The performance

Lipstick

Kyuhyun stepped in Family Mart and started looking for sanitary pads. The Family Mart was quite big and it was at the junction near the theatre.

"Oh my, which one? There are so many brands! I forgot to ask her which one" Kyuhyun was scratching his head. A lady next to him was looking at him strangely and Kyuhyun bowed and said politely "Sumimasen" and moved a few steps away. There were various shapes and sizes, with "huh what? wings?? what is that?? " Kyuhyun read from where he stood, and again, the lady looked at him strangely.

"Ahhh sumimasen, I need to buy sanitary pad for my girlfriend. She is at the theatre rehearsing for a play. But I am not sure which one to buy" Kyuhyun spoke to the lady in Japanese. He praised himself for learning Japanese and it helped in this kind of situation.

"I see. I think it must be her 1st day, so you should buy this one, Laurier heavy flow, with wings. It helps to stay and able to last longer" the lady explained to him in Japanese.

"Ohh thank you very much. I will go by your recommendation" Kyuhyun took 2 packs and bowed his thanks to her.

"You are such a kind boyfriend! She is so lucky to have you. My husband don't even want to buy for me!" the lady smile and nodded at him.

Kyuhyun smile and bowed again. He grabbed 2 chewing gums, 2 packets of bun, 2 bottles of mineral water, a box of menstrual panadol, and then went to the counter to pay. The counter girl looked at him too as she punched in the sanitary pads prices. He smile, paid and bowed at her and left. "Wow, seemed like the guys here never buy sanitary pads for their girlfriends or wife!!" he chuckled to himself.

The rehearsal was in full swing when Kyuhyun stepped into the viewing areas. There were a few tourists watching the rehearsal too, and they clapped whenever the actors did some stunts or ended a fight. He was proud of Sungmin, who has worked hard for this play. He just hope that she was okay and not having painful cramps. He remembered how Ahra always complaining of cramps whenever her menses came, and he had to get painkillers for her or else she would forever complaining of pain.

He sprung up from his seat when the director signalled a break. As the cast knew him by now, he was allowed to walk in to find his Sungmin.

"Kyu, I'm here" Sungmin waved at him from her resting place. "Oh you managed to buy the pads and the painkillers! Thank you!!" Sungmin said as Kyuhyun passed her the carrier plastic.

"I hope the brand is ok? I forgot to ask you which brand to buy"

"Ohhh this brand is ok. Thank you so much, Kyu. And luckily you bought the painkillers too. I started to feel the cramps coming".

"Eat the bun and take the painkillers. You have a long day, and the painkillers will definitely help"

She ate the bun and smile at Kyuhyun. "He's really a great boyfriend! So caring and understanding. I'm so lucky to have him!" Sungmin was talking to herself.

"What? The bun not nice?"

"No, it's nice! I was just thinking that you are a great boyfriend. So caring and so understanding"

Kyuhyun chuckled "that's what boyfriends are for, right? So, am I a good husband material??"

"Definitely!!!" and both of them laughed. Kyuhyun leaned forward and pecked her lips.

"Hmmm, so many crumbs. My girlfriend is so messy when she's eating!" Kyuhyun laughed and wipe with a serviette.

"I didn't know that you are going to kiss me, else I would have clean my lips" Sungmin playfully beat him. And they both laughed again. 

From far, Yesung was getting furious as the two of them seemed so close and happy. Why can't Sungmin behaved like that with him?? Yesung thought angrily. "Does it really mean that I have no chance?? No! As long as she is still available, I will try my best to win her heart!!! I won't lose easily to that brat!". He decided to walk up to them. 

"Well well, looks like you are a permanent visitor to our dressing rooms, Kyuhyun-ssi" 

Both of them turned to look at the person who was talking. Kyuhyun immediately stopped laughing when he saw who was it. 

"Oppa, I asked Kyuhyun to get me something and since everybody knew him already, he is allowed to come here". 

"What a lucky man! Anyway, rehearsal break is ending soon. Get ready and go back to stage" Yesung said with both hands on his hip. He then turned around and walked away. 

"Min, take the painkillers and go change your pad. I see you tonight ok" 

"Sorry about him, Kyu. Ignore what he said. He is just jealous about us". 

"I know, that's why I'm ignoring him. I will watch your rehearsal and eat the other bun. All the best for tonight!". He leaned over and kiss her lips and then her forehead. He smile and got up, took his bun and mineral water, and waved at her, before leaving. 

Sungmin took a deep breath and quickly finished up her bun and took the painkillers. Then she went to the ladies to change her pad. She didn't understand why her co-star Yesung oppa was doing this. Why was he so rude to Kyu? She thought that she has made it clear that the person she liked was Kyuhyun? Why did Yesung oppa still tried to be the 3rd wheel?? 

The rehearsal ended well and the production crews were now preparing for the actual performance. 

Kyuhyun received a text message from his manager to resend his gantt chart for their project as the earlier image was corrupted. He rushed off back to his room to resend from his laptop. 

Unexpectedly the WiFi was weak, so it took quite sometine to complete sending, much to Kyuhyun's frustration as he really wanted to be there to cheer his girlfriend. He took his phone and messaged her. 

The show started and during the 1st intermission, Yesung whispered to Sungmin, "I didn't see your so-called boyfriend watching our performance. Are you sure he cared enough to keep on cheering you?" 

"He might be in his room. Anyway I didn't force him to come to Kyoto just to watch our performance. He has his own time and he has his work".

"But as your so-called boyfriend, shouldn't he be here to cheer you up? He doesn't even care. I make a better boyfriend than him, you know. I have the same passion as you in theatrical performance and understand you better" Yesung smile at her. He intended to hold her longer than necessary during performance to show her that he really likes her. 

Sungmin couldn't stand it any longer. She moved away to do some touch up to her make up. Though she really wished that Kyuhyun would show up, she did understand that he must have something urgent to attend to. She remembered her phone and took it out from her bag. True enough, there were 2 messages from her boyfriend. 

His 1st message "Min, so sorry my manager need something urgently so I have to rush back to my room. Will return to the theatre once I have send the doc to him. Anyway, Fighting!! Give your best, ok!" 

His 2nd message "So sorry Min, this takes longer than I expected. Once the doc went through, I'll be right down". 

Sungmin smile. Her workaholic boyfriend. She blew a kiss to his picture and off her phone. 

Kyuhyun rushed down and dropped by the florist on the ground floor. He managed to get a pretty bouquet of roses and daisies and then rushed out to the theatre. The 2nd part has started and the scene was in the Palace. 

"Oh no, that scrum will definitely hold my Min longer. He purposely wanted to take advantage" Kyuhyun sighed and true enough, as and when Yesung got a chance, he purposely lingered his hand on Sungmin. 

Kyuhyun zoomed in on Yesung hand and snapped some photos. Though he could easily made a complain to the director, he didn't want to put Sungmin in any trouble. 

He would just hold on to these photos and only use them if necessary. If Yesung went too far.........