chapter 5

Something Little
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     “B-Baekhyun?”

            Jinah asked as she looked behind her, Baekhyun had his bangs covering his eyes and it looked so dark and heavy. He doesn’t wear eyeliner too much anymore but due to his black hair, his eyes looked fierce and…frightening.

            She doesn’t even know why she’s nervous with what’s happening with everything in her surroundings but she knows for sure that she’s in a deep trouble and she doesn’t even know the reason why.

            This certainly is the first time he glared at her that way but it was definitely not the first she saw him look that way. She could vividly remember how he stared like that at Chanyeol years ago because the taller one spilled one of his greatest secrets.

            “Uncle, that ahjussi over there. He bought me a toy.” Yebin said, pointing to Jaesun but Baekhyun cared less about his niece, his eyes were still focused on the two older people right in front of him.

            “I think I have to go now.” Jaesun said, standing up from his seat and leaving his own ice cream cone on the messy white table. Baekhyun hissed and looked at Jinah.

            “Mind telling me who is this man?” Baekhyun asked, his voice much lighter than before but nevertheless, it’s still frightening and anyone who hears it would be too terrified to even talk to him for months, but Jinah was different.

            She nodded her head as her lips shook.

            “This is Jaesun. Jaesun, this is Baekhyun.” She mumbled.

            Baekhyun nodded his head and diverted his attention back to the boy in front of him.

            “Nice to meet you.” Baekhyun mumbled, Jaesun nodded his head and murmured a small sure, me too and left the scene.

            Right after Jaesun left the three of them inside the ice cream shop, Baekhyun held Yebin’s hand and almost dragged her out of the store but Jinah glared at him and pointed to his hands locked-more like, gripping the child’s wrist harshly.

            “Uncle, I have to get the toy the ahjussi gave me.” Yebin said but Baekhyun shook his head.

            “Don’t.”

            “But uncle…” Yebin said, almost crying. Her tears were starting to fall from her doll-like eyes and Jinah sighed.

            “Don’t be too harsh on the kid, Baekhyun.” She said while grabbing the huge paper bag with the toy in it, she grabbed Yebin’s arm away from her uncle and walked out of the ice cream shop. Baekhyun followed the two girls but his mind was still somewhere far away.

           

            As soon as Jinah and Yebin arrived at the parking lot, she placed the huge paper bag on the small sidewalk that separates the long hi-way to the parking lot and searched for her keys, Yebin held the opening of the paper bag happily while continuously peeking inside.

            Baekhyun followed them all the way to the parking lot while never saying a word. He doesn’t even know why he acted that way but as soon as he saw Jinah with her high school friend, it made his insides boil with nothing but anger and…jealousy.

            He was furious.

            He saw Jinah struggling to look for the keys inside her purse and her pocket and in her bag, even inside the huge paper bag where the huge teddy bear was but she found nothing. Jinah sighed in despair and quickly walked beside her driver seat window, Baekhyun saw Jinah sigh more and pout before fishing out her phone to probably call someone.

            “Yes, please. Make it quick, please. Yes, okay. Thank you.” Jinah said through the phone and Baekhyun made his way beside his niece.

            “What happened?” He asked.

            “Keys.” Jinah said, her short reply made Baekhyun nod his head in understanding. He knows you too well and with your one worded answer, it only means that he’s going to be in a deeper trouble if he asked more.

            “I took my car, just saying. I think I have to bring Yebin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter