Fury

Triangle Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seolhyun gulped as saw her ex's expression.

Fury.

Sadness.

Shame.

Regret.

She didn't know what to feel.

But everytime she saw Hyejeong......

It just reminded her of how Hyejeong treated her.

The bracelet.

The Videocalls.

The ignorance.

It just made Seolhyun angry all over again.

 

Hyejeong felt her heart quicken as she saw Seolhyun. She fidgeted in her stool as a million questions popped up in her mind.

How are you Seolhyun...

I've missed you...

I......

Where were you?

Who...

were you with?

But then, out of all the things Seolhyun could do, she walked right up to Hyejeong.

Slowly.

Deliberately.

Step by step.

Hyejeong fidgeted even more in her stool.

Seolhyun kept her eyes on Hyejeong's. Their gazes connected, and never seperated.

She kept moving forwards and forwards, shortening the distance between them. At some point, Seolhyun got so close that Hyejeong had to lean back. Her arms stretched backwards, as she reached for the counter, trying to balance herself. After she found her balance, she slowly leaned back, growing further and further from Seolhyun, keeping her distance.

Seolhyun didn't let her.

She slammed her hands on the counter, right next to Hyejeong's. Her thumb brushed against Hyejeong's pinkie, and she swore she could feel the latter shudder upon contact.

She leaned in.

Hyejeong felt heart beat, faster, harder.

She leaned in.

Seolhyun's face ... was inches away from Hyejeong's.

And after all of that,

Both girls hadn't broken eye contact.

They stared at each other, searching. 

They were so close, they could feel physically feel each other breathing.

Seolhyun leaned in even more, tilting her head to the right.

Hyejeong inhaled.

Seolhyun always started a kiss by leaning to the right.

She responded.

Hyejeong strectched her neck, closed her eyes.

She had kissed Seolhyun innumerable times in her life. She knew how it felt like.

...

This feels wrong.....

Hyejeong opened her eyes.

Seolhyun was mere millimeters away.

But her eyes were open. Her head was no longer tilted.

Hyejeong felt her mind go blank.

Seolhyun stared at Hyejeong with a hungry look in her eyes.

With one smooth motion, she bit down on her own lip. She let her lips dangle right in front of Hyejeong for a split moment.

Her gaze burned through Hyejeong's skull.

Then, with a sly smile, she turned around, and walked away.

'In your dreams.'

Hyejeong was left sitting on her stool, dumbfounded.

 

Between the time the members and Seolhyun had come home, Hyejeong had managed to tell only Yuna, as well as Mina, everything. How it all started. From that day at the photoshoot, to their meeting at the gym, to their first date. Then to the parts where everything started to go wrong. To how Jackson had treated her on the top of that hill, to the beach house. Normally, Hyejeong, when dealing with these matters, was a conservative person. She rarely told anyone about her relationships, but this time... it was different. The pain for her was too much, and she had to let it out, as she cried while she spoke. And being her closest friends, Hyejeong decided to tell Yuna and Mina.

Truth be told, there wasn't much the two girls could do. At most, they could try to keep the atmosphere bright in the dorm when everyone was around, or ask Seolhyun a bit more information. Either way, Hyejeong was on her own. And despite her valiant efforts, there was no hiding the fact that she was down. She was a lot quiter during meals, and every night she would turn in to sleep the earliest. On stage, her presence as the centre was also slowly wearing off. The charisma and fire she used to have slowly faded away, replaced by simple robotic repeats of the choreography.

Hyejeong was losing her touch.

She was at the bottom of her life.

Seolhyun, on the other hand, was the complete opposite.

She seemed like a completely different person.

Whatever went wrong for Hyejeong... seemed to work with her.

She was brighter and brighter everyday. She talked a lot, and always managed to make everyone laugh. Wherever she went, the atmosphere was light and heavenly, and everyone wanted to be around her, Yuna and Mina no exception. To Hyejeong, she seemed shameless all the time, flirting everywhere, acting funny. It occured to Yuna and Mina that Hyejeong felt slightly annoyed as well as extra down everytime Seolhyun was around, but even they didn't do anything. This time, of all times, Hyejeong was the one at fault. And to make matters worse, Seolhyun had done nothing wrong. They had nothing on her. She was simply acting happy. As if she had moved on.

But it wasn't like nothing had changed for Seolhyun.

More and more frequently, she started going out at night for dinner, day after day. Whenever questioned, the answer reason would be 'meeting an old friend' or 'meeting visiting relatives in the area.' Everyone in the dorm knew something was going on, but they all said nothing. Seolhyun never went out on nights with schedules, and she would always come back to the dorm before curfew. On top of that, she was always in a good state, never drunk, never tired the next day. After a while, the members took it as a habit. It wasn't like Seolhyun was leaving them. She still came to all the events, and she was just as cheerful when she was around. 

Seolhyun was acting like the perfect idol.

 

Appointments every night that didn't affect her performance. All the while caring and positive the whole time.

 

All the members welcomed the change.

 

Except for one.

 

It pained Shin Hyejeong to see the girl walk in and out every time.

 

And as time grew by, she grew more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter