chapter 4

Something Little
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            As soon as Baekhyun left the residence of his brother and sister-in-law, Yebin and Jinah ate breakfast and quickly headed to the hospital to check if ever there were any major problems with the child’s arm.

          “We don’t need to have it checked through an x-ray, it looks fine, she just needs to rest for a while and eat lots of vegetables so that it would not lead to greater problems in the future.” The doctor said, still checking Yebin’s arm if ever there was any damage.

          “Oh, her uncle told me that she should have an x-ray because he won’t be able to sleep at night if there is no assurance that his niece is fine.” Jinah said, smiling lightly at the professional in front of her. She knows she sound stupid with what she’s saying but Jinah knows how Baekhyun will react if things won’t go on his way, aside from that, Baekhyun constantly reminded her that she should ask the doctor for an x-ray.

          “Okay, sure. I’ll give you a reference slip so you can have it checked through an x-ray as well if you insist.” The doctor said and quickly wrote on his reference slip a small x-ray.

          “Thank you very much. We’ll drop by again if ever something happens due to her injured arm.” Jinah said and bowed a low bow after the doctor handed her the small piece of white paper.

          The doctor smiled to her in return and nodded his head; looking at Yebin and muttering a small Take care. Yebin smiled and nodded her head as well, holding to Jinah’s hand with her injured arm.

          “I see it’s getting a little better since it’s nothing major.” The doctor said, “Your boyfriend is very thoughtful with his niece.”

          Jinah was shocked to hear that the doctor thought that Baekhyun is still her boyfriend when in reality she knows that he thought of her as a babysitter.

          “Yes, he was.” Jinah bowed and smiled once again before heading for the door to leave.

          “Are we going home now, unnie?” Yebin asked as soon as they left the doctor’s room. Jinah looked at the little kid beside her and pats her head repetitively.

          “I think so. But if you want to go anywhere then we can.” Jinah said.

          “Can we visit the mall today, unnie?” the child asked, her puppy eyes showing. Jinah chuckled and nodded her head a little before they left the hospital to go to the nearest mall.

 

          As soon as they arrived at the mall, they were welcomed with a small amount of people everywhere considering that it’s still early and it’s a weekday so people won’t be here yet to have fun.

          Yebin, being the little kid she is, dragged Jinah to the toy store near the entrance. She ran to a big stuffed toy near the store’s entrance and held it in her arms.

          “Unnie, can I have this?” Yebin asked with her puppy eyes once again, Jinah bit her lip and looked around the place.

          “I’m sorry, Yebin-ah. But unnie forgot her credit card at home so maybe I’ll buy it to you some other time?” She pleaded. Yebin pouted and was about t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter