The Day

Lipstick


Sungmin loved the pink tulips! She never expected that Kyuhyun would appear at their cafe! They were hugging and laughing and after a while, Mrs Lee has to interrupt them so that Sungmin could let Kyuhyun sit and to serve him coffee. Her favourite son-in-law must be tired after working the whole day!

"Kyu, are you mad at me?" Sungmin sat opposite Kyuhyun and took his hands gave him a pitiful look. 

"I thought you are the one who's mad at me?" Kyuhyun replied, happy that he could see his future wife. He brought up her hand and kissed it. 

"I was just sad, that's all. I wasn't mad at you..." 

"I'm so sorry Min, I should have been more reasonable and shouldn't be jealous of Yesung-ssi. I must learn to trust you more...."

"Kyu, I understand how you feel. But yes, trust me, I have no feelings whatsoever at him. I only love you".

"I know. I think it's good that we talk about this and clear the air. In future, we must always talk and not keep any feelings to ourseves. No secrets between us, ok" 

"Yes Kyu" Sungmin nodded and smile happily. "Thank you for the tulips! It's a lovely surprise!!" 

Kyuhyun must thank his buddies!! "Want to watch a movie this Wednesday? Will your mum allows you to leave early?" 

"It should be okay coz Jin will help on Wednesdays after his class" Sungmin smile sweetly. "Do you want to stay for dinner? I can cook something for you" 

"No, it's okay. I told my mum that I'll eat dinner at home. I call you tonight okay?" Kyuhyun said, finishing up his coffee.

"Okay. Drive carefully, Kyu" Sungmin got up and walked with Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun bowed at Mrs Lee and waved her goodbye. 

"I go off first? Talk to you later" Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin and waved and got into his car. 

So everything went well and Kyuhyun kept coming everyday with different bouquets of flowers. They had an enjoyable movie night on Wednesday and on Friday, as per his buddies' suggestion, he came with fresh red rosses which even the other cafe customers were jealous of Sungmin!! 

Their wedding photo shoots were awesome and Sungmin looked so pretty in her wedding suit. Of course the handsome Prince was gorgeous beyond words, and even Sungmin couldn't take her eyes off him.

And keeping his words, he treated his buddies on Sunday and they had an enjoyable afternoon, full of jokes and laughter. Kyuhyun felt sad though, because he would missed this when he started working Australia. Though he could always keep in touch with them in their group chat, but being with them physically were different. 

"Heyy guys, during winter, why not you all visit me in Gold Coast? We can go to the beach and tour around Gold Coast" Kyuhyun suggested. 

"Wow wow, that's a great idea hyung!! But you two just got married by then, surely Sungmin-ssi wants to spend more time with you!" Minho said, munching some cookies. 

"I'm serious! Sungmin won't mind really. What say you?" Kyuhyun looked at them one by one. 

"We'll arrange again nearer to December ok. You settle there first, and update us. I'm really okay to fly there" Changmin said, nodding his head. 

"Yeah hyung, I'm okay too! Hopefully we can fly there and get together with you!!! I'm looking forward to it!" Suho said smiling from ear to ear. 

"Ok great!!! So are your suits, ready for my wedding day??" Kyuhyun asked and they continued discussing about the wedding day. 

Sungmin couldn't believe that she would be getting married the next day! She was in good spirit and was smiling whole day. She just had her hair done, went through a good massage, had her manicure done and pedicure done. It was a tiring day but she felt great! Her mom told her that she was not supposed to meet Kyuhyun so she has been missing him for a week. 

"I missed you Kyu" she told him over the phone that night. 

"I missed you more!! I can't even concentrate on my work!" 

"You are still working? Aren't you supposed to be on leave already?" 

"I need to settle some projects and finalised the handover to my team. Then I can go on leave with a peace of mind. And I need to pack my stuff to bring over to Australia, but all is settled now, thank God!" 

"So, we are flying directly to Gold Coast after our wedding?" 

"It's the following day, in the evening. We'll spend our wedding night in a hotel where we'll be having the wedding reception. Hmmm, and since probably we could not get up early.... I have book the evening flight" Kyuhyun teased his beloved Sungmin. 

"Kyu...." Sungmin said, laughing shyly. 

"Hahaha..." Kyuhyun laughed at how cute Sungmin shy voice was, and he continued "Actually Min, I will missed this you know, calling you each night, I mean.... coz we don't have to call each other again after tonight. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for our wedding day, it's just that I always felt so blessed and happy everytime I call you and hearing your voice, that all my tiredness will just disappear instantly.. "

"Well, sleep early Kyu, we'll have a long day tomorrow. I see you tomorrow?" 

"Yeah, see you tomorrow, Min. I'll sleep after I finish packing. I've already shipped my office stuff to Gold Coast and some of my office attire. So just left personal stuff only. You bring along your winter jackets okay. The winter there is cold too, though Gold Coast will not be as cold as Seoul"

"Ohh okay, will add that. Goodnight Kyu. I love you. See you tomorrow!" 

"I love you. See you tomorrow Min" Kyuhyun said and gave her a kissing sound. He smiled and off his phone. Today would be his last day being a bachelor and tomorrow he would be a married man! He smile happily and got up to finish his packing. 

Their Australian office has provided a nice 2-storey house in an upscale area in Broadbeach. Broadbeach is a coastal suburb in the City of Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia.  The office that he would be working is at The Oasis, which has a shopping centre area with office tower. He has been there for business trip twice, and like it there. He hope that Sungmin will like staying there too. 

The wedding day was finally here!!!! The Chos were busy entertaing guests at the wedding venue. 

"Hyung, you are shaking! Relax man!!" Sugo teased Kyuhyun. 

"I don't know why am I so nervous! I was perfectly fine last night!" Kyuhyun took a few deep breath and tried to calm himself down. 

"Just don't think about tonight ok, you'll be fine..." Minho told him with a straight face. 

"Idiot, of course I'm thinking about tonight..." Kyuhyun said, punching Minho lightly on his chest. 

"Are you sure? Your wedding night bro..." Minho continued teasing him. 

"I go out to your parents to start taking videos ok. All the best hyung!! Fighting!!" Suho said, and waved at him and Minho. They had taken photos and videos together earlier, and Changmin had went out to greet his parents. 

Suddenly Kyuhyun remembered something. "Minho, do you think I can see Sungmin for a while?" 

"You missed her already? Common hyung, be patient! You'll see her later at the altar!" 

"I just want to see her for a while" 

Minho shooked his head because Kyuhyun looked so pitiful. He gestured with his hand to wait and went out from the room to check on the bride.

"Ryeowook-ssi, the groom wants to see his bride, can they meet for a while?" Minho whispered to Ryeowook who luckily he met outside the bride chamber. Ryeowook was assigned by Mrs Lee to take care of Sungmin. She was the one who designed Sungmin's wedding dress and was Sungmin's close friend since their high school.

"Ohhh hi, Minho-ssi. Hmmm, I guess it should be okay. Sungminnie is ready, but asked for a glass of water, so he can come over, but not too long, I need to freshen her makup before the wedding march"

"OK great, I bring that brat over" Minho gestured his thanks and run off. 

"Okay, hyung, you can go over but not too long. Come let me accompany you to the bride chamber" Minho said while gesturing Kyuhyun to come with him. 

Kyuhyun carefully pushed open the chamber's door slightly, and put his head inside. He saw Sungmin's back, so he slowly stepped in. 

"Wook, should we put the veil now..?" Sungmin said while turning around from her seat. What she saw wasn't Ryeowook, but her Prince charming! Her jaw dropped at how dashingly handsome her beloved Prince Charming was! 

"Hi...." Kyuhyun was amazed that he could find his voice, because he was stunned and speechless when he saw his beloved wife-to-be! She was like an angel! So beautiful and so bewitching. She looks 10 times more prettier than during their wedding photoshoot. At that time, he was already speechless, now, his legs like turning into jelly. 

"Kyu!!!" Sungmin was, so happy and delighted that she could see the one who she missed the most! 

"Heyy love.  I just want to see you for a while" and he slowly walked towards his pretty bride "to put this on for you.." he took out a diamond necklass from his pocket.

"A necklass? Wow, it's so pretty!!!" 

"I bought it last week" he smile and carefully unchained the necklass and with one knee on the floor, reached up to Sungmin's neck to put on the necklass around her fair and pretty neck. He clasped the chain and carefully re-arranged it around her neck, and kissed her cheek.

"Thank you, Kyu!" Sungmin turned around to the mirror to see the necklass. It complimented her whole wedding suit and looked so pretty. She looked up and smile sweetly at him. 

Kyuhyun wrapped his hands around her and kissed her cheek again. "I love you, Lee Sungmin" 

"I love you too, Cho Kyuhyun" she smile happily at him. "Can we snap a few photos?" 

"Yes, why not?!!" and they took so many selfies together. 

"Hyung, we need to go back to the room" Minho knocked on the door urgently, as Ryeowook need to put on the veil.

"See you later Min" Kyuhyun whispered and waved and walked out quickly. 

Ryeowook did some touched-up and put on the veil. "You looked so beautiful!! Wow, Kyuhyun-ssi gave you the necklass?!!! It's so lovely!!" 

"Yes, I was surprised too. I was thinking to put on my own silver necklass which I brought along, but this is better!!" Sungmin smile shyly. 

"You are so lucky, you know! Ok, let's get ready. I help you with your shoes, and we can go out to meet your father. Don't be nervous, okay, and don't cry!!" Ryeowook said, seeing Sungmin was getting nervous. 

Sungmin took a few deep breath and put on her wedding shoes. Her mother came in and they hugged and she helped her to walk out too, with Ryeowook. 

So, this was it!! She was getting married. She would be walking down the aisle with her father towards the love of her life. 

She smile sweetly at her father and accepted his hand. Sungjin showed his thumbs up and together with their mother, they went into the church first. 

"Ready my dear?" Mr Lee patted her hand. 

Talking another deep breath, Sungmin said "Yes Appa!".