chapter 10

Something Little
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinah woke up earlier than usual; she stayed the night over because Baekhyun was acting such a brat because of his ‘sore knuckles’ and Yebin could not sleep without someone beside her so Jinah accompanied her.

            She’s currently working on her book because she wasn’t able to work on it for quite some time. The last time she wrote something for her book was a week ago when Baekhyun came knocking on her door asking her if she could take care of Yebin for awhile.

            Before she knew it, the clock strikes at 7AM and she felt her stomach growling due to the lack of food, she stood up from the marble kitchen table and scanned the refrigerator to see if there were any food available for them to eat but sadly, she found none.

            She heard Baekhyun’s bedroom door open and his feet shuffling on the tiled floor, approaching her and before she knew it, he was standing beside her, reaching for an empty glass and pouring himself some water, his bruise was disappearing faster than expected.

            “Baekhyun.” Jinah called out and Baekhyun looked at her with his bed hair, Jinah’s heart fluttered. After half a year, this is the first time she saw Baekhyun with his bed hair and she could not help but think that she’s really lucky to have him…before.

            “There’s no food in the fridge.” She said and Baekhyun opened the fridge and he found nothing but Yebin’s candies.

            “Should we buy some grocery later?” Baekhyun asked, sitting on the chair. Jinah nodded her head and sat on the chair opposite to him, Baekhyun was in front of Jinah’s laptop and he could not help but read some of the phrases from the book.

            As he was secretly reading some excerpts, they both heard the door to Yebin’s room swung open and before they knew it, Yebin was in front of them rubbing her eyes and yawning.

            “Yebin, take a bath we’re going to the grocery.” Baekhyun mumbled and looked at his niece, yawning as well.

 

            After an hour, they were all ready to go. Baekhyun closed all the doors and windows and pulled the plug out from the sockets, checking if everything’s in place. As soon as Baekhyun finally assured himself that everything is fine, he locked the main door and went inside the car. He’s the one driving today to go to the grocery while Jinah sat on the passenger side and Yebin on the backseat.

            “Eggs, vegetables, meat, sesame oil..” Jinah enumerated some of the things on her list on her phone.

            “Should I buy some fish?” She asked, still checking her list to see if everything should be there.

            “It’s up to you.” Baekhyun said, his eyes were still focused on the road.

            “Oh, okay then. I will not buy it.” Jinah said, pressing the delete button on her phone.

            Before they both knew it, they were now parked outside the grocery store; the parking lot by this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter