CHAPTER 58

I MADE THE HEROINE FALL FOR ME
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The golden ginkgo leaves swayed gently in the morning light, casting a warm glow over the autumn morning. Yet, despite the serene scene outside, a sense of tiredness and laziness permeated the air.

In the small, dimly lit room, time seemed to stand still, the darkness enveloping everything in a tranquil embrace.

There was a rustling sound in the quiet room, as Charlie slowly regained consciousness from her slumber. Her long, tousled hair brushed against the tip of her nose, causing her to stir.

With a sleepy groan, Charlie shook her head, attempting to rid herself of the irritating sensation, only to find that her arm was pinned down by something heavy. Snuggled against her chest was a small, fluffy head, radiating warmth and comfort.

The lingering scent of strawberry champagne mingled with toasted marshmallow and woods filled the room, creating an intoxicating aroma that enveloped Charlie's senses.

As realization dawned upon her, Charlie opened her eyes, instantly alert. Despite her drowsiness, she could make out the figure of Serena lying beside her, curled up and peacefully asleep.

Charlie's gaze drifted to the exposed snow-white shoulders and neck of her beloved, where faint red marks from their passionate night lingered, even in the dim light of the morning.

The lingering taste of strawberry champagne still rested on the tip of Charlie's tongue, a reminder of the intimacy shared the night before. The warmth that once filled their love valley had dissipated, replaced by a cool sensation coursing down Charlie's throat.

She vividly recalled Serena's swollen and delicate gland, pulsating before her eyes, exuding pheromones that seemed to beg for attention, enticing an Alpha to mark it.

Charlie smiled recalling the events of last night.

Before Charlie could finish her recollection, the person in her arms nuzzled closer, displaying a hint of drowsiness.

A few stray strands of hair fell across the girl's face, adding to her charm. She instinctively sought solace in Charlie's embrace, appearing utterly adorable.

Charlie's heart fluttered as Serena nestled against her chest, her touch eliciting a tender sensation. "Are you awake?" she inquired softly.

Upon hearing Charlie's voice, Serena raised her head and met her gaze before closing her eyes once more, nestling into Charlie's arm. She took a deep breath, taking in the lingering scent of their shared pheromones, and murmured a soft "um."

Charlie looked at the girl before her, sensing a subtle shift in their connection yet also a comforting familiarity.

She gently brushed aside the strands of hair obscuring Serena's face and asked in a gentle tone, "Did you sleep well?"

Serena nodded, a gentle smile gracing her lips. "As long as I'm with you, I sleep like a baby," she replied.

Charlie felt a rush of contentment at Serena's words.

She continued to Serena's head, her fingers weaving through her long hair.

Once again, the room descended into a tranquil silence, enveloped in the darkness of seclusion.

The warm breath gently caressed the tip of Serena's nose, followed by the familiar and tender touch of Charlie's lips.

Compared to the passionate and wild kisses of the previous night, Charlie's movements were much softer now.

As she planted kisses on Serena's lips with meticulous care, it was as if she was savoring a delicious strawberry pastry with a lingering champagne aftertaste, enjoying it so much but hesitant to consume it all at once.

After a prolonged moment, the morning's first kiss came to an end just as Serena was about to catch her breath.

Charlie gazed into Serena's serene eyes, lightly touching her forehead and speaking in a voice tinged with affectionate ambiguity, "I love you so much."

Serena felt a beautiful fireworks display erupt in her heart. She returned Charlie's kiss and asked, "How did you find last night?"

Charlie's response was more serious than Serena's question warranted. It carried a weight of commitment as she declared, "I loved it so much that even if you wanted to gouge my glands, I wouldn't regret marking you last night."

Serena's eyes trembled at the intensity of Charlie's words. No one else in the world would swear on their glands.

With a gaze filled with profound love, Serena took Charlie's words as a solemn vow between lovers. She tilted her head slightly, wrapping her arms around Charlie's neck.

Her slender fingers traced over Charlie's glands, hidden beneath her long hair, the gentle touch like a comforting caress.

Serena leaned in close to Charlie's ear, gently nipping her earlobe as she whispered in a playful yet threatening tone, "If you ever dare to betray me in the future, I'll gouge your glands and feed it to the sharks."

"Never," Charlie shook her head, reaffirming her devotion. As she spoke, she leaned in to capture Serena's lips in a tender kiss.

With the scents of strawberry champagne and toasted marshmallow and woods swirling around them, Serena's fingers traced the smooth and delicate skin at the back of Charlie's neck.

In the tranquil embrace of their small, darkened sanctuary, even the shadows of past worries seemed to be tinged with the sweetness of their love.

Amidst the dimness, Charlie tenderly trailed her hand down Serena's back, a silent reassurance in the stillness.

Serena instinctively tightened her grip on Charlie's neck, the warmth of their connection enveloping them both.

Gazing at the exposed nape of her beloved, pale and graceful, still adorned with the remnants of last night's marking, Charlie pressed a kiss to Serena's glands before trailing up to her lips. In a whisper barely audible, she breathed into Serena's ear, "Forever."

Time passed silently, and the winter moon ended, Charlie and Serena had graduated highschool.

Serena took SGC left by her father and stood on the top of the upper circle again, becoming a real upstart in the eyes of everyone.

The SGC Building in the city center was busy everywhere.

Serena, draped in a pristine beige pantsuit left ed, revealed a glimpse of a white sweetheart neckline shirt beneath. Her choice of attire exuded a subtle power, softened by the feminine touch of the shirt. With every step in her matching high heels, she exuded confidence. Completing her ensemble, a pair of sleek sunglasses shielded her eyes, adding an air of mystery to her already enigmatic presence.

Serena had swiftly risen to prominence as the new CEO and chairwoman of SGC, her presence commanding attention and respect throughout the corporate landscape. She was known far and wide as the cold and icy princess, a figure so formidable that only few dared to even speak in her presence.

The empty elevator soon halted before her, its doors sliding open with a quiet hum. Those who had been waiting alongside her hesitated, their gazes darting between Serena and the inviting interior of the elevator. Yet, one by one, they chose to remain outside, no one dares to come inside with her.

For Serena's destination was the apex, the pinnacle of power within the SGC Building—the office of the new chairman. And as she stepped into the elevator alone, a silent acknowledgment rippled through the crowd, an unspoken understanding of the place she now commanded.

Upon reaching the top floor, Serena stepped into the expansive office where Cato awaited her presence.

Cato, his gaze fixed on the finalized documents before him, glanced up at Serena with a hint of hesitation clouding his expression. "Proceeding with our plans to part ways with Uncle Robert's company... Do you think it might be premature? I worry about the potential backlash from the outside world..."

Before he could finish, Serena interjected, her voice firm and resolute. "We both know this is the best way."

Cato rubbed his hand holding the document calmly, and preached with a bit of emotion

"It seems that Charlie is really important to you."

Serena replied with a gentle "Um",  acknowledging Charlie's significance in her life. 

She must get rid of Uncle Robert's constraints on her as soon as possible, so that Charlie will no longer be subjected to Uncle Robert's threat.

With a determined glint in her eyes, Serena affirmed her commitment to this course of action. "We must proceed without delay," she declared firmly. "Charlie's safety is non-negotiable. It's time to break free from Uncle Robert's grip once and for all."

Charlie is now pursuing a bachelor's degree in education at Burton University, renowned as the top university in the country. Despite the turmoil that has engulfed her family, she has managed to amass approximately $10,000,000 from her successful ventures in the stock market during her high school years as an heiress.

Meanwhile, Cornelius and Celia remain fugitives, while the once-mighty Vanderbilt empire has crumbled. The Vanderbilt companies, formerly under Cornelius's stewardship, now rest in the hands of shareholders, with all associated assets—including estates, manors, and villas—confiscated by the government.

Fortunately, the Vanderbilt Mansion, registered under Charlie's name, has been spared from confiscation. However, beyond this sole exception, every last penny and asset belonging to the Vanderbilts has been seized.

Despite the preservation of the Vanderbilt Mansion from confiscation, Charlie made the decisi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter