The invitation

Lipstick

Kyuhyun texted Sungmin with apology that he couldn't fetched her because he needed to fetch his mother and sister from home. His father would be coming directly from his office. 

Sungmin replied "It's alright Kyu, I am already at Sejong Centre, practising with my co-star. See you later!" 

Kyuhyun replied back "With that handsome actor who acted as Hong Gil Dong or with the one acting as the Prince?" 

Sungmin replied "Hong Gil Dong" and added a smiling emoticon. 

Kyuhyun replied "Oh, still need to practice with him?" 

Sungmin replied "Yes, because our director still want that kissing scene. So we are trying that out" and she added a laughing emoticon. 

Kyuhyun sent a quick reply "Kissing???" and added an annoyed emoticon. 

Sungmin just replied with 3 laughing emoticon. 

Kyuhyun closed his phone flap. Though he knew that it was all part of the scenes, he didn't know why he was feeling uncomfortable about it. He hasn't even kissed her yet, and yet that guy has already tasted it all! Sigh sigh... the pros and cons of having a girlfriend who are into acting. 

'Girlfriend'. Finally, he could call her as his girlfriend. He was too busy with university life previously and then with working life, to really find himself a girlfriend, and now that he has one, shouldn't he cherish her rather than getting all worked up just because Hong Gil Dong has a kissing scene with her? He scolded himself. 

His phone buzzed and he saw that he has notifications for WhatsApp groupchat for his buddies. 

"Guys! Dinner tonight?" Minho was asking. 

"Onz! But what time? My meeting surely dragged till 7pm" Changmin replied. 

"8pm is fine! Suho? Kyu?" Minho asked. 

"As long as dinner not on me, I'm fine!" Suho added with a laughing emoticon. 

"Sorry guys, I can't" Kyuhyun typed his reply. 

"WHY????" Minho asked 

"Yeah why?? ...... give me 10 good reasons, other than your bloody work!" Changmin type at the same time. 

"Don't tell me you got a date with Sungmin-ssi???" Suho added after Changmin. 

"Well, yes, but not a date!" Kyuhyun replied. 

"????" Minho posted and added 4  wondering emoticon. 

"She got some free tickets and I asked my family to watch. But she's not acting tonight, so we are just watching the play together". 

"Wow!!! Already introducing her to your family? Wah Kyu, you are fast, man!!!!" Minho put in 5 clapping hands emoticon. 

"Daebak Kyu!!!! So how are you going to introduce her as? Just a  friend? Or... Girlfriend????" Changmin added laughing emoticon. 

"I don't know actually. Maybe I just introduce her as 'Sungmin'. I don't want to make her too nervous" Kyuhyun texted back. 

"Daebak Kyu!! All the best for tonight, man!!! Happy watching the musical! You join us another time then!!" Changmin added a thumbs up emoticon. 

Sungmin was already standing near the entrance door when Kyuhyun arrived with his mother and sister, with his father arriving at the same time. She waved when she saw Kyuhyun, who smiled happily and waved back at her. 

He introduced her to his family "Appa, omma, noona, this is Lee Sungmin" and then "Sungmin, these are my parents, and my sister, Ahra". 

Sungmin bowed politely and offered her hand to each of them "Mr Cho, Mrs Cho, Ahra-ssi, welcome to our musical. Please come in" 

Mrs Cho whispered to her husband that Sungmin is a very pretty girl and that their son's choice was excellent. She liked her immediately because of her politeness and her respect of the elders. And Sungmin is a very sweet girl. 

Ahra nudged Kyuhyun when they were going through the door to their seats, and showed her 2 thumbs up. Ahra pushed him to seat the furthest in because she wanted Sungmin to sit next to her, and then her parents on her right side. 

"How do you find my brother so far? He's such a nerd you know!" Ahra whispered to Sungmin. 

"Ahra-ssi, he's nice and very caring. We are still in the stage of getting to know more about each other. I haven't really seen his nerdy side yet!" Sungmin chuckled. 

"Just call me Ahra noona" 

"Alright, noona" 

Kyuhyun, who by now has realised that Ahra has been whispering to Sungmin, tell her softly "Don't listen to whatever she said. Half the time, she's bullying me" 

Sungmin giggled. She never had a sister and she found that Ahra noona is very approachable and funny. She will definitely like Ahra noona. 

The lights darkened and soon the musical started. Sungmin sang along softly those parts that she acted and clapped her hands and cheers for those parts that the actress used her fighting skills to defend herself. Her bag on her lap slanted and Kyuhyun stopped it from falling, and Sungmin's hand reached out for her bag at the same time too.

Her hand ended up grasping Kyuhyun's hand. "Ohh sorry Kyu, and thank you" Sungmin lifted up her hand while Kyuhyun put her bag properly on her lap. She smiled sweetly at him. The parts that their hands contact burnt with some nice sensation and Kyuhyun wanted so much to hold her hand. But he has to behave himself, else Ahra would to no end.

After the musical, they lingered outside as Sungmin excused herself to go to the ladies room. Mrs Cho happily said "Kyu, she's very pretty, very polite and well-mannered. So, she is your girlfriend?" 

"Omma, we are just getting to know each other. But yes, I like her" Kyuhyun shyly said, looking down. 

"Ahh don't be shy, Kyu! I know you like her A LOT!!!  Omma, how about inviting her for dinner at home?" 

"Noona, it's too soon to bring her home!" 

"Why not? It's a good suggestion, Kyu. Yes, we should invite her for our home cook dinner. How about next weekend? Dear, you ok with that?" Mrs Cho asked her husband. 

"Of course! Kyu, asked her whether she has scheduled next Saturday, if she's ok, invite her for dinner to our home" Mr Cho said happily. 

"Better still, asked her to come early and help Omma to cook" Ahra suggested. 

"She will be our guest, Ahra, how could you ask her to help to cook?" Mrs Cho chided Ahra. 

"You should be the one helping Omma, Noona!" Kyuhyun nudged his sister. 

"Unless you want our kitchen to burnt??" Ahra playfully kicked her brother's leg. 

Sungmin joined them again and apologise for making them wait. Mrs Cho dismissed it saying that it was okay. She added "Sungmin dear, do you have schedule next Saturday?" 

"Saturday? No, my schedule next week will be Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday" Sungmin said politely. 

"Great! Join us for dinner at our house! Kyuhyun will fetch you" Mrs Cho informed Sungmin, which caught her by surprise. 

 "Ohh, thank you Mrs Cho. If it's not too troublesome to have me, I will gladly accept your invitation" Sungmin tried to hide her nervousness by glancing at Kyuhyun, who was smiling and nodding his head at her. She said to Kyuhyun "Kyu, maybe you pick me up earlier? I want to help with dinner". 

"Sungmin dear, you are our guest, you don't have to help" Mrs Cho said.

"But I like to cook. Let me help you?" Sungmin told Mrs Cho. 

"Alright, you can help preparing the dinner" Mrs Cho was all smiles and happy that Sungmin loved to cook. This is the quality she liked in a daughter-in-law! 

"Ok, it's set then. Ok Omma and noona, I send Sungmin back, you follow appa's car?" 

"Kyu, I can go back myself" Sungmin quickly said. 

 "No, I'll send you back" 

"Let him send you back, Sungmin, or else he will wine noisily until we have to lock him outside the door" Ahra chuckled at Kyuhyun. 

"Haha. Ok then, goodnight Mr and Mrs Cho, and you noona. Thank you for coming to watch and support our musical" Sungmin bowed at them and waved her hand. 

Kyuhyun led her to his car after the rest have left. He bravely reached over for Sungmin's hand, and hold it, and smile at Sungmin's surprised expression. Sungmin clapsed her palm into Kyuhyun's palm and they walked hand in hand towards Kyuhyun's car. 

"Oh my god, Kyu, I still can't believe it! Your mother invited me to have dinner at your house!!

"That means she likes you" 

"But I'm so nervous, Kyu! You pick me up early ok? I won't be so nervous if I help with the preparations" 

"Do you like to cook?" 

"Yes, but I like baking more. Hmm, maybe I bring some cupcakes on that Saturday"

"You don't have to trouble yourself or bring anything, Min. You should rest more, since it's your off day"

"I'll think about it and plan accordingly. Don't worry about it" 

"So, I come to pick you up at 3pm? Is it ok?" 

"Yup, perfect!  Ohh we are here!! Thank you, Kyu, for sending me home"

Kyuhyun pulled her back after she  unbuckled her seat belt. Slowly, he moved towards her, held Sungmin's face with both his hands, and kissed her. It was just lips touching lips, much to Sungmin's surprise, but then Kyuhyun deepened the kiss and Sungmin responded back. It was nice, full of passion and felt nice! 

Once they separated, Kyuhyun trace her face with his finger, and kissed her again. 

Sungmin smiled shyly after they separated again. "Goodnight, Kyu. Thank you for tonight. Drive safely" and Sungmin held his hand before she let it go and opened the car door. 

"Wait, Min" Kyuhyun opened his door and ran over to the passenger door and held the door for her. 

They kissed briefly again before Kyuhyun let Sungmin go into her house. 

Sungmin closed her front door and leaned against it. She was feeling like dozens of fireworks bursting all around her. The kiss! She traced her lips with her finger. Kyuhyun kissed her!! It was like a dream came through. 

And Kyuhyun's family accepted her!  That was the best part of the night and in her life.