chapter 3

Something Little
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun and Yebin left Jinah’s house as soon as their small talk was done. The kid was still fast asleep when Baekhyun brought him to his car and Jinah asked Baekhyun to take home some slices of cake for Yebin, but Baekhyun declined the offer and told her they have too many sweets at home.

          It was 9 o’ clock in the morning when Yebin woke up from her deep sleep, she was still wearing the clothes she used the night before and she saw her uncle sleeping silently on the sofa on the other side of the room.

          “Uncle?” She asked and called out to her uncle, Baekhyun would not budge to even talk to his niece, Yebin rubbed her eyes and stepped down the stairs to go to the bathroom downstairs.

          Without Baekhyun knowing what his little niece was doing all by herself since he’s asleep, Yebin continued whatever she was doing.

          The young kid was still half asleep but she really wants to pee and eat something sweet since her uncle won’t let her eat too much sweets, she stepped on the flight of stairs and as soon as she was about to go down another step, she fell on her right arm.

          Through her loud cries and screams, Baekhyun woke up from his deep sleep and immediately went down only to see his only niece crying on the floor while holding her right arm.

          “Why…How did you go in there?” Baekhyun asked, carrying Yebin on his arms and sitting on the nearest couch where he held the younger’s arm to look if there are any bruises.

          “Your parents would kill me for not looking after you properly.” Baekhyun said and inspected the arm more. Yebin was quietly sobbing by now since her arm still hurt, she can’t even dare herself to move so Baekhyun made the choice to take her to the hospital later after he gets dressed and washed his face.

          “Yebin, we’ll bring you to the doctor later okay? So we can know what happened to your bones.” Baekhyun said in his calmest voice, Yebin nodded her head and her uncle pats her head in the process.

          Baekhyun dropped her off on the couch lightly before he left for the bathroom to brush his teeth and to wash his face before he brings Yebin to the doctor.

          The young kid was sitting silently on the couch still holding on her bruised arm while watching the hit cartoon series on the television, Pororo. It was a big hit for kids these days and even his old friends watch it.

          Baekhyun ran upstairs to grab some clothes for his niece so she could finally change and they could head off to the doctor earlier but as soon as he was about to open the closet door, his phone rang loudly from downstairs, causing him to go down again and answer the phone call.

          “Hello?” he said on the phone, walking upstairs again to finally grab some clothes for his niece once again.

          “Hey, Baekhyun. I just have to remind you that your collaboration song with K.Will would be today at 11:30, you should not let them wait so be sure to arrive there by 11.” His manager said on the phone, Baekhyun placed his hand on his forehead as he suddenly remembered he had several schedules for today and since his niece was injured, no one would bring her to the doctor. He plans on bringing her to some of his schedules but her injured arm should be checked first.

          “Hyung, I’ll be there at 11:20. I still have to bring my niece to the doctor.” Baekhyun said, his manager sighed and didn’t agree with his suggestion but instead opposed to it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter