Trauma

Lipstick


"Hello Yesung-oppa" Sungmin said, trying hard to be polite.  

"Oh hi Kyuhyun-ssi. I heard you were in a car-crashed. Are you alright?" Yesung asked Kyuhyun, trying to be friendly. 

"I'm better now, thank you" Kyuhyun answered and was hoping that Yesung would just moved on and leave them alone. 

"That's great" Yesung smile. 

"Oppa, these are Kyuhyun's friends, Changmin-ssi, Minho-ssi and Suho-ssi" Sungmin introduced them, rather disinterested but trying not to be rude. 

"Hi all!" Yesung waved. "Anyway, Sungmin, you will be my co-star again for our next musical! Want to arrange some time to practice together?" Yesung asked without glancing at Kyuhyun. 

"Hmm, I'm sorry Oppa, I will not take up the role. I haven't turn it down officially, but I have made appointment with PD Lee tomorrow to inform him of my decision" Sungmin said, glancing at Kyuhyun. 

"Ohh why? Because the lead role is me?" Yesung probe further. 

"No, because I'm getting married and will follow Kyuhyun to be outstation for sometime" 

"I see. Congratulations to you two. Ok, but I hope you'll continue to be in musicals when you are back in Korea. I see you then" Yesung said, rather disappointed, but managed to smile briefly and walked away. 

"Ohh, you haven't turn down the role?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin, surprised that she still did not turned it down. 

Seeing that Kyuhyun started to  look upset, Sungmin quickly explained "Yes I have not, because PD Lee was overseas and now he's back, I will meet him tomorrow to officially turn it down". 

"Ohh, ok, but you sure you want to turn down this role? Seemed to me that you are still considering. As I said previously, I'm not forcing you though I don't like Yesung to be your co-star" Kyuhyun said, glancing with annoyed look at where Yesung had walked off. He probably has left, as Kyuhyun couldn't see him anywhere. 

"I'm sure Kyu. Trust me" Sungmin said, smiling. She was surprised that Kyuhyun got upset. Why..? Was it because of Yesung oppa? 

"Sungmin-ssi is serious about this, Kyu, so don't worry. She told us her decision even before you were discharged" Changmin told Kyuhyun, trying to ease any tension. He too, noticed that Kyuhyun was upset. 

"Okayyyy" Kyuhyun nodded and smile slightly at his fiancee. Though he felt bad that Sungmin has to give up her role, he is happy with her decision to prioritise him and to be with him. 

Kyuhyun family came to the Lee's family home on the following Saturday. It was a happy occasion as everybody talk about both Kyuhyun and Sungmin, and the Lee's were praising Kyuhyun for his recovery. After lunch, which were prepared by Mrs Lee and Sungmin, both families sat at the verandah and started discussing extensively on the wedding date, the church venue, reception venue and capacity of the venue, number of invites, etc, etc. 

As Kyuhyun's parents need to attend another event, they bid their goodbyes to the Lees. Kyuhyun seeked Sungmin's parents permission whether he could take Sungmin out for a drive, which of course they allowed! 

He drove to Ilsan beach,  which is situated near the Daewangam park area. Though it was a Saturday, it was pretty quiet so it was perfect for an evening stroll.  Sungmin felt strange that Kyuhyun was quiet throughout the drive, but she dared not ask in case Kyuhyun lost concentration while driving, especially now that he had just started driving again. 

"Kyu, is there something bothering you?" Sungmin asked, after the had started their stroll. 

Kyuhyun smile at her "We are really getting married! I can't wait for it!" 

"Yeah, I feel like it's a dream" Sungmin smile too. "But that's not what's bothering you, right? You want to talk about it?" Sungmin coaxed him. 

Kyuhyun led her to sit at a bench, and held her hand. "Min, after the accident, I kept experiencing feelings of shock, sometimes panic, anger, nervousness, worry, fear, loneliness, embarrassment or uneasiness. I don't know why I'm like this. Since I went back to work, at times, I will have mood swings, chronic fatigue, exhaustion, and loss of appetite" Kyuhyun said with a worried face "I just want you to know that if I am different, it should be temporary only and you need to bear with me..." 

"Kyu, I understand, don't worry too much..." Sungmin cut in. 

"I know, but in case I raise my voice at you, or you feel that I am cold or annoyed towards you, please don't take it to heart. I will seek help and talk to my doctor during my next appointment. And... and.. there's something I want to ask you as well..." 

Sungmin tightened their hold and said "just ask me anything Kyu. We should not keep any secrets from each other" 

"Because of the operation on my broken ribs, I have an ugly scar. I hope you will still accept me..." 

Sungmin cut in "Kyu, I love you for who you are. Whether you have a scar or whatever, it doesn't matter to me. I love you whole-heartedly, please don't feel like that and do trust me in this... " 

"I trust you, Min. And thank you. I love you very very much" and he pulled her into his arms. "I have to tell you now, so that you are not scared after seeing my scar on our wedding night..." 

"Can I see it now..." Sungmin by trying to his shirt. 

Laughing, Kyuhyun stopped her fingers. "Heyyy, we only see each other's body on our wedding night, ok.  I'm still old fashion... " 

Sungmin laughed "I know. And I am happy that you respect me and didn't take any advantage on me during our stay in Kyoto. You are really a fine and respectable gentleman!" 

Kyuhyun smile, and kissed her forehead. He had always wanted his wedding night to be special and  a discovery of each other's body, and soul, and felt that those couple who had slept together before marriage, would not feel special on their wedding night. 

"There you go again, suddenly became very quiet.... My dear fiancee, I really don't mind that you are old fashion. I like it, okayyy?" Sungmin smile honestly at him. 

"I wanted our wedding night to be special. A journey of discovering each other, liking our bodies together, making beautiful love and just enjoy holding each other..." Kyuhyun smile and looked at Sungmin lovingly. 

Sungmin reached up and kissed Kyuhyun. She felt so blessed that her husband-to-be felt this way. This was what she had always envision a wedding night to be. That, it is special, because it will be the first time she allows a man to touch her in an intimate way. 

They kissed, hugged and kissed again, and then they just stayed in each other's arms. 

"Are you cold? We should get back to the car..." Kyuhyun tightened his hold, after he felt that Sungmin shivered slightly due to the wind. 

"Yeah, let's get back to the car. It's getting cold... I think it's going to rain... " 

They got up and Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around her shoulder and started walking. They felt droplets of water and Kyuhyun pulled her hand and started running. 

He turned up the car heater so that Sungmin gets some warmth. It started to rain and at some point during the their drive, lightning started followed by thunder. 

Kyuhyun started to get panic and drive to a side road and stopped the car. He closed both ears with his hands when another lighting strike. 

"Kyu! Are you alright?" Sungmin asked worriedly. 

"I... I... can't drive... Min, I can't drive..."  Kyuhyun suddenly felt the trauma of the accident haunting him again...