunchtime, with only a few hours left before the auction started. Serena already had a plan in mind — she was going to sneak out the back of Hastings, grab a taxi, and head straight to the auction to meet Uncle Robert.

As Serena stacked a table and chairs to climb the wall, a familiar voice interrupted her.

“Didn’t peg Miss Sutherland to be a rule breaker…” Charlie remarked to Serena while casually enjoying a lollipop.

Serena blushed, feeling caught in the act. “H-how much did you see?” she asked, embarrassed.

“When you were stacking those chairs and tables…” Charlie chuckled, amusement dancing in her eyes.

“Why are you here?” Serena asked, her tone cool and guarded.

‘Charlie, what are you doing? Are you going to stop me?’ Serena wondered.

“You see, you can’t climb up with that. You’re just going to break your leg…” Charlie explained, her demeanor surprisingly helpful. “Leora and Alice taught me how to climb here… You just have to do this…” With practiced ease, Charlie demonstrated by scaling the wall effortlessly.

“See? Now come on, give me your hand so I can help you climb up…” Charlie offered, extending her hand to Serena.

“Um…” Serena hesitated before reluctantly accepting Charlie’s hand.

“Now stay here while I go down, then I’ll catch you after, okay?” Charlie instructed.

Serena nodded, a mixture of uncertainty and gratitude swirling within her.

After successfully climbing up the wall, a white luxury van awaited them.

“Let’s go?” Charlie asked, extending her hand to Serena.

‘Should I go with her?’ Serena hesitated, contemplating Charlie’s offer.

There was something about Charlie’s genuine smile that made Serena take her hand. “Let’s go,” she said, returning the smile.

“Charlie, where are you taking me?” Serena inquired as they stepped into the van.

“To the auction… you’re sneaking out to go there, right?” Charlie replied.

“Our house is being auctioned, and I just want to—-“ Serena began, but Charlie interrupted gently.

“You don’t need to explain to me, Serena… just pick out a dress there,” Charlie said, pointing to a small closet in the van.

“You’re not planning on going to the auction in your uniform, right?” Charlie chuckled.

“Um,” Serena nodded, feeling a rush of gratitude towards Charlie’s thoughtfulness.

She opened the closet and was surprised to find an array of beautiful dresses inside.

‘Did she prepare this for me?’ Serena blushed at the thought.

“I-I’ll change now…” Serena said, her heart warmed by Charlie’s gesture.

“Okay, there’s a bathroom over there; you can change there,” Charlie said, gesturing towards the door.

“Okay…” Serena nodded, feeling a mix of nerves and excitement.

“Mr. Driver, drive slowly…” Charlie instructed the driver, ensuring Serena could change comfortably.

“Noted, Miss,” the driver replied politely.

As Serena changed, Charlie’s heart raced with anticipation. When Serena emerged, Charlie’s breath caught in .

As Serena stepped out of the bathroom, her pastel blue dress adorned with delicate lace detailing hugged her slender frame, while tiny iridescent sequins shimmered like stars in the night sky. The sweetheart neckline and adjustable spaghetti straps added a touch of femininity, while the flowing chiffon skirt swayed gracefully with her every movement. Completing the ensemble with dainty silver heels, Serena looked every bit the enchanting young lady ready for a magical evening at the auction.

Serena noticed Charlie’s prolonged gaze and blushed, feeling a rush of shyness.

“Does it not fit me?” she asked nervously.

“N-no, it’s beautiful…” Charlie stammered, her cheeks tinged with a faint blush of their own.

“It’s my turn now… I’ll change,” Charlie announced, disappearing into the bathroom.

When she emerged, Charlie was a vision in her black, backless lace dress. The intricate lace traced elegant patterns across her figure, accentuating her curves with a subtle allure. With her dark hair cascading down her back in loose waves, and a hint of silver jewelry adding a touch of sparkle, Charlie exuded confidence and grace, captivating Serena's gaze.

"You look beautiful, Charlie," Serena said, her voice soft with admiration.

"T-thank you," Charlie replied, her cheeks tinged with a faint blush, feeling bashful under Serena's gaze.

The pair arrived at the Auction, drawing attention the moment they entered the room.

"Whisper arrived," remarked a man with light brown hair, clad in a tuxedo.

'Whisper… that sounds familiar,' Charlie thought, shooting a glance at Serena.

'Yeah, Whisper is Serena’s code name… Robert Stuart might be here already,' Charlie speculated silently.

“Is that Miss Sutherland?”

“Is that Miss Vanderbilt beside her?”

“They both look so pretty…”

“They must be really good friends…”

Cornelius noticed Serena and Charlie, his gaze lingering on Serena as he scanned her from head to toe.

“Hey, sweetheart, I didn’t know you were coming…” he greeted.

“Well, so you mean Serena can come, but I can’t?!” Charlie interjected, feigning jealousy to divert Cornelius's attention from Serena.

“Of course not! If my princess wants to come, then she too can come!” Cornelius assured.

“Very well!” Charlie replied, playing along.

“Come on, we should find our seats now… the auction is about to start.”

As the auctioneer's voice echoed through the grand hall, bidding for the Sutherland Mansion began with a flurry of numbers.

“Sutherland Mansion! The starting bid is 15 million dollars!” The announcement marked the commencement of what promised to be a significant event.

The bids escalated rapidly, each one pushing the price higher:

“15.5 million.”

“15.6 million.”

“15.8 million.”

“16 million,” Cornelius interjected confidently.

“16 million… going once,” the auctioneer declared, setting the stage for a crucial moment.

Amidst the bidding, Serena's mind raced with worry. 'Is Uncle Robert going to come?' she pondered anxiously, her thoughts consumed by the uncertainty of the situation.

“16.1 million,” Robert Stuart countered, keeping the momentum alive.

“16.2 million,” Cornelius swiftly responded.

“16.3 million,” Robert countered again.

With the bid climbing to 16.5 million, Charlie and Serena exchanged concerned glances. If the bidding continued, Robert Stuart might not be able to match the price.

“Dad!!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter